Teen hit by car playing pokemon go. Parent Blames the game

goodtofufriday

Not to be rude, but that girl's mother sounds like a bad foster parent that doesn't give two shits about who they're taking care of. 

I see no signs of sadness or concern for her 'daughter's' health and current situation. 

What a bitch.

Spoiler

Stupid parents in it again. If someone cant use their own brain properly maybe that person should not have a smartphone and be under watch 24/7.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

11 hours ago, AuraDesru said:

I remember a cop coming to our kindergarten class and teaching us about stranger danger and street safety.

And if you live in Edinburgh, you go to this thing called the risk factory in p7 (11-12y/o) to enforce what we've been taught before and teaching us new things that our new teenage minds might makes us do :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Oh gawd... if you are playing a game that requires you to look about the real life area, then it is up to your own self to keep your own body safe from harm... you cannot blame anything but yourself.

But of course it's easier to blame something/someone else for your shitty parenting.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

14 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Phones are dangerous. We needed phone control.

Pokémon don't kill people, people kill people! 

- snip-

18 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Do we need a separate thread for every moron that gets in trouble/injured/whatever by Pokemon go? Seriously this is just natural selection now

fixed that for you.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

21 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Guys... Her being dumb and not paying attention doesn't mean you should bash her. She probably knows better than any of us how fucking stupid it was. 

Seriously, I'm getting sick of all the "hurr durr Darwin" stuff. People need to pay more attention, we get it already. That doesn't make them literally fucking retarded or mean that they deserve to get hurt. 

I think it's tragic and sad that she got hurt, and highly regretable. But the thing is, all evidence points towards the fact that she probably does not know better, because she blames the game, not herself. Her mother also blames the game - which is absurd.

It wasn't the games fault.

I wish she had never gotten hurt. I feel bad for her. I sincerely hope she never gets hit by a car again. But it's still her own fault.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Self control is becoming rare.

I fucking hate my generation.

I hate mine for always bandwagoning on hype trains and not thinking for themselves. A bunch of special snowflakes.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

15 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

By "it" I didn't mean the game... I meant her actions and her lack of attention. Of course it's her own fault, but these assholes keep saying "Hurr dee durr natural selection" whenever anyone gets hurt because they weren't paying attention. 

23 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Do we need a separate thread for every moron that gets in trouble/injured/whatever by Pokemon go? Seriously this is just spam now.

This is what I say every time a Twitch Streamer gets arrested live. It's not Tech News, not even closely related despite Twitch or PokémonGO being Online *Ahem* Services.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

This was bound to happen, people spend too much time looking at their devices! Look up once and a while, children should be made aware especially as this type of thing is likely to keep happening :(

Jr. Systems Administrator

*All my opinions are my own based on my Technical Experiences and Tech Reviews!

just rode my bike for 2 hours, no accidents, always kept my eyes on the road, only looked at the phone when i got notified of the presence of nearby pokemons

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

By "it" I didn't mean the game... I meant her actions and her lack of attention. Of course it's her own fault, but these assholes keep saying "Hurr dee durr natural selection" whenever anyone gets hurt because they weren't paying attention. 

I agree. I roll my eyes hard every time the whole natural selection thing comes up - I guarantee that every user who posted that kind of reply has made at least one colossal dumbass mega-fuck-up at least once in their life.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I agree. I roll my eyes hard every time the whole natural selection thing comes up - I guarantee that every user who posted that kind of reply has made at least one colossal dumbass mega-fuck-up at least once in their life.

2 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

i think accidentally walking on to the freeway/highway is definitely on a differnet scale than the average not paying attention. 

Even my dumb ass checks the street before jaywalking. 

Unless the driver hits my fucking bike because he ran a red light, of course. 

Im glad that Pokemon go isn.. People still play Pokemon go here, even when it's not in the App Store. iPhones mind you, not android that can install any apk.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I'm just amazed you can casually walk onto a freeway/highway where she is. To do that here you need to physically climb shit, and if at that point you're still like "yip" well then you deserve to get smashed by an Artic going 80.

Parents are daft for blaming the game instead of their stupid daughter.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Parents are already picking out their dream house and car...

That kid has no one to blame but herself and her parents should look at themselves in the mirror to see how much of a failure they are, for failing to teach their children commom sense.

Look at them asking, for their pathetic 15 minutes of fame.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I blame the game for having me be intrigued to have to watch how dumb that was.  Man, alive!

Cool. Blaming one person's stupidity on people who explicitly warn you about not being an idiot while playing.

Faith in humanity at an all-time low.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

And this my friends is the state of modern parenting.

E7-8890 V3 x2 , 12TB DDR4 @ 1866, Quadro K6000's + 2x GTX 1080's.