Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Hello all. At first I wanted to apologize for my English but I use a tranzator.

I also have a problem with textures, shadows and drawing range. After changing the GTX 1050TI card into GTX 1070TI everything started. Later I exchanged GTX 1070ti because I thought it was the card's fault but nothing like that. I replaced the power supply, motherboard and frame memory. All for nothing. I have i7 6700k, asus prime-a z270, 16GB RAM 3200Mhz and RX Vega 56. I am very sorry because I have saved a long time for my dream game equipment.

I care about developing this problem. I noticed that on my PS4 also the range of drawing is smaller since the problems on the PC. It's possible that my electrical wiring causes it. Difficult case. If there is anything I can do, please help. I am sorry if there were already answers in the subject but the transformer does not allow me to understand everything. Regards to everyone :)

@Meeseeks No I have not noticed such issues outside of games, or in boot up. Can you perhaps send me some pictures on how it is supposed to look like ? 

I don't have such a good camera that can capture it and also lately the intensity of it is reduced for me. But people have presented this issue before in this forum better than me. Its some kind of image distortion/ compression artifact like symptom.

So, how are you guys?

I've tried Total War: Three Kingdoms and it has identical flickering on objects just like Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and The Division 2. Previous Total War games doesn't have TAA (only FXAA and MSAA), so no problem there. It seems this happens only when TAA is enabled. So, in my case, this must be related to AA (since Odyssey and D2 also uses TAA I believe).

I also played A Plague Tale: Innocence. This game works perfect. And looks stunning. Probably the best looking game of this year. Less known, but quite a fun survival game Fade to Silence also looks ok.

Interesting. TAA is the only thing that helps for me. Covers up most of the shimmering. DOOM has like 10 different AA options and TSSAA is the only one that does anything for me.

Yes, only two things, that make my games Look decent, are either some kind of temporal aa or 4k resolution (nativ or dsr). If i would have to choose, i would take Temporal aa, because its giving better image quality than 4k resolution, (probably because it handles shimmering better) which actually is pretty sad. Best case is a combination of both, but obviously while looking absolutely amazing, its very demanding.

Same for me but with heavy performance hit and it does not fix all problems/symptoms of case 2 it just decrease/remove the shimmering. It's a tweak for case 2 but not a proper fix/solution.  With TAA we are pushing our GPU harder to fix what's not supposed to be there in the first place. 

If we (people with case 2) wanna find a proper fix/solution. There is no other possibility except Electricity or EMI.

I've uploaded Total War: Three Kingdoms video here (youtube decreases quality greatly). Available for 30 days:

https://ufile.io/z0tihd57

I also uploaded to youtube, but it's much much harder to see the flickering.

What I do in a video, first I show the flickering at bodies, grass and trees. Then I disable AA, which results no flickering. Then I enable FXAA which also makes no flickering. Then I re-enable TAA and the flickering goes back.

The good thing is, Three Kingdoms offers FXAA, so I can avoid both the flickering (happens on TAA) and jaggies (appears if AA disabled). The bad thing is, AC Odyssey and Division 2 only have TAA as option, so I have to play with AA enabled (and have flickering) or no AA at all (jaggies everywhere).

Forgive my bad English. Finally i find this place and happy to know it's not just me. I have the same problem.

I'm from China. Two yaers ago, i found the problem and tried to solve it, but didn't work. :(

My laptop platform(Clevo P177ms-a):i7-4710MQ、GTX 980m、2*8 ddr3l

I can provide more my details and experiences like "just TAA work correctly" and so on.. but you guys already know these.

I just wanna recommend a game which has the obvious problem:Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet(even almost all games have the problem)

Maybe it's another best example.(sry, i can't provide the screenshoot...so tired to download and try it again)

I have read all the replies in this forum...It's so depressed...although i'm not able to solve it, i'll still follow.. 

Good luck guys, really hope there is one day that we can stay away from it...

Since I tried everything, the next step probably would be to get good UPS and then change all the parts in the pc one by one. But even then there are no guarantees that it will fix my problems. 

Thats amazing! It would mean the problem really was in the PSU. But how come so many people replaced their PSU and it didn't help? Weird. 

PS

I still haven't sent my PC to service, I've been really busy the last few weeks and I will only get busier. I was planning on catching up with gaming during April and May but obviously that didn't happen :(

This is very much possible.

That's also the reason that my friend's GPU worked fine on my PC.

It had less power pins. So the contact was different...

23 hours ago, Strider890 said:

I got response from the guy who owns service where i sent PC.He says problem was in the bad port on the PSU for GPU.He says the bad port on the PSU caused for him the pop out the power fuse three times because the bad port caused some kind of power short circuit.He plugged the cable that goes from the PSU to GPU in the different port and the quality of desktop, programs, browsers looks crisp without blurriness.I'm waiting his gameplay of GTA 5 to see if the problem in games is solved too.

You should go there and check for yourself if it got fixed or not and if it got fixed then how did they fix it. If you go there and see for yourself then you won't have any doubt.

Keep in mind we need to find out the main cause that caused this issue to appear. Your PC might get fixed or might not. But if it get fixed then plugging it back in the same power source(your house/city) where it got damaged won't be a good idea. So our priority should be to figure out what specific issue in electricity caused it to malfunction in the first place. If we figure that out then applying solutions will be easy.

On 5/27/2019 at 4:07 PM, Strider890 said:

I got response from the guy who owns service where i sent PC.He says problem was in the bad port on the PSU for GPU.He says the bad port on the PSU caused for him the pop out the power fuse three times because the bad port caused some kind of power short circuit.He plugged the cable that goes from the PSU to GPU in the different port and the quality of desktop, programs, browsers looks crisp without blurriness.I'm waiting his gameplay of GTA 5 to see if the problem in games is solved too.

