Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

17 minutes ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

I have had this issue for about a year and at that time I could find no forum posts about it other than some from 2014.  The fact that this issue has suddenly come to such widespread attention would support the virus theory. Not to mention, the purpose of such a virus could be other than that of to "Make video games look a bit worse."  I had this issue occur after running Destiny 2 in 4k.  Perhaps the virus is using APIs in the background for crypto-mining, providing the motive of monetary gain.  The graphical downgrade could just be the way it presents itself to us. Anyone else use their cards to mine BTC or ETH at any time?

Well well, you are a bright mind. I didn't even have to spell it out for you. Congrats, you connected the dots for yourself and looks like you did read the hidden content i provided two posts ago. I'm NOT saying this is the issue but its something that is possible to accomplish. That's all im saying. Not saying that's what we are dealing with here but still something possible to accomplish. I'm quite impressed with your dot connecting abilities because i didn't think anybody would make that connection and i didn't even wanted to take it that far due to losing credibility, lol. That's why i just hinted at it. lol. I'm impressed.

24 minutes ago, Gatekeeper432 said:

Wow interesting. I have 5 electronics in total connected to the same power strip (PC included) and i too experienced this "USB device found" sound a few times by now.

The fan momentarily draws a lot of current while turning on, and this causes a voltage drop in the entire circuit. USB ports are especially sensitive to this. This is normal and thats why anything that has an electric motor should be connected to its own outlet.

1 hour ago, Gatekeeper432 said:

Well well, you are a bright mind. I didn't even have to spell it out for you. Congrats, you connected the dots for yourself and looks like you did read the hidden content i provided two posts ago. I'm NOT saying this is the issue but its something that is possible to accomplish. That's all im saying. Not saying that's what we are dealing with here but still something possible to accomplish.

Sorry M8, didnt see that :)

Does anyone elses computer run exceptionally loud?  My PSU fan is almost always on running 3D applications.

11 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

The fan momentarily draws a lot of current while turning on, and this causes a voltage drop in the entire circuit. USB ports are especially sensitive to this. This is normal and thats why anything that has an electric motor should be connected to its own outlet.

I didn't know that, thanks for enlightening me. I bow. Thanks.

2 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

I have had this issue for about a year and at that time I could find no forum posts about it other than some from 2014.  The fact that this issue has suddenly come to such widespread attention would support the virus theory. Not to mention, the purpose of such a virus could be other than that of to "Make video games look a bit worse."  I had this issue occur after running Destiny 2 in 4k.  Perhaps the virus is using APIs in the background for crypto-mining, providing the motive of monetary gain.  The graphical downgrade could just be the way it presents itself to us. Anyone else use their cards to mine BTC or ETH at any time?

Guys hold your horses. No virus can cause this specific issue of ours. We are just ignoring the obvious(Electricity). The symptoms we are having can't be caused by a virus or any software. That virus can't use my laptop graphics power to mine. My laptop don't even have a graphics card. How can any miner mine on it. Also this issue is happening on Consoles and phones. How can these miners mine on consoles and phones. 

Guys, seriously... No, seriously... What the f*uck? Sorry for the language, I'm in hysteria right now :(

Ground surfaces flickering everywhere when TXAA is on. If I choose FXAA, it gives extreme jagginess, feels like FXAA doesn't work at all, same as AA off. And I was mistaken saying that A Plague Tale: Innocence and Fade to Silence works well. They have this flickering too, it's just less visible because those games have darker environments. With NMS it happens almost everywhere, flickering ship, planets, buildings, tables, very visible because of lighter environments. Tested on a PC and laptop with integrated GPU, same flickering on both computers :(

Played NMS last summer, it worked like a charm. Now this... 

So, a full list of games with same flickering:

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Tom Clancy's The The Division 2

Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered

Total War: Three Kingdoms

No Man's Sky

A Plague Tale: Innocence

Fade to Silence

Destiny 2 (no flickering, just extreme jagginess)

Games which seem ok for now:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Warhammer: Chhaosbane

Battlefield 5

Frostpunk

Metro Exodus

I'm going to cry for a while, sorry guys :(

This is what all games look like for me.
At least here TAA is doing its best to fight the shimmering, but it just can't fix everything. At least it looks barely playable. 

5 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Guys hold your horses. No virus can cause this specific issue of ours. We are just ignoring the obvious(Electricity). The symptoms we are having can't be caused by a virus or any software. That virus can't use my laptop graphics power to mine. My laptop don't even have a graphics card. How can any miner mine on it. Also this issue is happening on Consoles and phones. How can these miners mine on consoles and phones. 

