Phone radiation cause cancer?

Okjoek
3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Hypocondria and confirmation bias do that. I'd be willing to bet those migraines would go away if they were told the antenna wasn't there anymore, even if it was a lie. Or maybe something else about the place they live is causing them. There is no evidence of even gamma radiations causing migraines. They give you skin burns and cancer, not migraines.

You know what DOES cause cancer with scientific proof and nobody gives a crap about? Cigarettes.

Radiation sounds way more scary than Tobacco.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Hypocondria and confirmation bias do that. I'd be willing to bet those migraines would go away if they were told the antenna wasn't there anymore, even if it was a lie. Or maybe something else about the place they live is causing them. There is no evidence of even gamma radiations causing migraines. They give you skin burns and cancer, not migraines.

You know what DOES cause cancer with scientific proof and nobody gives a crap about? Cigarettes.

in beglium half of the cigarette packaging is legally required to say smoking is lethal.

and i've put an example in the thread where confirmation bias does not apply, since the "subject" was not aware of the test even being done.

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The middle age timeline is slowly merging with ours.

So, would BLM be the new Spanish Inquisition?

Or would that be the ecomentalists?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

7 minutes ago, manikyath said:

in beglium half of the cigarette packaging is legally required to say smoking is lethal.

and i've put an example in the thread where confirmation bias does not apply, since the "subject" was not aware of the test even being done.

Even if the package says it's lethal what's inside not only addicts the user to craving more, it also affects those around him. You can be affected by cigarette smoke even if you never lit one yourself. GSM, aside from being obsolete and close to retirement, seems like the significantly lesser problem - if it even IS a problem, and I have yet to see any real evidence in that sense.

One personal experience is not evidence, it's an anecdote. There are countless variables that could have influenced the outcome. Besides, either it causes cancer or it affects your perception - these are two different things and evidence for one does not indicate the other. You can't "feel" your cancer forming or becoming more likely to form.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Even if the package says it's lethal what's inside not only addicts the user to craving more, it also affects those around him. You can be affected by cigarette smoke even if you never lit one yourself. GSM, aside from being obsolete and close to retirement, seems like the significantly lesser problem - if it even IS a problem, and I have yet to see any real evidence in that sense.

One personal experience is not evidence, it's an anecdote. There are countless variables that could have influenced the outcome. Besides, either it causes cancer or it affects your perception - these are two different things and evidence for one does not indicate the other. You can't "feel" your cancer forming or becoming more likely to form.

trust me, the packaging isnt even half of the social pressure put on smokers, there's been talks of making smoking around children a part of "child abuse" laws.

and it is not one experience, it is repeatable with great accuracy, and if you werent some -cutting this out for the forum's sake- trying to prove wrong any possible negative effect, you would have read trough the entire thread that i'm not saying it's giving you cancer, i'm saying that there is enough worry to be worth the time to care and investigate what exactly is going on.

to reiterate, this research is important technology does not need a new asbestus.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

trust me, the packaging isnt even half of the social pressure put on smokers, there's been talks of making smoking around children a part of "child abuse" laws.

and it is not one experience, it is repeatable with great accuracy, and if you werent some -cutting this out for the forum's sake- trying to prove wrong any possible negative effect, you would have read trough the entire thread that i'm not saying it's giving you cancer, i'm saying that there is enough worry to be worth the time to care and investigate what exactly is going on.

to reiterate, this research is important technology does not need a new asbestus.

My dad smokes and I wouldnt call it child abuse. He always makes sure that we aren't too close to him, and he is very anti-smoking for kids. He just can't quit :( 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

My dad smokes and I wouldnt call it child abuse. He always makes sure that we aren't too close to him, and he is very anti-smoking for kids. He just can't quit :( 

Smoking around children can be considered child abuse.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Not in Canada apparently

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

http://www.slaw.ca/2009/01/21/ontario-bans-smoking-in-cars-when-children-present/ Oh shit

Spoiler

AXIOM

exactly the reason why that didnt go trough. but basicly in belgium its not "socially" allowed to smoke near children, it is illegal in restaurants and bars, pretty much all public places have a "no smoking" sign, and it's kind of looked down upon to do it on the streets.

basicly the clue is, we know it's an addiction that is extremely hard to get rid of, just do it, but do it somewhere secluded you wont impede on other people's health. (aka dont blow your last puff of smoke out when you step on the train, this is why i'd vote for banning smoking on train platforms. i'm fine with people smoking there, just dont bring it inside the tin can i'm forced to sit with you for the next hour.)

Just now, manikyath said:

exactly the reason why that didnt go trough. but basicly in belgium its not "socially" allowed to smoke near children, it is illegal in restaurants and bars, pretty much all public places have a "no smoking" sign, and it's kind of looked down upon to do it on the streets.

basicly the clue is, we know it's an addiction that is extremely hard to get rid of, just do it, but do it somewhere secluded you wont impede on other people's health. (aka dont blow your last puff of smoke out when you step on the train, this is why i'd vote for banning smoking on train platforms. i'm fine with people smoking there, just dont bring it inside the tin can i'm forced to sit with you for the next hour.)

