First pics of Gigabyte RX480 G1 Gaming

Jumper118
1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

reference cards are pretty bad for accessories

and it depends on the manufacturer more so than it being reference/non reference

Powercolour and Sapphire...hmmm

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Powercolour and Sapphire...hmmm

I know my 760 HAWK which is the best of the 760s was bad

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

10 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Take away the HDMI and make one of the DP mini

I dont think this card is targeted towards people that have the money to do projects which require a hacksaw to the card

Hacksaws are required for every project linus ever made /s

But seriousely, modding cases on the cheap are quite often done with a hacksaw. Also i would feel mway more conftable doing this to a 200$ compared to a Titan X (desipte I got it on 50% discount).

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

13 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Actually I don't care about the connector as long as the card has:

- Min. 2x DP (mini or full size don't matter)

- The IO is single slot

I never want to cut off a DVI connector with an old hacksaw. It's just a terrible feeling handling high end tech this way.

Well you won't be buying this card anyway right? :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Stefan1024 said:

Hacksaws are required for every project linus ever made /s

But seriousely, modding cases on the cheap are quite often done with a hacksaw. Also i would feel mway more conftable doing this to a 200$ compared to a Titan X (desipte I got it on 50% discount).

True but if the mod requires less width that would mean heatsink replacement which is not cheap

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Well you won't be buying this card anyway right? :P

Not really, but I very like the single slot design by AMD, also on the fuly lineup. No need to change that.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

True but if the mod requires less width that would mean heatsink replacement which is not cheap

The cheap heatsinks ripped of whatever equipment is less likely to fit - but a sane person would mod the heat sink and not the card ;)

I kinda like it, I think it's tied with the Sapphire Nitro. I like that it has more going on than the Nitro but at the same time the Nitro does have a pretty gorgeous backplate but so does Gigabyte.

Sapphire-RX-480-NITRO-1.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

6 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

The cheap heatsinks ripped of whatever equipment is less likely to fit - but a sane person would mod the heat sink and not the card ;)

Its usually for watercooling.. that is another 50-100% cost for the just cooling the card depending on whether or not you are cooling the CPU too

0.001% losses if that..

48 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

Gigabyte and Asus AMD cards thrash, they're the last ones you should consider for an AMD card.

As a proud owner of the Gigabyte WF3 HD 7950, my card is awesome. The voltage is locked, yes, but it's locked at a higher voltage compared to ref cards. The cooling is excellent (definitely up there with the best GPU air coolers), and the card has been going rock solid since it came out. I've never had to deal with their CS and I've had zero issues with the BIOS.

Does that mean everyone has the same experience as I do? No of course not. But a blanket statement like "Gigabyte AMD cards suck" is simply inaccurate and a broad generalization.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

23 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Take away the HDMI and make one of the DP mini

I dont think this card is targeted towards people that have the money to do projects which require a hacksaw to the card

/me gives keemo a yellow card

No so sorry but HDMI 2 absolutely has to be there.

10 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Keep in mind, there are DP to HDMI 2.0 active adapters now (Though I believe they run off the DP 1.2 spec - but should still work with DP 1.3 or 1.4 ports). So if a GPU vendor decided to go all DP, with no HDMI 2.0, all they would need to do is include an adapter in the box.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

12 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

2.0 sure but not 1 definitely not 1

and I have a yellow card :D (metal yellow though)

I still prefer the Nitro look though I wish the Nitro logo was RGB

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

42 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

snip

MSI Dragon back-plates are hands down the best in the business. I mean they manage to make adding a fucking dragon semi-understated and minimalistic.

38 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

The design is okay but its pretty lame to see it again and again..

For better or worse, that is literally the entire point. 

The beefiness of the heatsink might change from card to card, but the coolers are designed as a brand image, all instantly telling you this is a TF6 design. Just like the TFV. Also it means designs cool (both in the aethetic and preformance perspective) enough to put flagship class power output cards like the 390x and 980ti also get thrown on much much cheaper budget cards like the 950.

EVGA also did this with their ACX2.0 cooler (and will probably do this with the 3.0 even though it looks really really bad from the side... stupid faceplate.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Umm i'm lazy and derpy but i can't find the PEG config anywhere of it.

Which is tbh the most important thing, if it has only 1 6-pin, no f*cks given here m8!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

16 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Keep in mind, there are DP to HDMI 2.0 active adapters now (Though I believe they run off the DP 1.2 spec - but should still work with DP 1.3 or 1.4 ports). So if a GPU vendor decided to go all DP, with no HDMI 2.0, all they would need to do is include an adapter in the box.

hmm.  but aren't there also DP to DVI adapters as well?  I'd bet StarTech has them, and no one wants the bulk of more crap adapters, leave that stuff for multi monitor peeps to deal with.

15 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

2.0 sure but not 1 definitely not 1

and I have a yellow card :D (metal yellow though)

Common, isn't HDMI 2.0 pretty much a requirement for television and VR?  How could they possibly not have it, especially after all the crap AMD took on the Fury/fury x/nano for not having it?

How about 2 yellow cards?

451278462-australian-referee-benjamin-jo

5 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

hmm.  but aren't there also DP to DVI adapters as well?  I'd bet StarTech has them

Common, isn't HDMI 2.0 pretty much a requirement for television and VR?  How could they possible not have it, especially after all the crap AMD took on the Fury/fury x/nano for not having it?

Reveal hidden contents

You arent paying $1000 for a VR headset and buying this.. but no they require 1.4 same with TVs (unless 4k60fps in which case $2-3k TV you can afford a DP adapter)

Spoiler

2 of these please

7317_999_msi-geforce-gtx-980-ti-lightnin

7 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

hmm.  but aren't there also DP to DVI adapters as well?  I'd bet StarTech has them, and no one wants the bulk of more crap adapters, leave that stuff for multi monitor peeps to deal with.

Common, isn't HDMI 2.0 pretty much a requirement for television and VR?  How could they possibly not have it, especially after all the crap AMD took on the Fury/fury x/nano for not having it?

Reveal hidden contents

There are a ton of DP to DVI adapters. In fact, they are even better, since they are passive (DP can output a DVI signal natively). DP can output an HDMI 1.4 signal natively, but apparently not an HDMI 2.0 signal. HDMI 2.0 requires an active adapter.

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

There are a ton of DP to DVI adapters. In fact, they are even better, since they are passive (DP can output a DVI signal natively). DP can output an HDMI 1.4 signal natively, but apparently not an HDMI 2.0 signal. HDMI 2.0 requires an active adapter.

Only 60hz DVI though because it is single link. If you want dual link you need active (number of pins is less on DP)

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

Only 60hz DVI though because it is single link. If you want dual link you need active (number of pins is less on DP)

Good point. Anyone using a 120/144Hz+ monitor will want to keep that in mind.

2 hours ago, Stefan1024 said:

No, no, no, no, take that DVI connector away from the card.

Now.

Wholeheartedly disagree. I'd rather not have to buy a DP to VGA adapter

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Good point. Anyone using a 120/144Hz+ monitor will want to keep that in mind.

120 should be a non issue if it supports HDMI 1.4

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

120 should be a non issue if it supports HDMI 1.4

True but we're not talking about HDMI. You specifically referenced DP to DVI adapters.