Intel Drivers "PC does not meet the minimum requirements"? :/

EvilNeo

i've recently build my first true gaming PC (yay) and installed drivers and stuff, right now i'm connecting my monitor to my Nvidia GPU and i only have the Nvidia GPU driver installed
but i want to install the IGPU of intel processor as well, so i went to intel's website and downloaded the 64 bit version of the IGPU driver
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=873
but when i run it it says " this computer does not meet the minimum requirements"
now everyone that suggests a solution for this says "maybe you downloaded a wrong driver" or "you probably downloaded the 32 bit version" but i didn't
so any idea how to install that thing?

Make sure the iGPU is active in the bios settings, as quite often by default they will disable it if you have another GPU in system. Also, sometimes I see that error message if the PC is way behind on Windows Updates.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

Make sure the iGPU is active in the bios settings, as quite often by default they will disable it if you have another GPU in system. Also, sometimes I see that error message if the PC is way behind on Windows Updates.

okay im gonna check next time i reboot
by the way, can i run a game on the IGPU and have my monitor connected to the Nvidia GPU?
or do i have to connect the monitor directly to the motherboard to be able to view what the IGPU does?

Game on the discrete graphics and have a second monitor connected to the integrated for web browsing.  Otherwise if you don't need a second monitor, no need for the intel graphics at all.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

7 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

can i run a game on the IGPU and have my monitor connected to the Nvidia GPU?
or do i have to connect the monitor directly to the motherboard to be able to view what the IGPU does?

4 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

Game on the discrete graphics and have a second monitor connected to the integrated for web browsing.  Otherwise if you don't need a second monitor, no need for the intel graphics at all.

so that's a no?

8 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

by the way, can i run a game on the IGPU and have my monitor connected to the Nvidia GPU?

Depending onthe nvidia gpu it probabbly would run games better then the intel igpu, and you can connect more then one display to the dgpu.

Does your cpu have integrated graphics, or is it a motherboard addition?

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

The graphics card is far more powerful than the integrated graphics.  There's no reason for using them unless you want to run a second monitor from it.

*Maybe* if the multi-brand multiple GPU functions of DX12 take off and scale well - but that would only be for DX12 content.

However - just to be clear - exact models of your hardware would help to determine.  It is possible your video card isn't worth using compared to the integrated graphics, but not very likely.

5 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Depending onthe nvidia gpu it probabbly would run games better then the intel igpu, and you can connect more then one display to the dgpu.

Does your cpu have integrated graphics, or is it a motherboard addition?

inbound details:
GPU:gtx 980ti extreme waterforce
CPU: i7 6700k
win: 10
now you're probably thinking" why the hell would you want to game on the IGPU?!?!"
that's because my monitor sucks and my Nvidia GPU is OP
i have certain problems with some games especially with farcry 4 the game runs at TONS-O-FPS like 1000~3000 but that's on the main menu and the intro video, problem is that the game crashes after the intro video ends, also the game crashes when i try to apply V sync on the game options so i was thinking that i might just pass the intro by using the IGPU and tweak the settings then i reopen the game with the Nvidia GPU

5 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

inbound details:
GPU:gtx 980ti extreme waterforce
CPU: i7 6700k
win: 10
now you're probably thinking" why the hell would you want to game on the IGPU?!?!"
that's because my monitor sucks and my Nvidia GPU is OP
i have certain problems with some games especially with farcry 4 the game runs at TONS-O-FPS like 1000~3000 but that's on the main menu and the intro video, problem is that the game crashes after the intro video ends, also the game crashes when i try to apply V sync on the game options so i was thinking that i might just pass the intro by using the IGPU and tweak the settings then i reopen the game with the Nvidia GPU

Nvidia drivers do have an option to cap fps, but I would suggest also reinstalling the game and drivers to make sure that there are no issues with either of those.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Ok - well to get the drivers for you onboard video - I would think they would be bundled with your motherboard chipset drivers - if not they should be built directly into windows 10.  Could attempt removing the video card from the system entirely since it sounds like what you're looking to do is a one time only thing.
Have you played those games on Windows 10 before?  Could potentially be a Windows version issue and not a video card issue.

6 hours ago, EvilNeo said:

The iGPU isn't going to be enabled if there's a GPU installed AND if there are no monitor connected to it.

The GPU you use is the one there's a monitor connected to, so if you only have 1 monitor, then you'll have to use the other inputs on the monitor (if it has any).

ie: 980 plugged into input #1 and iGPU plugged into input #2. Then to "switch" GPU, you press the input button on the monitor... but that's far from being optimal...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

6 hours ago, Cracklingice said:

Any luck?

well i haven't checked on the BIOS yet but according to what wkdpaul said it's not worth it to even check it out
well nevertheless i've tried enabling V sync on Nvidia control panel for "farcry 4 application" only and it worked and the game is running just fine at a locked 60 fps despite yet when trying to enable V sync at the ingame options the game still crashes but that's pointless now

10 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

well i haven't checked on the BIOS yet but according to what wkdpaul said it's not worth it to even check it out
well nevertheless i've tried enabling V sync on Nvidia control panel for "farcry 4 application" only and it worked and the game is running just fine at a locked 60 fps despite yet when trying to enable V sync at the ingame options the game still crashes but that's pointless now

Sorry if I wasn't clear, you might still need to enable the iGPU in the BIOS, my Z87 doesn't seem to like it if I leave the setting to AUTO when using both the GPU and iGPU, so if you ever need to use the iGPU, you might need to play with a few settings in your BIOS!

Good thing you were able to make it work without using the iGPU! :)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !