Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Has anyone noticed after installing browsers like Firefox or Chrome blurry fonts in Windows, programs and browsers too?

I was installed Windows XP on my brother's PC and after installation of the Firefox I noticed blurred fonts.

Maybe font's were blurry before installation Firefox but I'm not 100% sure.

He uses no Anti-Aliasing method (I guess).

And picture is moving even when he is standing still...

4 hours ago, Strider890 said:

How Battlefield 3 look's good on this video: 

Don't you see flickering at 0:24

So guys,i've been thinking about buying other pc but i've also heard people still had this problem on the other pc.Can somobody who bough the other one tell me does he still have this problem.

A couple of months earlier i’ve bought a new MSI Stealth gaming laptop with RTX 2060 6GB on board. And first 2 months i really enjoyed the nice graphics without this issue, but few days ago it happened again on my new laptop. I tired about this sh...t.. It started since 2010, when i had video card gt9800 or something like this, i don’t remember exact, and after the reinstall OS from XP to 7 i’ve seen this issue for the first time. I had no play a lot of games, but often played in flight sim, FSX. And when it happened i couldn’t play this game anymore, because very annoying graphics and really unplayable for flight sim. In 2014 i’ve bought a new PC with GTX 770 and couple of weeks enjoyed the nice graphics. I remember in that year i played with my friends DayZ, and after purchasing a new PC it was a big difference, without this texture shimmering and LOD problems, i was really happy and thought problem never come back again. And i was depressed when noticed that DayZ from the game with nice stable graphics turned into the flickering garbage. I was crazy about this and few days later went to buy a new Radeon video card. But nothing changed... I stopped to play games, or played sometimes, trying to abstract and not notice all this. And now i’ve bought new PC and it happened again, in the 4th time. I dont know what to think about it, virus, conspiracy, bad hardware or something else. I really tired about this sh..t. Sry for my english. 

P.s: After reading previous pages it seems the issue started since DX11 release. In my case it’s absolutely match. In 2010 i upgraded os from Win XP to Win7.

Hello guys,would you be kind to look at My video on Youtube which I just uploaded,to see if this looks better,or is the problem less obvious,I used Nvidia Inspector to tweak some settings and it looks fairly good,except for the shadows which I can't solve in any way,the are pooping even on my character,and do some sort of dancing haha,just kiding but they are bad,but the aliasing is fairly good,I must also note that while Ambient Oclusion was on problem was way more obvious so that could also be conflicting with aliasing settings,by the way sorry for bad sound I was recording with Shadow Play and haven't configured sound,also the lag which you see in video does not exist in game,everything runs fluid and perfectly.

Here is the link to my Skyrim video so check it out guys and please tell me what do you think is it better in any way.

Also one more thing when I use DSR without any aliasing it is so crisp image and there is no problem and shadows get alot better,but thing is my GTX 1050 TI can't run it in 4k without laging :(

I can also upload video of Rome 2 Total War,Medieval 2 Total War,Age of Empire 2 Definitive Edition if you guys are interested just tell me,to see there that problem is also gone,Age of Empires actually looks perfect without any problem at all.

Also one more thing I just rolled back to one version older Nvidia Drivers and all games look even more better this new driver wasn't optimised at all it made things too blurry.

14 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

Please upload rome 2 benchmark in 1080 p

:)

Will do as soon as I can :D

To continue my story. The only computer on which this problem did not happen was an asus rog laptop with gtx 1050ti. I have been with this laptop for more than a year and everything was fine. I tried many games of GTA5, DayZ, Skyrim, KCD, Hitman’s etc. And everywhere there was great graphics.

I think the only way to pay the attention of developers to this problem is to upload many videos with artifacts on YouTube and name titles like “New RTX 2080 worst graphics ever” and show flickering textures and shadows on the video. Maybe then they will deal with this problem.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:00 PM, Dzenan1111 said:

I can also upload video of Rome 2 Total War,Medieval 2 Total War,Age of Empire 2 Definitive Edition if you guys are interested just tell me,to see there that problem is also gone,Age of Empires actually looks perfect without any problem at all.

Also one more thing I just rolled back to one version older Nvidia Drivers and all games look even more better this new driver wasn't optimised at all it made things too blurry.

How did you tweak the Total War games i was unable to acomplish that even with DSR.

25 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

How did you tweak the Total War games i was unable to acomplish that even with DSR.

