Courts Decide that Google and Bing do not have to Censor the Word "Torrent"

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2016/07/19/google_bing_have_no_obligation_to_censor_searches_for_torrents <<< Good summary

http://betanews.com/2016/07/19/bing-google-need-not-censor-torrents/ <<< Full article

HardOCP: A music industry group actually tried convincing Google and Bing to block any site or link with the word "torrent" from coming up in a search. Luckily, the courts used common sense this time and decided that would just be a tad excessive.

BetaNews: French music industry group SNEP went to court on behalf of a trio of artists, requesting that Microsoft and Google automatically filter out links to pirated material. The group had called for a complete block on searches that include the word 'torrent' as well as blocking sites whose name includes the word.

A red letter day for search engines? Not really. I'm just happy to learn that in some cases, common sense does win.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

I'm at the point where I will oppose anything the music industry wants simply out of spite, your day will come music industry and I will be laughing as you burn to the ground.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

\o/ Finally a court decision in Europe that makes sense. Now if the courts in Germany in charge of publishers vs AdBlock Plus would finally activate their common sense…

Tech unrelated stuff: Check out my web novel Amauga.

1 hour ago, AresKrieger said:

I'm at the point where I will oppose anything the music industry wants simply out of spite, your day will come music industry and I will be laughing as you burn to the ground.

I don't understand your thought process.

1. Music Industry burns to the ground

2. You laugh

3. Music industry is gone, so nobody makes music anymore

4. Profit????

1 hour ago, thecreativename said:

2. You laugh

4. Profit????

Lel bandcamp exists. And freelancers make music too you know.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

2 hours ago, thecreativename said:

2. You laugh

4. Profit????

People were making music for thousands of years before the 'industry' existed and will go on making music presumably until Humanity meets its end.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

The whole supporting the artist thing. I'd rather pay big bucks and support them by going to concerts, instead of buying music

7 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

It's not the entire industry though, it's mostly just the pop music studios that get bent out of shape. 

I'm big into the Rave scene and studios/promoters/artists from Rave generally don't care about music being passed around or shared on YouTube. Infact I know some producers who are asking DJs to rip old songs and post them online just to preserve them, DJs who are asking fans to rip sets and share them so they don't get lost and promoters who allow DJs to enable ad sense on their tracks. The general rule is as long as it's not on sale anymore, share away. 

It works really well as ravers will happily buy up current stuff, artists get paid for their work and all the older stuff stays active and not forgotten. We are fine with not sharing current stuff as they are fine with us sharing older stuff. Quid Pro Quo. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Pft, censore existance makes little to no sense really.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

heres where they made their mistake. they tried to pull this shit in french courts instead of US courts

So nobody would hear about Torrential Rain warnings then?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II