Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

15 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

Yea, in Kladmaster's vid I don't see anything out of place.

Good AA. And some Moiree on small objects which is normal...

Maybe I don't see it because this laptop is not yet infected?? ?

You can't see these problems on compressed videos unless they are completely out of place lol (not that we explained this a million of times already...) . Thats why most people will think there is nothing wrong when wathing a video showing these issues.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:29 PM, AndreiArgeanu said:

Am I the only one who thinks this topic should be left alone. Like, it's been 3 years, updates happenned, stuff changed,I don't think this an issue anymore or relevant at all.

3 years? lol, more than that. This specific topic was created if i remember right back in 2016, but these problems started in 2011-2012... lol.

Well, if this issue is not relevant to you, maybe you should go back to play with your nintendo nes, obviously you really dont care if graphics on videogames look like crap. This is now more than ever a really concerning issue because its getting worst every year, but one thing you are right about is, we should leave this topic alone. Keeping in mind new gamers that are the ones who are moving the videogaming industry dont really care or they dont even have a clue (their generation is dx11.. so they probably never played a videogame with good graphics before), i dont think this is going to be fixed, ever. I mean, not until gamers of this generation wake up.

DX11 definitely hast good graphics, Total War Warhammer 2 or Shadow Warrior 2.

I got some nice screenshots without the problem.

My graphics card is leaving me tomorrow (bye bye GPU) to go to ASUS to show them

it's ill.

Hopefully, they will stop the flu that it's got.

Tell you guys when it's back.

(couldn't reproduce the problem to provide them with comparison shots but still

if they're interested I got lots of ugly and good-looking pics for them ?)

7 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

This is what makes me think there is actually nothing wrong with the signal from the PC but rather on how the monitor displays it, how else could you explain that videos show the same symptoms.

What i dont understand is how something like that would be even possible this issue defys anything i know about logic and tech this is just getting ridiculous can you guys try talk to some people maybe in real life i do the same to gather as much information as possible.

Some videos are scaled and filtered by the gpu, this can cause aliasing if you are having filtering issues with the GPU. There was a good example of this a few pages back.

9 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

Some videos are scaled and filtered by the gpu, this can cause aliasing if you are having filtering issues with the GPU. There was a good example of this a few pages back.

It isnt the GPU though as we noticed since changing that part doesnt work, means only explanation left is something is messing with the GPU its not like there are a lot of options and we still have no clue.

We can try to localize wich parts of the card render AA and etc which might give a hint on what causes this.

6 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

It isnt the GPU though as we noticed since changing that part doesnt work, means only explanation left is something is messing with the GPU its not like there are a lot of options and we still have no clue.

We can try to localize wich parts of the card render AA and etc which might give a hint on what causes this.

I find it incredibly frustrating how you guys are STILL talking about components in the PC when I’ve said numerous times I’ve tried Blade Shadow as well as GeForce Now and the same graphical issues remain!   This means It has nothing to do with the components AT ALL!  Just an FYI for some of the more close-minded on this forum,  these 2 streaming services don’t use your GPU or really anything else,  It’s just streaming from either one of their servers or in Blade Shadows case you take control of a full blown desktop.  Hopefully this is the last Time I’ll have to say this but I fucking doubt it!

Stadia releases on the 19th,  This is different from the other streaming services I’ve tried because you don’t need to bypass a console of PC the use it,  just plug in a google chrome cast ultra to the monitor or use the tv app,  This may give different results.

One thing I’ve found interesting to say the least is that every time I’ve opened a case with Nvidia to help me with these issues I’ve sent clips and screenshots of the issues with them always saying they see nothing wrong.  Now I’ve always said there either stupid or blind or both but maybe there IS something with the transfer between the Monitor/TV and the PC/Console..  This would make sense as to why they keep saying everything looks a-okay..  

I’ll post as soon as I test Stadia.

1 hour ago, Harsh45 said:

Stadia releases on the 19th,  This is different from the other streaming services I’ve tried because you don’t need to bypass a console of PC the use it,  just plug in a google chrome cast ultra to the monitor or use the tv app,  This may give different results.

One thing I’ve found interesting to say the least is that every time I’ve opened a case with Nvidia to help me with these issues I’ve sent clips and screenshots of the issues with them always saying they see nothing wrong.  Now I’ve always said there either stupid or blind or both but maybe there IS something with the transfer between the Monitor/TV and the PC/Console..  This would make sense as to why they keep saying everything looks a-okay..  

I’ll post as soon as I test Stadia.

This problem is on TV.
People changed monitors and cables, so this is not the problem

6 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

I find it incredibly frustrating how you guys are STILL talking about components in the PC when I’ve said numerous times I’ve tried Blade Shadow as well as GeForce Now and the same graphical issues remain!   This means It has nothing to do with the components AT ALL!  Just an FYI for some of the more close-minded on this forum,  these 2 streaming services don’t use your GPU or really anything else,  It’s just streaming from either one of their servers or in Blade Shadows case you take control of a full blown desktop.  Hopefully this is the last Time I’ll have to say this but I fucking doubt it!

