What do you expect from the GTX 1050 and the GT 1040?

Djole123

So, as y'all know, the GTX 1060 beat the RX 480 in leaked benchmarks for just a little bit more. So I'm asking, what do you expect from the GTX 1050 and the GT 1040? I'm really curious to see what will Nvidia cook up to compete with the RX 470 and the RX 460.

Also you can share other thoughts such as design and cooling.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

I expect them to be incrementally slower and cheaper than the 1080, 1070 and 1060.  Trust me on this, I have a lot of inside sources, they've confirmed this for me.

1050 to offer a tad more performance than the 960 (so 380 region)

1040 to maybe offer as much as the 950? the x40 series have always been pretty underwhelming IMO :P 

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

I expect them to be incrementally slower and cheaper than the 1080, 1070 and 1060.  Trust me on this, I have a lot of inside sources, they've confirmed this for me.

So you've been told how the 980ti is going to start getting gimped? 

Jokes

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

16 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

So, as y'all know, the GTX 1060 beat the RX 480 in leaked benchmarks for just a little bit more. So I'm asking, what do you expect from the GTX 1050 and the GT 1040? I'm really curious to see what will Nvidia cook up to compete with the RX 470 and the RX 460.

Also you can share other thoughts such as design and cooling.

In my personal opinion... the RX's are not really on the playing field anymore, with the reveal of the 1060 which is around the same price but has fallen behind in performance... They have attempted to appeal to the average gamer or PC user who doesn't want to spend 1000$ on a card as where the GTX 10 series has given a more vast approach where they are covering all bases to hardcore PC users to the Average. So I think the 10 series is going to stay ahead in the race... They seem to have upped their game in performance while still managing a great price point.

Hmm. Okay. Uh.

Gtx 1050 - Better than a 970

Gt 1040 (if they even make one.) - Better than 950/960.

Nothing.

GT cards are for multimedia and office use. I don't see why PC community should even care about them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There were no GT 900 cards (except on mobile), so I don't really expect GT 1000 cards either.  I think Nvidia still wants to leave a gap between their enthusiast lineup and iGPUs.  Then again, I could see them pulling another 750 ti situation where they launch volta on a low end GPU.

Gtx 1050 is probably going to be somewhere about a gtx 960 in terms of performance.