The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

m5PqaD8.jpg

GfaPpST.jpg?1

JV9JRag.jpg?1

:blink:  That is a gorgeous setup. Very tempted to make a trip to ikea now.

m5PqaD8.jpg

GfaPpST.jpg?1

What are you using to hang those headphones up on the wall near your sexy triple display setup?

$3 piece of aluminum hand bent

Ah cheap and simple. Been trying to find a solution to hang my headphones from the side of my desk. That might work for me.

Ah cheap and simple. Been trying to find a solution to hang my headphones from the side of my desk. That might work for me.

Something like this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt-3-4-in-x-36-in-Aluminum-Flat-Bar-with-1-8-in-Thick-44710/202183470

Just drilled holes and bent it. Was the easiest option and one of those will make a few holders.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I agree +1 for IKEA desks.

my setup:

deskdark_zps68b734d2.jpg

once again awesome setup! i love how its all red! pain the bezels of the monitor red so its even more red :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

What are the measurements of the large table top? and do the tables come in diffirent colors too?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I personally would not trust such a cheap company

They guilty is very good

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

My desk. using ikea worktop and legs. Ikea cut the worktop to size and delivered for £120 including the cost of the worktop! then the legs at £2.50 each.

DSC00817.jpg

More pictures here

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

I personally would not trust such a cheap company

Look at my build, I don't cheap out on things.

If these desks were cheap, if Ikea items were cheap (some are, but most are great) I wouldn't have a house full of Ikea

If you have proof that they are cheap, but with the maybe 40 desks I've bought from them.. I don't see cheap on them anywhere.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I was looking into a large table but never found one, if i get the chance i'll check in Ikea if they have this parts

:/

My Ikea setup:

gallery_2414_810_20590.jpg

Sorry about bad quality. I only have a phone. :(

But yeah, I love them. They are high quality imo, for their price.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Great reference. Will use it as a starting point for a custom-built desk. Thinking of using the Tempered glass tops, then modify it to add a hardware cage. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

My Ikea setup:

gallery_2414_810_20590.jpg

Sorry about bad quality. I only have a phone. :(

But yeah, I love them. They are high quality imo, for their price.

I have those same legs and I can honestly say that I hate them and I'll never buy from IKEA again. I should have known that it would have just been cheaper to build my own. Those things wobble like a newborn deer.

I have those same legs and I can honestly say that I hate them and I'll never buy from IKEA again. I should have known that it would have just been cheaper to build my own. Those things wobble like a newborn deer.

?

Two things:

1. Make sure they are screwed in all the way. Both into the table, and the adjustor being screwed tight enough that it doesn't move (the things inside the legs that hold them to a certain heighth).
  2. Make sure the plastic piece where the two sections of the large join is there and pushed all the way in (where the ring is half way down the legs of my taller table).

Mine don't wobble that much. They do. But not so much that it's noticeable or annoying. I have to physically, intentionally, push them to make them wobble to a point that would annoy me if they were to do it all the time. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

?

Two things:

1. Make sure they are screwed in all the way. Both into the table, and the adjustor being screwed tight enough that it doesn't move (the things inside the legs that hold them to a certain heighth).
  2. Make sure the plastic piece where the two sections of the large join is there and pushed all the way in (where the ring is half way down the legs of my taller table).

Mine don't wobble that much. They do. But not so much that it's noticeable or annoying. I have to physically, intentionally, push them to make them wobble to a point that would annoy me if they were to do it all the time. 

I've installed those push plates as far as they go in and the little plastic thing sometimes falls off if I tap the legs with my foot. I'm being melodramatic but they do wobble quite a bit when I tap the table. It's impossible to write on this thing as well. I think custom is the best IMO because you can maximize your space and size and build reinforced legs (I think that's why these aren't as good because they don't have a crossbeam or anything). Personally, I think I'm just gonna slap a piece of 3/4" plywood on some 2x4's and be done with it.  

I've installed those push plates as far as they go in and the little plastic thing sometimes falls off if I tap the legs with my foot. I'm being melodramatic but they do wobble quite a bit when I tap the table. It's impossible to write on this thing as well. I think custom is the best IMO because you can maximize your space and size and build reinforced legs (I think that's why these aren't as good because they don't have a crossbeam or anything). Personally, I think I'm just gonna slap a piece of 3/4" plywood on some 2x4's and be done with it.  

Custom is always best, but time-wise, these provide the best use-look-quality/price ratio while still being easy to set up.

† Christian Member †

I agree +1 for IKEA desks.

my setup:

deskdark_zps68b734d2.jpg

K70 master race!

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

The center non-adjustable leg you have in your post is actually slightly adjustable (~1in).