I just said its probably not the PC itself if you read my earlier comment which suggests it has something to do with the display or rather how the signal gets to the monitor.

On 11/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, tantalus said:

3 years? lol, more than that. This specific topic was created if i remember right back in 2016, but these problems started in 2011-2012... lol.

Well, if this issue is not relevant to you, maybe you should go back to play with your nintendo nes, obviously you really dont care if graphics on videogames look like crap. This is now more than ever a really concerning issue because its getting worst every year, but one thing you are right about is, we should leave this topic alone. Keeping in mind new gamers that are the ones who are moving the videogaming industry dont really care or they dont even have a clue (their generation is dx11.. so they probably never played a videogame with good graphics before), i dont think this is going to be fixed, ever. I mean, not until gamers of this generation wake up.

Yes there is an issue but anyway i can play games with it and have much fun. I can`t say that this issue ruins the graphics so much that you can`t play games and enjoy them. Maybe that`s why many people ignore it?

I`am worried about another thing. Guys with this issue, do you also have some weird artifacts during bios logo? Some lines appear on the screen sometimes when you turn on the PC and bios loading? Also i see artifacts sometimes when i press ctr+alt+del and choose the third option 'log off' оr 'exit' from the list(it must sound something like this in english;my win10 is not in english). Does someone have the same issue?

19 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

I just said its probably not the PC itself if you read my earlier comment which suggests it has something to do with the display or rather how the signal gets to the monitor.

That post wasn’t necessarily pointed towards you but more broadly across this forum.  I do agree with there maybe being something happening with the signals getting transferred from PC to TV/Monitor.

5 hours ago, BillWilliamson said:

I`am worried about another thing. Guys with this issue, do you also have some weird artifacts during bios logo? Some lines appear on the screen sometimes when you turn on the PC and bios loading? Also i see artifacts sometimes when i press ctr+alt+del and choose the third option 'log off' оr 'exit' from the list(it must sound something like this in english;my win10 is not in english). Does someone have the same issue?

I have said from the beginning that my boot logos on all my rigs whether it’s Asus or gigabyte it is blurry with artifacts..

58 minutes ago, Harsh45 said:

I have said from the beginning that my boot logos on all my rigs whether it’s Asus or gigabyte it is blurry with artifacts..

I wrote not about just a boot logo(which looks worse than before; we know about it) but about some strange lines of different colours which appear on the black part of the boot screen, not on the boot logo(Asus for example) itself. This part of the boot screen must be completely black without any lines and it is completely black most of the time but sometimes it has this strange lines-artifacts. Also i see some lines-artifacts when exit the system from ctr+alt+del menu(also on black screen which appears for a small time). I remember that before this issue with graphics i didn`t see any of this artifacts. I think it is a part of one big problem. Later i`ll try to make a video of this artifacts.

On 11/8/2019 at 3:03 PM, tantalus said:

Why you so mad at me for? I've never seen nor experienced the issue before, and no one in the tech industry really speaks about it because it probably isn't really important. And you're basically saying that games before 2011 or 2012 are somehow graphically better than the ones made today which is clearly a complete lie. Not even games from 2011 or 2012 compare with newer titles.

I've even tried looking for these "graphical issue" which you claim that make games look worse than ones before 2011 and 2012 and couldn't find any.

Like seriously, do you have any comparison screenshots of an older popular AAA title that actually looks better than a newer popular AAA title (or any other titles of a given genre), your arguments don't really make sense therefore they don't really matter like "you really dont care if graphics on videogames look like crap". In what way though?

He is talking about affected/infected computers displaying newer games like crap.

The result is that even games (on platforms that are not infected) 10 years ago look better.

And I tend to agree unfortunately...

11 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Why you so mad at me for? I've never seen nor experienced the issue before, and no one in the tech industry really speaks about it because it probably isn't really important. And you're basically saying that games before 2011 or 2012 are somehow graphically better than the ones made today which is clearly a complete lie. Not even games from 2011 or 2012 compare with newer titles.

I've even tried looking for these "graphical issue" which you claim that make games look worse than ones before 2011 and 2012 and couldn't find any.

Like seriously, do you have any comparison screenshots of an older popular AAA title that actually looks better than a newer popular AAA title (or any other titles of a given genre), your arguments don't really make sense therefore they don't really matter like "you really dont care if graphics on videogames look like crap". In what way though?

I can defintily tell you that this guy you are talking to is delusional, this issue though is very real for many of us and there is no solution so far which is frustrating.

The reason why many dont believe us is probably that capturing the footage with software somehow doesnt make it visible for people that dont have it, i noticed this while i asked people on what they think about a video which looked awfull for me but fine for them.

Here is some videos i captured with my phone that show clearly whats wrong:

On 11/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, I_dont_know200 said:

Here is some videos i captured with my phone that show clearly whats wrong:

Yeah I can see the issue, it's a bit hard to describe unless you really look very closely to it but I can tell that it doesn't look right and I understand the frustration.

I remember playing AC II back in the days, and for sure I dont remember this much of shimmer and jaggies...

