Phone radiation cause cancer?

Okjoek

Back around the end of May I read this news article (on my phone ironically) that talks of a Study of exposing lab rats to cell phone activity. The article discusses a 25 million dollar Study by the US Gov't.

https://www.rt.com/usa/344640-mobile-phones-cancer-radiation/

"Scientists found that male rats exposed to two types of RF radiation were significantly more likely than unexposed rats to develop a type of brain cancer called glioma. They also had higher chance of developing schwannoma, a rare and malignant heart tumor."

Yet strangely enough the article claims female subjects did not notice any increase in Cancer risk.

PDF file of a study's findings within the article:

http://biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2016/05/26/055699.full.pdf

This is apparently a partial review with the study's full findings to be announced next year.

What do you think? Does radiation from cell phones have an effect on creatures like us? If so how can we prevent it aside from shutting them completely off? Maybe when not in use have it in some kind of insulated box that you could still hear it ringing? Could certain computers have similar issues?

I can't see how it can be a significantly high risk to worry about, people go and visit chernobyl which understandably has a relatively high level of radiation. I'm no scientist it just seems that even prolonged exposure to a mobile phone won't be a significant risk. To be honest even if it is found as a risk i won't be changing at all as using my phone, computer and laptop is important to my lifestyle even if there is a risk of cancer

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

5 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Back around the end of May I read this news article (on my phone ironically) that talks of a Study of exposing lab rats to cell phone activity. The article discusses a 25 million dollar Study by the US Gov't.

https://www.rt.com/usa/344640-mobile-phones-cancer-radiation/

"Scientists found that male rats exposed to two types of RF radiation were significantly more likely than unexposed rats to develop a type of brain cancer called glioma. They also had higher chance of developing schwannoma, a rare and malignant heart tumor."

Yet strangely enough the article claims female subjects did not notice any increase in Cancer risk.

PDF file of a study's findings within the article:

http://biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2016/05/26/055699.full.pdf

This is apparently a partial review with the study's full findings to be announced next year.

What do you think? Does radiation from cell phones have an effect on creatures like us? If so how can we prevent it aside from shutting them completely off? Maybe when not in use have it in some kind of insulated box that you could still hear it ringing? Could certain computers have similar issues?

The longer the time passes,the less danger we get to a certain degree, why? Because we choose better frequencies which doesn't affect brain tissues as much.

Everything can cause cancer you know.

This has been known for many, many years. That's why in most manuals it says to keep your phone at least a centimeter or more away from your body at all times.

It's worth noting that experiments on rats do not always directly translate into what happens with a human.

Really, anything electrical affects you in some way. It's just something we've grown to live with. Humans are living longer than ever, so I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

Just now, Jack Longman said:

I can't see how it can be a significantly high risk to worry about, people go and visit chernobyl which understandably has a relatively high level of radiation. I'm no scientist it just seems that even prolonged exposure to a mobile phone won't be a significant risk. To be honest even if it is found as a risk i won't be changing at all as using my phone, computer and laptop is important to my lifestyle even if there is a risk of cancer

If you kick up the dirt in Chernobyl, there is a very high chance of getting dangerous doses of radiation. Those who visit are heavily moderated, given areas that are safer to go into, and told not to kick up dust.
It's still not safe.

Just now, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Just living gives you cancer, so I wouldn't worry.

Hahaha, I've long held the belief that it's just mankind learning more about the human body. Instead of "he died of natural causes/old age", now they know exactly why you died.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Just living gives you cancer, so I wouldn't worry.

This guy knows ^

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

the issue is pretty simple:

no, having a phone in your pocket isnt gonna kill you, neither is having wifi.

but there's been studies (both scientific and psychological) that have shown that it's certainly not a good thing to basicly be within the world's lowest wattage microwave 24/7.

it's *fine* but be careful with going overboard. having a wifi access point near can have a negative impact on your sleeping patterns, it's not a necessarily "guaranteed" thing, nor is it a very direct and/or irreversible thing.

if those rats that were tested were humans, they'd most likely be screaming "get me the hell out of here" before the measurable increase in cancer probablility was measurable. there's plenty of other signs that tell you shit's no good, and that you need to reduce the amount of wifi particles around you.

Just now, laminutederire said:

The longer the time passes,the less danger we get to a certain degree, why? Because we choose better frequencies which doesn't affect brain tissues as much.

Everything can cause cancer you know.

the only reason everything and its charger runs on 2.4GHz is because microwaves, and i dont need to tell you they're not the most healthy piece of kitchen equipment ever invented.

5 minutes ago, Jack Longman said:

These are not the same kinds of radiations though.

Light is the same kind of radiation, and we all know we can't do much without it, and both kind are things we should be confortable using them :)

7 minutes ago, RuLeZ said:

I call it BS, the spectrum that the phone emits its way below the ionization level. Its even way less energetic than visible light, and I dont see people saying that visible light cause cancer.

it's not proven to have a direct link, but it's been proven that its certainly not a healthy scenario, especially when getting a higher wattage near you.