Well, apparently it's illegal in cars with kids under 16. http://www.slaw.ca/2009/01/21/ontario-bans-smoking-in-cars-when-children-present/ I've never heard of this being enforced though. I know this might sound bad but he only ever does it with me because he knows I understand why he does it. I dont know how many police would care with me in the car, especially because me and my dads car rides are basically debates or talking about things like tech 

Spoiler

AXIOM

Well, apparently it's illegal in cars with kids under 16. http://www.slaw.ca/2009/01/21/ontario-bans-smoking-in-cars-when-children-present/ I've never heard of this being enforced though. I know this might sound bad but he only ever does it with me because he knows I understand why he does it. I dont know how many police would care with me in the car, especially because me and my dads car rides are basically debates or talking about things like tech 

well, it's one of those things that you should never "socially" allow either way, i'm most likely the least worried non-smokers in terms of "passive smoking". basicly all i ask from a smoker is to understand my point on the matter, and to have a little bit of respect.

I read an article about this about a month ago, and it stated the same things: studies have revealed that low energy microwave radiation from our devices has been linked to certain problems - like infertility if you keep your phone in your pocket all day.

I'm not dismissing this as the new vaccines cause autism, because there may be effects that we just don't know yet since this long term exposure is a new thing to the human population. These symptoms might not have anything to do with whether the radiation is ionizing or not. But I'm not ready to start believing this until someone gives me a scientific explanation for how this Non-Ionizing EM Radiation causes these things. Anyone can claim there is a link between two things, but providing an explanation is much more convincing.

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

1 minute ago, Peepnbrick said:

I read an article about this about a month ago, and it stated the same things: studies have revealed that low energy microwave radiation from our devices has been linked to certain problems - like infertility if you keep your phone in your pocket all day.

I'm not dismissing this as the new vaccines cause autism, because there may be effects that we just don't know yet since this long term exposure is a new thing to the human population. These symptoms might not have anything to do with whether the radiation is ionizing or not. But I'm not ready to start believing this until someone gives me a scientific explanation for how this Non-Ionizing EM Radiation causes these things. Anyone can claim there is a link between two things, but providing an explanation is much more convincing.

Do you know basic biology? I can explain it. When your cell splits, proteins create new DNA. When there is radiation the DNA can be modified. Thats it basically. The thing is, cell phone waves can't do that, they are not nearly that strong. They go so far because of how long the wavelengths is, which means it causes much less damage

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Peepnbrick said:

finally some sense.

to give you a bit of a booster: the big issue on this topic, is the amount of variables, compared to how "intense" you can make the experiment. i've taken my conclusions as to what levels of "radiation" i'm comfortable with having around me, and i hope everyone that may run into this thread in the future will do the same.

FYI all radiation causes cancer. All depends on the amount or radiation. Everything except for dark matter gives off radiation, there is no avoiding it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The reason I wanted some extra opinions on this topic was because I'm a guy that treats my body like a temple. I never do anything I don't have to and that I KNOW has negative impacts on my well being. I get what some people are saying "everything causes cancer", "life causes cancer", "nature wants us dead" I get it, but as a human being aside from wanting to leave the world a better place than how I entered it, I want to be able to give myself every natural advantage for living as long as possible. There's just no reason to not want to do that which is why I was curious.

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

This old chestnut. If you look at anything for long enough you'll find evidence to support any theory. Heck I just proved that the colour purple was responsible for the shooting of JFK. 

I need to see this line of thought.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

3 minutes ago, Peepnbrick said:

It also explains why radiation doesnt affect cockroaches. There cells only split every few months, so their DNA has no chance to mutate from the radiation. If it was shedding though (When the cells start to split and grow), they would be just as affected as humans. Humans are constantly growing so thats why we get affected

Spoiler

AXIOM

Do you know basic biology? I can explain it. When your cell splits, proteins create new DNA. When there is radiation the DNA can be modified. Thats it basically. The thing is, cell phone waves can't do that, they are not nearly that strong. They go so far because of how long the wavelengths is, which means it causes much less damage

To be clear, I never said anything about this radiation affecting the production of DNA. I know all about how cancer is caused by Ionizing Radiation. What I am saying is that there is the possibility of non-ionizing radiation causing problems other than genetic damage that we just don't know about yet. That is what I want an explanation on.

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Just now, kuddlesworth9419 said:

FYI all radiation causes cancer.

No, no it doesnt. Do magnets cause cancer? No. Do you know what the earth is? A magnet. A giant magnet and magnets work using electromegnetic radiation

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 minute ago, Peepnbrick said:

To be clear, I never said anything about this radiation affecting the production of DNA. I know all about how cancer is caused by Ionizing Radiation. What I am saying is that there is the possibility of non-ionizing radiation causing problems other than genetic damage that we just don't know about yet. That is what I want an explanation on.

It doesnt. Or we'd all have cancer before we were born

Spoiler

AXIOM

18 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

In Germany I even see people smoking inside closed cars with kids on the back seat

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

No, no it doesnt. Do magnets cause cancer? No. Do you know what the earth is? A magnet. A giant magnet and magnets work using electromegnetic radiation

magnets are not electromagnetic "radiation" FYI ;)