Today I Messed Up (funny story)

Tocsin_786

I work at a computer/cellphone repair shop. I have a wonderful regular who brought in her sister and her sisters two daughters to get a few phones setup and repaired before they go to Ecuador (her sister lives there). I look a little Hispanic and I am used to customers coming in and start speaking in Spanish to me before I awkwardly tell them that i cant speak more than 7th grade Spanish. I told this beautiful girl who can thankfully speak both English and Spanish to create an apple account for her mother. During this entire fiasco of an entire hour worth of stupid Apple BS, she kept going back and forth socializing with her family and coming to me for the account creation walk through. As I got fed up from requesting my "regular" to call her over every time I needed information I tried to ask her for her name. To impress her, I wanted to say it in Spanish "como te llamas?" which means, what is you're name? But instead of that, As me and her are within "kissing distance" of each other, as she is typing on the iPhone, I say "Te Llamo?", It sounds like "Te Amo" (which means, I love you" and all I think im asking for is her name.

When I say it the first time she giggles a few times but continues to create the account because she knew I didn't speak Spanish for the life of me. A few minutes later the entire family starts laughing profusely while I finalize the account. Later on in the day I ask my boss how to say "what is your name?" and he says what I was trying to say "como te llamas? Then I ask him why she was acting all weird about it because she never gave me her name. My boss asks me what I said to her, and I told him "Te Amo" which at the time I thought meant, "your name?". He starts laughing his ass off and tells me that I confessed my love to the girl instead of asking for her name. Now I cant stop thinking about her and how this situation could have gone any worse :P 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

27 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

How to get a date 101.

How to skip steps 1 -  6 and go Stright to step 9 on "How to get a date 101".

FTFY

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

3 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

How to skip steps 1 -  6 and go Stright to step 9 on "How to get a date 101".

FTFY

Was she flattered yes or no?

ASU

She giggled the first time and gave me a look. But i asked her twice thinking she didn't understand what I was asking her. Second time she stayed quiet and just focused on the phone. Picture a crazy person saying ILY randomly to a girl. Sure first time its funny, second time not so much. Then a few minutes later everyone started laughing which i didnt realize was directed towards me. 

So... Did you get her number? ;) 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

@Real_PhillBert @Hackentosher

For some reason the replies are broken. 

When I told her yesterday she was flattered the first time, but like a fuckin moron I kept repeating it because i was wondering why she isnt giving me her name. Her facial expressions changed and she looked like she wasnt having a fun time like 5 seconds ago. I didnt get her number and she also came into the store today. Sadly she probably thinks im a creep and just sat in the waiting area on the phone without any eye contact or anything. I guess I scared her off. 

15 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

When I told her yesterday she was flattered the first time, but like a fuckin moron I kept repeating it because i was wondering why she isnt giving me her name. Her facial expressions changed and she looked like she wasnt having a fun time like 5 seconds ago. I didnt get her number and she also came into the store today. Sadly she probably thinks im a creep and just sat in the waiting area on the phone without any eye contact or anything. I guess I scared her off. 

God damn it, you had one job. Just one. 

ASU

26 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

God damn it, you had one job. Just one. 

This is not over! she leaves on the 20th of next month. I will make things right for the sake of the forum!

14 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

This is not over! she leaves on the 20th of next month. I will make things right for the sake of the forum!

EVERYBODY NOW! 

ASK HER OUT, ASK HER OUT, ASK HER OUT... 

ASU

1 hour ago, Tocsin_786 said:

Well you can't win then all haha. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Well you can't win then all haha. 

The only upside to this is that I started brushing up on my spanish. So now I can impress many more women who come into my store. This is going to be such an exciting time for me! hopefully I dont get any restraining orders; wish me luck.

At least you weren't drunk (like I was when I met my ex-fiance)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Question... How old are you compared to the girl?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

8 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

If she comes back you could just explain what happened, you could both laugh from that and then you are back in the game.

On 7/28/2016 at 1:57 AM, Tocsin_786 said:

I work at a computer/cellphone repair shop. I have a wonderful regular who brought in her sister and her sisters two daughters to get a few phones setup and repaired before they go to Ecuador (her sister lives there). I look a little Hispanic and I am used to customers coming in and start speaking in Spanish to me before I awkwardly tell them that i cant speak more than 7th grade Spanish. I told this beautiful girl who can thankfully speak both English and Spanish to create an apple account for her mother. During this entire fiasco of an entire hour worth of stupid Apple BS, she kept going back and forth socializing with her family and coming to me for the account creation walk through. As I got fed up from requesting my "regular" to call her over every time I needed information I tried to ask her for her name. To impress her, I wanted to say it in Spanish "como te llamas?" which means, what is you're name? But instead of that, As me and her are within "kissing distance" of each other, as she is typing on the iPhone, I say "Te Llamo?", It sounds like "Te Amo" (which means, I love you" and all I think im asking for is her name.

When I say it the first time she giggles a few times but continues to create the account because she knew I didn't speak Spanish for the life of me. A few minutes later the entire family starts laughing profusely while I finalize the account. Later on in the day I ask my boss how to say "what is your name?" and he says what I was trying to say "como te llamas? Then I ask him why she was acting all weird about it because she never gave me her name. My boss asks me what I said to her, and I told him "Te Amo" which at the time I thought meant, "your name?". He starts laughing his ass off and tells me that I confessed my love to the girl instead of asking for her name. Now I cant stop thinking about her and how this situation could have gone any worse :P 

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/

instant karma!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Only one question, how old are you compared to the girl? if it's less than 5 years old then ask her out!

If more than 5 years old (so maybe she's 15 and you're 25), TIME TO FLEE THE COUNTRY IMMEDIATELY!!!!! Else you'll be behind some concrete walls and bars :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

15 hours ago, Brennan_Price said:

Question... How old are you compared to the girl?

I'm 19 and she turned 20 couple weeks ago. We are both almost the same age. 

On 7/28/2016 at 1:57 AM, Tocsin_786 said:

Now I cant stop thinking about her and how this situation could have gone any worse :P 

That's the best xD good job man! I know that it's impossible, but feel no shame. That was awesome!

15 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Only one question, how old are you compared to the girl? if it's less than 5 years old then ask her out!

If more than 5 years old (so maybe she's 15 and you're 25), TIME TO FLEE THE COUNTRY IMMEDIATELY!!!!! Else you'll be behind some concrete walls and bars :P 

She's 20 years old. She was quite short (picture your stereotypical Spanish women). I'm 19, so we are around the same age. 

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Dammit Tyrone!  You had one fucking job!

I know! and i failed, now get off my lawn. 

2 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

I know! and i failed, now get off my lawn. 

If she comes in again, do not fail us. Do not dissapoint your famary!!! 

ASU