Dxracer versus Need for seat chairs

Right i'm looking for a new chair and i'm considering between Dxracer and Need for seat. And please don't suggest high quality office chairs like hermen miller, or others like the IKEA markus because I've tried both of them and the lumber support kills my back.

I did think these gaming chairs were a marketing gimmick at first but after trying proper office chairs with little success I'm willing to try a so called "gaming chair" The two brands i see the most are Dxracer and Need for seat. 

Now i want your opinions on both of these brands, I've heard things like that Need for seat has better comfort and quality but Dxracer has better support and return polices. I'm not really sure since both brands are about 50/50 from all the other forum posts I've read and not just on these forums either. 

Is there any difference to comfort style, things like foam hardness and what not between Dxracer chairs and Need for seat? 

I'm under the impression that the gaming chairs are probably comfortable but also rather overpriced at the same time, but i do want to try one as i'm out of options really.

I'm about 5 foot 8  and 140 lbs

Height and weight? 

This is actually very important.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Height and weight? 

This is actually very important.

Of course silly me, I edited the question to include that. 

i would honestly be surprised if both of those (and the other brands like akracing) actually didnt come from the same factory, just different design ideas.

2 minutes ago, GR412 said:

Of course silly me, I edited the question to include that. 

Ok so slightly less than median height and not particularly wide shouldered (I assume being 140 lbs lol).

I would then highly recommend the DX Formula series. I own a DXRacer Racing series chair and it has helped a lot with my personal sitting issues (I had surgery about a year ago that scooped out tissue over my tailbone so it hurts to sit on most chairs for extended times.)

My only slight complaint is that I am 6'1'' and very broad in the shoulders and it is a little bit narrower than I would have chosen if I was building from scratch. But sooooo comfy.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i would honestly be surprised if both of those (and the other brands like akracing) actually didnt come from the same factory, just different design ideas.

Yeah that's possible it might just be down to support and return policy. 

I looked at some reviews and noticed that the NfS chairs have a much more firm seat cushion.

I decided to go with a DXracer and the seat is great, so I probably wouldn't have really liked the NfS one

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Ok so slightly less than median height and not particularly wide shouldered (I assume being 140 lbs lol).

I would then highly recommend the DX Formula series. I own a DXRacer Racing series chair and it has helped a lot with my personal sitting issues (I had surgery about a year ago that scooped out tissue over my tailbone so it hurts to sit on most chairs for extended times.)

My only slight complaint is that I am 6'1'' and very broad in the shoulders and it is a little bit narrower than I would have chosen if I was building from scratch. But sooooo comfy.

whats the foam density like is it firm, Or softer? I do fear that i may bottom out like on a lot of other chairs. 

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I looked at some reviews and noticed that the NfS chairs have a much more firm seat cushion.

I decided to go with a DXracer and the seat is great, so I probably wouldn't have really liked the NfS one

Yeah I observed that too, does the dxracer have firm enough foam so that you don't bottom out would you say?

2 minutes ago, GR412 said:

Yeah I observed that too, does the dxracer have firm enough foam so that you don't bottom out would you say?

I'm a pretty light person, about 150 i think...

And yeah, I haven't felt anything other than cushion :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, GR412 said:

whats the foam density like is it firm, Or softer? I do fear that i may bottom out like on a lot of other chairs. 

You won't bottom out, it has a definite squish to it, but you won't bottom out (if I had to estimate I would say I sink about 3-5 inches into the 9-12 inches of foam). I don't bottom out and I weigh 60 pounds more than you.

Plus the single biggest feature imho about the chair's seat is the seat's base is actually fabric (like a much higher quality version of the image below). Thus even if the cushion becomes worn over time (which I haven't seen yet in a year of use), you won't bottom out on a hard surface but rather a flexible soft one.

il_fullxfull.253709872.jpg

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

22 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

14 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Can you seggest one to me as well? Sorry to use this, but i thought it would be better than spamming the same thing. I'm 187cm tall and about 90kg, with quite broad shoulders (i have to get xxl coat cause it wont fit my shoulders, although normal xl is fine on the torso.) Thanks :) 

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

9 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

You won't bottom out, it has a definite squish to it, but you won't bottom out (if I had to estimate I would say I sink about 3-5 inches into the 9-12 inches of foam). I don't bottom out and I weigh 60 pounds more than you.

