Power Failure :(

93Country

So recently I finished the build on my first custom water cooled PC, it was such a blast.  

It was even more of a blast once I got it up and running, and was able to over clock and bench mark it.

link to build here.

The last touch was some custom cables for the system to really polish it off.  Finally after waiting for what seemed like forever, my custom cables arrived in the mail. (I will not be mentioning the supplier at this point) I was so excited I wanted to tear out all the stock PSU cables and replace them right away.  I decided to wait until I had a nice span of free time, so I could really take my time and work on the cable management. 

Error #1 - I did not simply test all the cables before finalizing my cable management.  Assuming I wouldn't have an issue I simply unplugged the old and ran the new ones.

After spending the better part of an afternoon carefully installing all my cabling, I decided I was happy with the aesthetic and decided to button my system up and resume gaming.

I put my system on my desk, connected all my peripherals, then clicked on the power supply at the back of the PC, and then nothing...

Confused, I checked all the standard stuff.  was it plugged in - yes, was my UPS on - yes, is there actually power on the plug - yes. Then I moved into checking to make sure I had all the wiring connected and no pins had pulled etc.

EDIT: 

I did in fact remove all the custom cables, and try and get the system up and running with the original PSU cables.  The result was the same, no lights, no power. 

I can get the PSU to start using the 24Pin jumper technique, however this only powers the 12V systems.

I guess my next step is checking the power supply.  I have since completely disassembled the PC and have everything back to individual parts for testing.

EDIT#2:

I have checked the PSU on a completely different system and everything checked out OK.

Does anyone have any advice? or can point me to the stupid simple thing I overlooked?

Thanks!

Sorry,

I forgot to mention yes, I did go back and test the system with the original PSU cables and it is still resulting in a no power situation.

it is almost like the PSU isn't even turning on.

I can get it to turn on the 12V side using the jumper, and the fan test switch on the PSU works etc.

On 7/23/2016 at 10:58 AM, NoobCase said:

Faulty power button perhaps?  Have your tried tuning on the system by shortening the two power pins on the motherboard? 

I have not tried that, but the motherboard does not even light up.

I also have a power button directly n the motherboard, so this shouldn't be a problem.

As mentioned above it seems as if there is no power coming from the PSU, which I have also previously tested and proved functional.

If you have a reset switch, and if it's connected, try disconnecting it to make sure it's not shorted or stuck "on".

Something may have been shorted and the power supply went into protective shutdown. Unplug the AC power from the supply (or turn the power switch off if it has one) to reset the protection circuits.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

2 hours ago, Quaker said:

If you have a reset switch, and if it's connected, try disconnecting it to make sure it's not shorted or stuck "on".

Something may have been shorted and the power supply went into protective shutdown. Unplug the AC power from the supply (or turn the power switch off if it has one) to reset the protection circuits.

Thanks,

I do not have a reset switch, and I am currently working with the MOBO out of the case.  As added to the original post I have removed the PSU and confirmed its functionality with another system.