Incorrect every PC has a GPU of sorts even if its just an IGPU basically your Intel graphics card, they arent too be ingnored, to be honest a virus would have been noticed by now i am relativ sure about this, i wonder though what it really is because power isnt the definitive awnser too much unclearity there like those reason for example:

- why cant we find any damages on the PCs

- why do devices on accu still have it (not possible according to the electrician i talked too)

- why cant people find anything wrong with your wiring even in new buidings this stuff happens how is that possible?

- hole towns have it with no improvement when you move to different town how?

Hello! My God. I was going crazy. I'm glad the issue is not just in my head. Yes, I also have the same problem.

I can be yet another to confirm this issue. Here's a couple of videos of my own, which resonate with the experiences of others. For me, games it is most noticeable on are ETS2/ATS and GTA V. It also appears on other games but is much more minor.

Evidence example  1 - driving in ETS2 - note the flickering road lines, popping textures in the distance, flickering of the vegetation and shadows. Also note the shimmering on the frame of the oil tanker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soSgavui6Qg

Evidence example 2 - driving in ATS - note the jittery windows and railings at the Peterbilt factory to the right, and the shimmering in general - especially the fences and street lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6E-1Wo5Kog

Evidence example 3 - ATS menu- as the camera rotates, note the jittery chrome parts of the truck with the motion, poor aliasing on the top of the truck during the first shot, as well as the shimmering crates in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHNk3wjYo-8

Some context - about three months ago I bought new PC on a moderate budget, for working, studying, and of course, some amount of gaming.

I had it professionally built to guarantee quality as I have only a small amount of experience building PCs and wanted to be sure I didn't break anything. (I was also busy working - I happened to find a brilliant offer for a set piece build on Overclockers UK that worked out cheaper than buying individual components and building it myself anyway).

(Core specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse

Gigabyte Aurous Elite B450)

The PC has run well except for a period of bluescreens which I am almost certain were primarily caused by the cheap RAM not able to run at its advertised speeds, as disabling the XMP profile has stabilised the system.

I since bought a Gigabyte network card/Bluetooth and installed in into the system.

Initially games like GTA 5 worked fantastic on the system, silky smooth 80-100FPS.

I started to play a lot of Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator and The Division 2, and again the graphics were superb.

One day, I noticed an annoying shimmering and excessive aliasing while playing ETS2, I had been using a Graphics mod for a while and disabled the said mod and reinstalled the game. But the issue persisted. Initially, ramping up the graphics settings and scaling would ease the issue, but I was having to to adjust higher and higher - I then started messing with the Aliasing, Morphological Filtering and  Tessellation  in the Radeon control panel.

It seems to vary a bit from day to day and can be subtle or exaggerated, but the general trend is that it is getting worse. It matches the videos others have posted and tends to affect shadows and reflections during motion, and the effect is worse on objects further away. The whole screen looks like it's shimmering with noise, as well as objects having much more jagged edges etc.

The issue persisted and seems to be worsening with time. I have twice completely removed the Driver, both with DDU and AMD's Cleanup Utility - and the problem persists.

Interestingly, when using a map mod on ETS2 the issue is much more pronounced, even if driving in a vanilla area.

I have also noticed that even in games that render much better, like The Division 2, which before was immune to the problem, the exceptionally poor aliasing has become noticeable.

Like many here, I thought at first, I was going mad or that it was all in my head. But as it has become increasingly pronounced, and as I have seen so many people reporting the same issue - I'm convinced this is something strange.

I've trawled though tons of forums and comments sections about this issue. The only time someone said they resolved it was when they changed the PSU. It seems that if the issue can be 'caught' early enough, some who are lucky are able to resolve the issue. But it very much seems that for the most part, once it is triggered by some unknown event - that is it. What on earth is going on?

A couple of thoughts I had about potential causes:

- My bad RAM when using XMP settings causing system instability (and possibly power surging during crashes?)

- PSU related issues - my PSU is a what we'd call in the UK a 'bog standard' one. It's a Kolink Bronze - 80Plus Bronze rated for 650 watts.

- Interference caused by the network card I installed? It's an exceedingly fast card (bought for Wif since as I work nowhere near an ethernet port) -the antenna sits atop the case? But this shouldn't seriously destabilise a system?

- Static disturbance of the circuitry during installation of the Network Card/gently cleaning out the PC's dust with a microfibre cloth/alcohol wipes?