Just compare these two videos:
9 year old gameplay footage on PC - max settings (though the video is in 720p and probably compresed for 30fps)

And the video Ive posted earlier - no sure what platform and settings are there, but the video is in 1080p and 60fps (though I doubt Ubisoft for their promo would chose to showcase the game with everything on LOW) 

Now tell me, if the in game graphics look the same to you? 

(Because for me it feels quite different) 

On 11/10/2019 at 7:55 AM, BillWilliamson said:

Yes there is an issue but anyway i can play games with it and have much fun. I can`t say that this issue ruins the graphics so much that you can`t play games and enjoy them. Maybe that`s why many people ignore it?

Again, thats because you didnt play games without these issues before 2013-2014 (more or less, the time these issues start becoming too noticeable), apparently. You will understand the difference. And if you did, then i dont get it. You just dont care about graphic quality on an AAA game or any videogame? then why you play "AAA" games? ?

Depends on the game. Some games already include TAA or derivates fixing most of these problems, at least related with aliasing and shimmering. Others games dont have that luck and its going to be based on how the game engine of the game is built, and other factors (the genere of the game, for example driving games are the worst..., the specs of your monitor like more resolution = less noticeable, and other factors) but they will still have these problems up to some degree.

Other games are just unplayable. I could give you many examples. Driving games are a clear one. Some driving games , the only thing you can see on the distance are shimmering lines and flickering everywhere. Or if you look at electric wires or thing objects they will appear completely jagged, half invisible lol and etc. Terrible. Playing a game in that situation, i dont know, for me is a total game breaking issue. Other games have also these issues making them playable but losing so much quality that you will be wondering why are you even play at ultra settings??? for example. There are many of these out there lol.

Again, i dont know how many times we are going to explalin this lol, you guys... people "ignore" it because like you, most gamers these days are from the DX11 generation (the majority) and they basically almost never played a videogame without these issues or in an early state (years 2013-2014), so most of these gamers think that the way videogames look these days is completely normal. Thats the big problem. The other problem is that some gamers dont play the "right" games to be able to notice these issues. Other problem is that if you want to "show" this problem, you cant do it through a youtube video or basically any compressed video format, because those problems will be masked and really hard to notice, if not impossible in some cases. So, even if someone shows a youtube video sayiing "look how bad it looks", another person will say "it looks fine to me". And so on. In the end, for one reason or another these problems have been growing over the years in a "stealthy" way lol. Sadly many people think these problems are just how videogames look these days.

Unfortunately for veteran games like me, i remember when videogames had great antialiasing, no flickering and no jagged shadows or lod problems. And im talking about the years 2000-2010. Videogames back then looked far better than today. You know, pathetic, isn it? well, fortunately for new gamers, they didnt experiment those days  and they dont need to be worry about the quality lost in videogames these days. And unfortunately for veteran games, they did and now they need to endure this nonsense. lol.

23 hours ago, tantalus said:

Again, thats because you didnt play games without these issues before 2013-2014 (more or less, the time these issues start becoming too noticeable), apparently. You will understand the difference. And if you did, then i dont get it. You just dont care about graphic quality on an AAA game or any videogame? then why you play "AAA" games? ?

I care about graphic quality that`s why i am in this thread. I understand the difference but with this issue for me games still look good but without this issue they looked better of course. That`s why i want to find a solution for this problem, but i don`t think that this problem is very big. I don`t like when people dramatize, overpaint and write that the games look like 'crap' with this issue. I play not only AAA games, but if we speak about AAA games which i play the main reason i do so - these AAA games are interesting, graphics are not the main reason why i play them. I remember 2015 when i had an office-PC(GT 630 card) and played GTA V on 1280x720 minimum settings 30-40fps and still enjoyed it.

So i hope now you get it?

58 minutes ago, BillWilliamson said:

I care about graphic quality that`s why i am in this thread. I understand the difference but with this issue for me games still look good but without this issue they looked better of course. That`s why i want to find a solution for this problem, but i don`t think that this problem is very big. I don`t like when people dramatize, overpaint and write that the games look like 'crap' with this issue. I play not only AAA games, but if we speak about AAA games which i play the main reason i do so - these AAA games are interesting, graphics are not the main reason why i play them. I remember 2015 when i had an office-PC(GT 630 card) and played GTA V on 1280x720 minimum settings 30-40fps and still enjoyed it.

So i hope now you get it?

Dramatize? see...  If you think this is not a serious issue... well, sorry but you dont care about graphic quality. Is really straight forward. If you think that seeing shimmering edges all over the place, flickering and low res shadows, lod problems, instead of a perfect antialiasing, perfect shadows and correct lod distances is better and is not important, i dont know what are you doing in this thread. And like you many people dont give so much importance to graphics, unless it is an AAA game. I dont know if you did born yesterday but AAA games are called that way for a reason. And thar reason is -> last generation graphics, with all that implies. Its as simply as that. And again, if you are able to play a game in 1280x720 at minimum settings (yeah pixel lover?), dude you dont care at all about graphics. You could be playing in the nintendo nes and you will be fine.... no need to worry about these problems.