Well basicly for every game I use same options in Nvidia Inspector Settings,only thing that you have to change and that is very important !!! is AntiAliasing Compatability,for different games you have different compatability bits,here are the links of sites that contain those compatability bits :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ekUZsK2YXgd5XjjH1M7QkHIQgKO_i4bHCUdPeAd6OCo/pub?output=html

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-compatibility-bits-master-thread-and-iq-guide.392715/

So use same settings as I used in my Skyrim video,only change Compatability bits,and tell me if it worked out,and also take a screenshot of your Nvidia Inspector Panel settings,and one more thing I forgot to say,if you put 4x aliasing for example in Nvidia Inspector than you also have to put 4x in game settings they have to match otherwise it won't work,and also multisampling aliasing has to match sparsegrid aliasing in Nvidia Inspector Setting this is very important,just see my video and You will understand,I hope I have helped You,if You need more info feel free to ask :)

Hey, after searching fixes i find this interesting solution: 

Said: 

"Same problem BUT here's what fixed this for me, may not work for you. I7 9700k Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti SLI 32GB DDR4 3200 1000watt Cooler Master PSU My PSU had enough main lines to plug in the 8-pin and 6-pin power for BOTH of my GPUs. My PSU also has expansion ports to insert power cables specifically for PCIe devices. Once I started using the ports specificied for PCI slots, the problem cleared right up. I assumed that I would be able to use lines out of the main batch of power cables because the pins matched, and the removable PCI expansion power cables were for use on boards that had a ton of PCI cards. You may not have the same options I do but it's something to consider. Make sure your PSU is not only supplying enough continuous watts, that it also can provide the type of power needed for PCIe devices."

This may make a lot of sense because my problem started since I updated to a GTX 1060

7 hours ago, Pupyds said:

Said: 

"Same problem BUT here's what fixed this for me, may not work for you. I7 9700k Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti SLI 32GB DDR4 3200 1000watt Cooler Master PSU My PSU had enough main lines to plug in the 8-pin and 6-pin power for BOTH of my GPUs. My PSU also has expansion ports to insert power cables specifically for PCIe devices. Once I started using the ports specificied for PCI slots, the problem cleared right up. I assumed that I would be able to use lines out of the main batch of power cables because the pins matched, and the removable PCI expansion power cables were for use on boards that had a ton of PCI cards. You may not have the same options I do but it's something to consider. Make sure your PSU is not only supplying enough continuous watts, that it also can provide the type of power needed for PCIe devices."

This may make a lot of sense because my problem started since I updated to a GTX 1060

Its worth investigating in that direction for sure.

So problem is in usage of the wrong ports of the PSU for PCI slots?

I will check my PSU cables where are they connected.I will report my results.

What is a "wrong cable" exactly? Everything I use (24pin, 8pin, CPU, SATA etc.) is properly connected. In fact, my PSU only has one 8pin PCI cable, that is powering my GPU.

I have same problem.

When i use AA i have no jaggy, when i don't i have jaggy.

If i look at extremely fine detail it can sometimes jaggy, if i don't look and play the game it don't happen.

If i run below my monitors native resolution i get bad jaggies.

I thought all of this was normal also, including from 1995 when i started gaming, this thread has showed me the light, we only now have a problem.

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

14 minutes ago, F77 said:

I have same problem.

When i use AA i have no jaggy, when i don't i have jaggy.

If i look at extremely fine detail it can sometimes jaggy, if i don't look and play the game it don't happen.

If i run below my monitors native resolution i get bad jaggies.

I thought all of this was normal also, including from 1995 when i started gaming, this thread has showed me the light, we only now have a problem.

If you don't use AA it is normal that u have jaggies...

On 1/5/2020 at 1:26 AM, Bearhugger said:

Please upload rome 2 benchmark in 1080 p

:)

Do not think that I forgot about Your request,I am currently uploading video to Youtube :)

21 hours ago, Pupyds said:

Said: 

Look at this all of you guys,watch this video till the end it is very important,see what happens when power is not ok,this is something similar to what You were trying to explain @Pupyds

24 minutes ago, Dzenan1111 said:

Do not think that I forgot about Your request,I am currently uploading video to Youtube :)

Okay @Bearhugger here is link to Rome 2 Total War video,I showed my in game settings in video and one more thing I am not using neither Nvidia Inspector or Nvidia Control Panel it is all in game settings,so tell me what do You think is this how this game is supposed to look ?

Link