- The GPU running too hot causing some sort of corruption? The Vega 56 is a hot and power thirsty card, but the Sapphire Pulse version has two beefed up cooling fans and the mother of all heatsinks. I've been monitoring temps closely and even the hotspot is never running above 100C. Average for the card has been 60-80 during intense sessions, bearing in mind I'm using a budget case with only two system fans, I thought these temps weren't too bad.

- Physical disturbance of the PC during transit (when it was sent out/shipped)? But the PC was well packaged and worked fine initially. I've always moved it very gently.

I'm at my wits end. I spent nearly £1000 on the core machine, buying the Vega 56 to future proof myself for a few years (I'm not into the hyper intensive AAA games that are on the horizon but wanted to catch up on games I've never had the chance to play as well as play some of the newer games) - fully intending to upgrade the case, PSU, RAM etc. to more respectable parts gradually through time.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:24 PM, Asasinas said:

-snip-

Yea i know i even posted a video of NMS on reddit people called me crazy and said this is normal when i turn on AA its gone....

On 6/17/2019 at 10:00 PM, Matt F said:

-snip-

Another Person.... welcome i guess.

We are now at a point of new reports daily, some companies need to notice this and do something or atleast a statement.

Thanks mate, yes, this is completely bizarre. As my PC and all the parts are still under warranty I'm going to address this with the PC store directly. The shop is well known in the UK, has lucrative deals and connections with the hardware manufactures. I'll inform you guys of any developments.

Knowing my luck when they plug it in on there end there will no problem haha.

6 minutes ago, Matt F said:

Thanks mate, yes, this is completely bizarre. As my PC and all the parts are still under warranty I'm going to address this with the PC store directly. The shop is well known in the UK, has lucrative deals and connections with the hardware manufactures. I'll inform you guys of any developments.

Knowing my luck when they plug it in on there end there will no problem haha.

Well in my case they told me its a game issue despite that i said them its on all games. :P

I think they just didnt know what it is themselfs, basically i would have had to pay them to check all the parts.

1 hour ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Incorrect every PC has a GPU of sorts even if its just an IGPU basically your Intel graphics card, they arent too be ingnored, to be honest a virus would have been noticed by now i am relativ sure about this, i wonder though what it really is because power isnt the definitive awnser too much unclearity there like those reason for example:

- why cant we find any damages on the PCs

- why do devices on accu still have it (not possible according to the electrician i talked too)

- why cant people find anything wrong with your wiring even in new buidings this stuff happens how is that possible?

- hole towns have it with no improvement when you move to different town how?

My bad i meant my laptop does not have a powerful gpu that can be utilised by the miner.

-I don't get how your question that nobody has found damage on PC disprove power being the cause. No technician found a hardware cause yet because they look for obvious issues. They usually fix damaged components not components that change their characteristics. Do you know that electronic components(capacitors, inductors etc) have certain characteristics? Obviously they have never seen such an issue before so how can they figure it out. If it was that simple why do you think we are in this mess?

-Devices you have never connected to the local grid. But you do connect them to charge them and keep them in the same environment. Even if we exclude electricity and try to figure out issues in software. How can we do that because as you have said in your previous post that it's affecting PS4 and smartphones. These things don't run on windows. The proper way to look at it is that they have something in common. It's either Electricity or something in the environment.

-Finding issues in wiring. Maybe it's not that simple. You should read my previous posts.

-Can't say for sure if whole town has it. But you should read my post where i shared my experience after power company replaced the transformer.

electricity damages would be noticable even by simple diagnostics software

A PC can't even tell you proper voltages that's why experts recommend DMM to measure voltage properly. How can you expect a PC to figure out which component is under stress or has altered their characteristics.

6 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

My bad i meant my laptop does not have a powerful gpu that can be utilised by the miner.

-I don't get how your question that nobody has found damage on PC disprove power being the cause. No technician found a hardware cause yet because they look for obvious issues. They usually fix damaged components not components that change their characteristics. Do you know that electronic components(capacitors, inductors etc) have certain characteristics? Obviously they have never seen such an issue before so how can they figure it out. If it was that simple why do you think we are in this mess?

-Devices you have never connected to the local grid. But you do connect them to charge them. Even if we exclude electricity and try to figure out issues in software. How can we do that because as you have said in your previous post that it's affecting PS4 and smartphones. These things don't run on windows. The proper way to look at it is that they have something in common. It's either Electricity or something in the environment.

-Finding issues in wiring. Maybe it's not that simple. You should read my previous posts.

