Powerline working in Linux but not Windows 10?

Jerochy

Hey guys,

I'm messing around with an old asus leonite p5lp-le motherboard and I'm running into some issues. I've had one of these before and I had an issue with audio drivers on windows 10. This one is showing absolutely nothing in the network connections folder, which I'm pretty sure is supposed to have "Local Area Connection" in it by default. I plugged in my powerline adapters and nothing happened. I thought it might be a prob with the motherboard or the lack of drivers, but when I booted up linux lite 2.4, it worked fine. 

I'm thinking windows 10 is just not going to work on this motherboard, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had suggestions on what to do here. 

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it show the network card attached. Does it get a ip?

In windows 10, it's showing nothing. I'm pretty sure when you click on the "wired connection" icon in the lower right hand, and click network settings, on the left it's supposed to show "Ethernet, data usage, vpn, dial up, proxy, wifi" and mine isn't showing ethernet or wifi. I don't have any wireless drivers installed so I wasn't expecting that to work, but I was expecting onboard ethernet to work. 

Also, I know when the motherboard is getting info that the amber light on the left of the ethernet port is supposed to flicker and it's not. The solid green one is on showing the cable is in, but not the amber one.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Have you installed drivers? Id personally look in device manager to make sure it showing up right.

I have not installed any drivers, but I'm not quiet sure what I would need to search for to install the onboard ethernet port drivers. I would understand a wireless card would need drivers, but idk about the good ole ethernet cable?

first thing i'd check is ethernet drivers. if they're not installed, look on the motherboard brand's support website, they should have the right one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, Jerochy said:

I have not installed any drivers, but I'm not quiet sure what I would need to search for to install the onboard ethernet port drivers. I would understand a wireless card would need drivers, but idk about the good ole ethernet cable?

You need drivers for ethernet. Go install them. Look in device manager for the model.

13 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You need drivers for ethernet. Go install them. Look in device manager for the model.

14 minutes ago, terrytek said:

first thing i'd check is ethernet drivers. if they're not installed, look on the motherboard brand's support website, they should have the right one.

Welp I'm looking around and can't even find the drivers for this motherboard.

4 minutes ago, Jerochy said:

Welp I'm looking around and can't even find the drivers for this motherboard.

Look at the model of the nic and then download the drives from whoever makes it(intel, realtek, killer)

This board is so old that Windows should have a driver for it.  It uses an Intel 82562V chipset for the LAN.

Honestly I'm not surprised, Windows 10 doesn't work on anything.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

On 7/10/2016 at 6:27 AM, awesomes8wc3 said:

This board is so old that Windows should have a driver for it.  It uses an Intel 82562V chipset for the LAN.

Honestly I'm not surprised, Windows 10 doesn't work on anything.

On 7/7/2016 at 0:39 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it show the network card attached. Does it get a ip?

On 7/7/2016 at 0:48 PM, terrytek said:

Yeah incase you guys were wondering, I just installed windows 7 on it and everything is working fine now. I guess windows 10 isn't for everything.