Norway's new goverment aims at 100Mbit/s across the country

WickedTurtle

The new goverment in norway is aiming at getting 100Mbit/s all over the country.

In a 75 page document we could collect 1 page of IT releated politics. keypoints are as follows

• the goverment want to secure highspeed broadband, with a target of 100 Mbit/s
  • the goverment wants to have a national digging regulation for broadband

then there is just about school and heatlhcare

acording to the national statisctic guys in norway the  average speed in norway is 16,9 Mbit/s, and 54% of the private plans have a speed of 8 Mbit/s

the goverment have put away 100 billion NOK (16712900000 USD) for the interface upgrade

reference: http://www.hardware.no/artikler/norges-nye-regjering-lover-deg-superbredband/152717

I now want to live in Norway...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Hey can us Americans borrow some oil plox? Thnx.

Seriously though I wish our government had nothing to worry about so this is what they decide on. Not healthcare plans that should have been stable since this country was born.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

So the US government shuts down while Norway starts a plan to have 100mbits across the country seems fair  :lol:

So the US government shuts down while Norway starts a plan to have 100mbits across the country seems fair  :lol:

Its better they do nothing than everything wrong. :blink:

I honestly want to live in Norway now. How do you get job there :,0

I don't know, but a prisoner in Norway leads a better life than someone poor in the USA..oh how this says a lot about their country.

Can you put commas or at least separate your USD price listing every 3 numbers? Ain't nobody got time to figure out what that number is

Praise Duarte!

Damn this makes me want to mov.. oh wait :)

*fills boxes and baggage of stuff and buys plane ticket* 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Can you put commas or at least separate your USD price listing every 3 numbers? Ain't nobody got time to figure out what that number is

16,712,900,000 . . . 16.7 billion US $.  If only the US would spend the money to give everyone at least a 1 solid MB. But ISP's won't allow that.

I don't know, but a prisoner in Norway leads a better life than someone poor in the USA..oh how this says a lot about their country.

Source for that? Because I'd true I'm flying to Norway and vandalizing a lot of stuff

http://goo.gl/M0FVKT is one article of half a dozen or more I think. People treated like people and adults.

am i a horrible human being for considering to commit a capital crime in norway just to live a better life?

time to break some windows.

am i a horrible human being for considering to commit a capital crime in norway just to live a better life?

time to break some windows.

Kinda sad how criminals in one country are treated nicer than the "free" people of another, isn't it?

Kinda sad how criminals in one country are treated nicer than the "free" people of another, isn't it?

pretty damned.

in the u.s.a there is no real support towards providing a job that you can live off of. minimum wage full time doesn't even put you at poverty level. and to be able to support a wife you need to make at least 30k a year. and anyone in that situation usually cannot afford to get the schooling required for the jobs.

yay now australia can be behind another country lol soon africa will have better internet than us thanks to malcom dog face and tony abbott

the last great country on earth everything i hear about Norway is positive

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?