-Can't say for sure if whole town has it. But you should read my post where i shared my experience after power company replaced the transformer.

A PC can't even tell you proper voltages that's why experts recommend DMM to measure voltage properly. How can you expect a PC to figure out which component is under stress or has altered their characteristics.

Trust me i want an explanation as much as we all but how would a electricity issue effecting a hole town go unnoticed?

I checked the PCs at my workplace and asked friends that live here aswell, its just such a weird problem and electricity is ofcourse the most prominent theorie but we dont know enough to say it with such certainty as you do.

If the problem is solved, maybe someone has solved it by replacing the power supply

but I don't want to waste money either

Tried my video card in middle and bottom PCIE slots just to rule out the possibility that there are problems with PCIE slots. Sadly, there is no difference in which slot video card is. Games still show flickering and shimmering.

17 hours ago, Matt F said:

Like many here, I thought at first, I was going mad or that it was all in my head. But as it has become increasingly pronounced, and as I have seen so many people reporting the same issue - I'm convinced this is something strange.

Welcome and yes something truly strange and bizarre is going on. And as i've mentioned countless times before, whether people can handle this truth or not, whatever it is, it is spreading and gaining momentum. Virus or electricity or whatever, i don't know but it is indeed spreading.

Guys hold your horses. No virus can cause this specific issue of ours.

Again, that's just not true, there is no possible way you can know this for sure. Why wouldn't it be possible? Of course it is. In this regard i think to know more than you. It is highly unlikely but not entirely impossible as you falsely claim. In general, to dismiss or reject something prematurely without having a full understanding of how it could be virus related is just not very wise. With all due respect brother, im pretty sure your knowledge about viruses is very limited, otherwise you wouldn't entirely rule it out to begin with. At this point its just your opinion. Again im NOT saying it is a virus but to rule it out a 100% is just not very wise brother while at the same time i lean more towards the electricity theory as well but we just can't rule it out entirely, that would be based on ignorance and not a very wise move. That's all im saying and yes i hear you, after your transformer got replaced, it got better for you, i hear you brother, and bearhugger fixed it by plugging it into another outlet, i hear you but still what you say that it wouldn't even be possible to begin with for a virus to cause this is just not true.

Besides, did bearhugger fix it permanently? Or was it just temporarily? Did he ever report back? If he fixed it permanently by plugging his PC into an outlet in another room, that would be certainly in favor of the electricity theory. All im saying is we shouldn't rule out things prematurely unless we have definite / absolute evidence which we do not have for the virus theory.

Also, im not entirely sure, could be a placebo but i think it just got a little bit worse for me on my laptop. So bizarre.

1 hour ago, Strider890 said:

FIX FOR OUR PROBLEM!

giphy.gif

well you can always move a few kilometers away and buy new hardware from scratch while leaving your old gear behind

32 minutes ago, KaeptnKnoppers said:

well you can always move a few kilometers away and buy new hardware from scratch while leaving your old gear behind

No I can't.

4 hours ago, KaeptnKnoppers said:

If I would be a millionaire I'm sure I would do just that instead of wasting months of time to find the cause of the issue. Sadly, I'm just a mortal with quite low salary. So I just can't do that.

18 hours ago, can0753 said:

If the problem is solved, maybe someone has solved it by replacing the power supply

but I don't want to waste money either

I bought 2 nww ones, no dice for me.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, Strider890 said:

Who told you that?Did you changed component by component to see what is damaged?Im searching for service where they have components similar to mine PC to change component by component to see what component is in my PC damaged or they are not damaged at all.

If the my PC isnt damaged at all then problem is in the software or it is some kind of virus.

It can't be that every place (except my house) where PC was to have eletricity problem!!!

Story about technicians is that I was in the service in my city the guy who works there said to me that Im one in milion with this problem and he don't know what causes this problem but for him my PC components are "not damaged".Others service owners/technician either they don't know to say about this problem, they think this is normal and my PC components are not damaged at all or they think the problem can be motherboard, RAM or GPU.

For the eletricity, hardware and sofware/virus issues I don't have proofs so for me all this mentioned possibile causes are stil open.

P.S Better for me is this problem caused by software/virus not by hardware or eletricity because I don't want to spend my money on the PC.I have other things to do in my life.

I will purchase and test and return the power supply

good idea demi

Hi guys,

I see more and more people are starting to see this crap in games. I can confirm, that I tested few more PCs at work and also Xbox One consoles and its becoming more and more prevalent. 

I understand, that people seem to consider the Electricity as the common denominator for this issue, but for me, it simply does not make sense.