Plus the single biggest feature imho about the chair's seat is the seat's base is actually fabric (like a much higher quality version of the image below). Thus even if the cushion becomes worn over time (which I haven't seen yet in a year of use), you won't bottom out on a hard surface but rather a flexible soft one.

Okay that's good to hear, thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Z-Gaming said:

Can you seggest one to me as well? Sorry to use this, but i thought it would be better than spamming the same thing. I'm 187cm tall and about 90kg, with quite broad shoulders (i have to get xxl coat cause it wont fit my shoulders, although normal xl is fine on the torso.) Thanks :) 

The king or iron series.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Z-Gaming said:

Phew, well 6'3 is a bit taller than I would ever recommend the formula or racing series too and I don't know how large sizes are where you are from (I am a medium to L in torso, and XL in shoulder, but I also weigh around 90kg)).

Jayztwocents really liked the King series chair from DXRacer, but honestly I don't know.

JUST looked up european shirt sizes, and I think I am a 97 torso, 112 shoulder. Anything larger than that size wise and you need a wider chair than the one I own.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The king or iron series.

3 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Phew, well 6'3 is a bit taller than I would ever recommend the formula or racing series too and I don't know how large sizes are where you are from (I am a medium to L in torso, and XL in shoulder, but I also weigh around 90kg)).

Jayztwocents really liked the King series chair from DXRacer, but honestly I don't know.

cool. thanks

18 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

18 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Oh another question, can you get like a breathable fabric material rather than that leather like material for these dxracer chairs. 

1 minute ago, GR412 said:

Oh another question, can you get like a breathable fabric material rather than that leather like material for these dxracer chairs. 

Not that I am aware of. Vinyl is quite nice though.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Okay never mind, I guess I can always buy a cotton car seat cover to put over or something. 

Okay never mind, I guess I can always buy a cotton car seat cover to put over or something. 

I mean you can, but I don't think that would end up being cooler. Vinyl is a pretty cool fabric (although it does trap water), and is washable.

In fact the biggest issue with it is you don't want to expose it continuously to direct sunlight (not that it will matter over the course of a year or so, this is more for like 5-10 year + longevity concerns) because the color's fade and it tends to become more brittle (eventually cracking at the seams). Below is an absolutely worst case situation (decade of exposure to direct sunlight in a marine environment, aka increased solar intensity).

attachment.php?attachmentid=99566&stc=1&

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

5 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Oh one last thing, do the lips on both the back and base of the chair on either side restrict your movement much? I saw a few reviews where people said it like hugged you a bit. 

Oh one last thing, do the lips on both the back and base of the chair on either side restrict your movement much? I saw a few reviews where people said it like hugged you a bit. 

So, they do a little bit for me (never in an uncomfortable fashion, but still present), but again I think that is more because the chair is designed for people that are around 5'11'', and I am 6'1'' with very broad shoulders.

I don't think your frame (based on what you have said) would have any issues at all.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

So, they do a little bit for me (never in an uncomfortable fashion, but still present), but again I think that is more because the chair is designed for people that are around 5'11'', and I am 6'1'' with very broad shoulders.

I don't think your frame (based on what you have said) would have any issues at all.

Okay nice, I'll watch some reviews I think, you've helped me make a decision I reckon, and it does appear dxracer is a bit more established than need for speed. Their return policy also seems more generous, 30 days as opposed to 14 days from need for seat. Thanks a lot. 

Okay nice, I'll watch some reviews I think, you've helped me make a decision I reckon, and it does appear dxracer is a bit more established than need for speed. Their return policy also seems more generous, 30 days as opposed to 14 days from need for seat. Thanks a lot. 

yep

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Personally I bought an Aeron seat with a lumbar pillow and it's very comfortable while being a lot cheaper than those kinda of chairs. I also think it looks much nicer. I can't comment to those being good or bad as I haven't sat it one, but I do think it's possible for you to get a chair that feels good for your lumbar for cheaper than these.