Well then how am I supposed to fix it,I have gtx 1050 ti and I don't have any cables that goes from PSU to  GPU,or any ports,my graphic card draws power from motherboard through pci slot,also my psu is 250W and it only has one cable that goes to motherboard.

Guys today I have put apart my PSU,it was really dirty,I never saw PC part that dirty inside,so I cleaned it pretty well,unscrewed everything I could and cleaned it in alcohol,also cleaned my PSU to Motherboard connector with alcohol,because my PSU has only one cable and it is connected to motherboard,and maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me,but alot of aliasing from game is gone,image looks much more crisp and cleaner now,just sharing what I expirienced,doesn't mean I am right or anything.

18 hours ago, Dzenan2244 said:

Guys today I have put apart my PSU,it was really dirty,I never saw PC part that dirty inside,so I cleaned it pretty well,unscrewed everything I could and cleaned it in alcohol,also cleaned my PSU to Motherboard connector with alcohol,because my PSU has only one cable and it is connected to motherboard,and maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me,but alot of aliasing from game is gone,image looks much more crisp and cleaner now,just sharing what I expirienced,doesn't mean I am right or anything.

Although it's a good practice to keep PC clean. When i first experienced this issue I disassembled my PSU and it was clean. As my PC casing has a filter over PSU so there was no dust. The actual cause is not dust, it's Electricity. For me the issue started right after moving to this house. People have even bought brand new PC, still they got this issue. 

I have tried countless different PSU’s, GPU’s as well as CPU’s and nothing has changed,  numerous new builds with all new parts,  even 6 different monitors and a few different TV’s,  no difference.  You must be having issues unrelated to mine or others.  This idea that it’s the PSU is complete BS!  The reason I know for a FACT that none of the components in our PC’s are faulty is because of all the new builds I’ve done over the past 2 years have given me the same shitty results,  But the one thing that proves it’s not components or anything else in our PCs is the fact that when I bought a pre built PC from CyberPower a while back to test,  fresh out the box gave me the same old shitty problems.  This is NOT some simple fix or we wouldn’t be here still wondering wtf is going on....

2 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Although it's a good practice to keep PC clean. When i first experienced this issue I disassembled my PSU and it was clean. As my PC casing has a filter over PSU so there was no dust. The actual cause is not dust, it's Electricity. For me the issue started right after moving to this house. People have even bought brand new PC, still they got this issue. 

Well I said I have cleaned connector of PSU to Motherboard with alcohol,so maybe that helped a bit,I don't know.

5 hours ago, Strider890 said:

I have bad and good news.The problem with quality of the desktop etc is "solved"  but the this shit with games is not solved.

This guy where my PC was said that all my components from PC are good they are not damaged.
So if he did't lie about that my GPU or PSU (even he is not sure it was a GPU or PSU) caused the pop out of the fuses e.g the short circuit and if the GTA5 at his place was without this fucking ugly problem the cause of this is in electricity. 

I've had the same problem for 2 months. 

MSI H110M-PRO VD
Intel Pentium G4560
8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz CRUCIAL
ASUS RX570 ROG STRIX 4GB GDDR5 OC 256Bit AMD Radeon DX12 Ekran Kartı
ASUS VX229H 2XHDMİ
POWER BOOST G1009B
DARK RGB LED KİT
500W FSP %85 PSU 12V 456W
240GB TOSHİBA TR200 SSD
WD BLUE 1TB 7200

Hi everyone, yea another person with the same issue.... we get quite many recently dont know if you noticed but i monitored this and a few other threads well anyway, i made a reddit thread that sort of collects all the stuff i gathered from different sources about this feel free to take a look at it. :P

My goal with this is to spread the news, that way we get real experts on board maybe even staff from companys like Nvidia or AMD, hope all of you will help me with this effort.

1 hour ago, Strider890 said:

Sorun eletricity, donanım veya yazılım değildir. Asıl sorun, başımızın ve gözümüzün sorunu! ???

I want to cry, I'il throw the computer in the trash

7 hours ago, Strider890 said:

The problem is not eletricity, hardware nor the software.The fun fact the problem is in our heads and eyes! ???

You mean other people don`t see this graphic problems?

1 hour ago, BillWilliamson said:

You mean other people don`t see this graphic problems?

Many people told me that this is normal and that I am overreacting...

15 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

In may cases it IS normal.  MSAA flat out does not work in some game engines and consoles have to run lower graphical detail to start with.

In the game engines where MSAA does not work, it may "work" inside specific areas or view ranges but not others.  This is due to how some games draw the scene.  Some games use completely different buffers for different distances/LOD levels, and these buffers do not get any benefits from MSAA.  On top of that MSAA can cause corruption of the buffers resulting in some visual glitches.

The only methods that properly function on these games are FXAA/TAA/SSAA, because they are an output stage filter in most cases where MSAA operates in the middle of the rendering process.

Output stage AA work like this... setup polygons -> draw textures -> do shader effects -> do AA.

MSAA works like this... setup polygons -> save edge data -> draw textures -> do AA based on edge data -> do shader effects.

With MSAA you also do not get ANY extra texture filtering, only polygon edge filtering.  This is why transparent textures look like butt with MSAA on and no additional advanced texture filtering.

11 minutes ago, DaoNayt said:

This people don`t play games very much time, am i right? Because for example i remember that GTA V never looked very nice but i exactly remember that it didn`t look so bad like now. I remember that Saints Row 3 with MSSAx8 FULL HD never looked so bad. I spent hundreds of hours in these games and i can tell exactly that this is some problem that really exists. We are not crazy.