I am not an expert of course, but I believe, that something wrong in the grid, or just unstable current would cause much more severe artefacts in games, if not straight crashes (like when you overclock/underclock your CPU too much) than such delicate shimmer and graining on AA and shadows, plus the whole texture/shadow popping. Another thing, as I tried different PCs on different power outlets at home and work (I work in sort of IT company, so they have to have good power structure here), the results are always exactly the same, not worse there, better elsewhere. This would mean, that at least half of the Warsaw`s power grid is affected. 
Also people tried changing PSUs, using power stabilizers etc, seemingly to no avail. 

What baffles me, is that its happening on a very specific graphical rendering tasks, like the edges of items (aliasing), reflections (shimmering, grainy look), shadows/textures popping (slow draw calls, memory loads)....as if some specific parts of GPU degraded and dont perform properly anymore.

I dont wanna throw in more theories as to what can be the cause, like EMI, Chemtrails, 5G mobile network, using Faraday`s cage to shield your PC case, some mining virus, that lives and hides deep in BIOS....

It would for sure be for the best, to create a database, with some baseline games, to show exactly our symptoms and compare our compononents, location, system we use.
based on this, we could derive the most possible cause and most importantly, try showing it to major players like AMD, Intel, Nvidia or some enthusiasts, like LTT group or so...

If anyone has the skills to make some online DB to be populated like that, I will gladly share all my info there... There is no point of making this thread longer and longer, unless someone will post a real solution :D 

4 hours ago, Kladmaster said:

Hi guys,

I see more and more people are starting to see this crap in games. I can confirm, that I tested few more PCs at work and also Xbox One consoles and its becoming more and more prevalent. 

I understand, that people seem to consider the Electricity as the common denominator for this issue, but for me, it simply does not make sense.

I am not an expert of course, but I believe, that something wrong in the grid, or just unstable current would cause much more severe artefacts in games, if not straight crashes (like when you overclock/underclock your CPU too much) than such delicate shimmer and graining on AA and shadows, plus the whole texture/shadow popping. Another thing, as I tried different PCs on different power outlets at home and work (I work in sort of IT company, so they have to have good power structure here), the results are always exactly the same, not worse there, better elsewhere. This would mean, that at least half of the Warsaw`s power grid is affected. 
Also people tried changing PSUs, using power stabilizers etc, seemingly to no avail. 

What baffles me, is that its happening on a very specific graphical rendering tasks, like the edges of items (aliasing), reflections (shimmering, grainy look), shadows/textures popping (slow draw calls, memory loads)....as if some specific parts of GPU degraded and dont perform properly anymore.

I dont wanna throw in more theories as to what can be the cause, like EMI, Chemtrails, 5G mobile network, using Faraday`s cage to shield your PC case, some mining virus, that lives and hides deep in BIOS....

It would for sure be for the best, to create a database, with some baseline games, to show exactly our symptoms and compare our compononents, location, system we use.
based on this, we could derive the most possible cause and most importantly, try showing it to major players like AMD, Intel, Nvidia or some enthusiasts, like LTT group or so...

If anyone has the skills to make some online DB to be populated like that, I will gladly share all my info there... There is no point of making this thread longer and longer, unless someone will post a real solution :D 

Believe me no one will be able to help us except Power Quality Experts/Engineers. These guys have advance equipment with experience. What have we achieved for 7 years or so finding issue in software? If we used this amount of time finding issues in Electricity. Believe me we must have found something by now.

Your idea of making a database/list is a good one but making it for software experts so they can find what's odd might not help us. Yeah make this list/database but this time hire Power Quality Experts/Engineers/Hardware Engineers. We will be wasting 7 more years finding issues in software, reinstalling windows/drivers, flashing bios etc. I am not against the idea of making database. Maybe we will get Nvidia, AMD attention somehow with this database because they must have all the engineers/experts that we need right now.

On 6/18/2019 at 1:23 PM, Strider890 said:

P.S Better for me is this problem caused by software/virus not by hardware or eletricity because I don't want to spend my money on the PC.I have other things to do in my life.

We all want it to be as simple as a software issue. Even i want it to be a software issue. I know we are used to finding and fixing issues in software. In the past I was able to fix most issues by finding a solution on the internet. Most of the time software is the cause. But sadly this time it's not. Never have i thought that i would ever be in this situation. But i read how people are living with this issue trying to ignore it for years now. I feel their pain. It's only 8 months for me and i haven't even played a single game since i got this issue after moving to this house.