Nah. Radio waves don't have enough energy to even come close to cause ionisation. Maybe standing next to a cell tower for a while though...

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

it's not proven to have a direct link, but it's been proven that its certainly not a healthy scenario, especially when getting a higher wattage near you.

Really informativ.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Just now, manikyath said:

The only reason everything and its charger runs on 2.4GHz is because microwaves, and i dont need to tell you they're not the most healthy piece of kitchen equipment ever invented.

A microwave oven uses so much more powerful radiations. If phones were emitting 900W... we'd know it :)

What I meant was that those frequencies are less absorbed by brain tissues and therefore don't heat them up as much :)

1 minute ago, RuLeZ said:

Really informativ.

i'm not specificly talking about cancer, but there's been links between other health issues and wifi found.

and as we all know, 2.4GHz ;)

--

things to note tho is that research is inherently difficult because you just cant keep someone away from radiation for a long enough period of time in the modern world, the wattage of these devices is hilareously, stupidly low, and there's many other things around that arent very healthy in a much more impactful way.

(leaking nuclear reactors, exhaust gasses, sitting in the sun, badly processed foods, and so on.)

4 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

A microwave oven uses so much more powerful radiations. If phones were emitting 900W... we'd know it :)

What I meant was that those frequencies are less absorbed by brain tissues and therefore don't heat them up as much :)

well, you're talking to someone who can control his parents' ability to sleep with the on/off button on a wireless access point.

either my TP-Link box somehow turned into an EMP, or there's something wrong here.

--

now, i'm not saying this affects everyone, nor am i saying wifi "will permanently damage your brain" if you arent some kind of tinfoil wearing hillbillie.

i'm talking from personal experiences and experiments that have made me worried to a point i feel the need to share my findings to my peers. take it as you will, just please dont be some close minded douchebag stamping everyone who has worry about modern technology as some kind of tinfoil hat. i'm here to tell you i have seen worrying results, and that i have taken my conclusions from that.

i actually wonder where research in to this problem (which, it is a problem, we just dont know what the scale of it is) would be if we didnt have people screaming their pants of about people having a defentive grounded worry being tinfoil hat freaks.

one thing technology doesnt need is a new asbestus

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

well, you're talking to someone who can control his parents' ability to sleep with the on/off button on a wireless access point.

either my TP-Link box somehow turned into an EMP, or there's something wrong here.

--

now, i'm not saying this affects everyone, nor am i saying wifi "will permanently damage your brain" if you arent some kind of tinfoil wearing hillbillie.

i'm talking from personal experiences and experiments that have made me worried to a point i feel the need to share my findings to my peers. take it as you will, just please dont be some close minded douchebag stamping everyone who has worry about modern technology as some kind of tinfoil hat. i'm here to tell you i have seen worrying results, and that i have taken my conclusions from that.

i actually wonder where research in to this problem (which, it is a problem, we just dont know what the scale of it is) would be if we didnt have people screaming their pants of about people having a defentive grounded worry being tinfoil hat freaks.

one thing technology doesnt need is a new asbestus

I'm talking about how it doesn't causes as much brain tissues damage as it could with the wrong frequencies. I haven't said it doesn't affect anything.

This old chestnut. If you look at anything for long enough you'll find evidence to support any theory. Heck I just proved that the colour purple was responsible for the shooting of JFK. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

This old chestnut. If you look at anything for long enough you'll find evidence to support any theory. Heck I just proved that the colour purple was responsible for the shooting of JFK. 

the color purple isnt causing people with flats next to unfortunately placed gsm antennas heavy migraines which magically go away when they're at family for a week.

11 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the color purple isnt causing people with flats next to unfortunately placed gsm antennas heavy migraines which magically go away when they're at family for a week.

Masts=/=Phone

No one sane would argue a mast can't affect a person but your phones antenna, nope. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

26 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Literally everything in the world gives you cancer or causes death with enough exposure.

Have you looked at Dihydrogen monoxide  sites lately.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Masts=/=Antennas 

No one sane would argue a mast can't affect a person but your phones antenna, nope. 

the thing is a mast is just a powerful antenna.

and the reason they consider both as a whole, is they fall under the same regulations.

Just now, manikyath said:

the thing is a mast is just a powerful antenna.

and the reason they consider both as a whole, is they fall under the same regulations.

The important word there, powerful. 

Look at the very first reply to this thread for your answer. Your phone simply isn't powerful enough to affect you. 

48 minutes ago, RuLeZ said:

I call it BS, the spectrum that the phone emits its way below the ionization level. Its even way less energetic than visible light, and I dont see people saying that visible light cause cancer. People are just getting crazy these days, vaccination causes autism, the crystals gives you energy... Its like the middle ages are back.

The middle age timeline is slowly merging with ours.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

11 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Nor are gsm antennas (possibly),

It might any one of one million (<slight hyperbole there) differences between those locations, if the ONLY difeerence was the antennas then you could say they were the cause else you can just say they MIGHT be the cause.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"