AMD Takes The CPU Performance Crown For The First Time in Almost a Decade.

ill tell u my story 

the only reason i bought  to amd is it was cheaper at the moment and gives decent performance 

and if they release a new cpu or gpu which is crap and has higher price then intel trust me ill buy intel or if intel is cheaper and has better performance :)

hope u get the point ...

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

ill tell u my story 

the only reason i bought  to amd is it was cheaper at the moment and gives decent performance 

and if they release a new cpu or gpu which is crap and has higher price then intel trust me ill buy intel or if intel is cheaper and has better performance :)

hope u get the point ...

If AMD releases a new crap cpu(which isn't going to happen), I'm going back to my QX9650 until it dies.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

If AMD releases a new crap cpu(which isn't going to happen), I'm going back to my QX9650 until it dies.

well 9350 is pretty much crap i don't see a difference in it and 8350 or u can change my view explaining how it is better 

i always like to learn :) do not get me wrong i am not a fan boy 

i just think its crap cause i think its just factory over clocked and does not have much improvement over 8350 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

well 9350 is pretty much crap i don't see a difference in it and 8350 or u can change my view explaining how it is better 

It's basically an 8350 overclocked to 4.4GHz.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i always like to learn :) do not get me wrong i am not a fan boy 

i just think its crap cause i think its just factory over clocked and does not have much improvement over 8350 

When i said QX9650, I'm talking about the Intel Core 2 Quad QX9650 from 2008, which was the last Intel cpu I purchased.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

They're not going to release many CPUs now. Give it a couple of years and they will no longer make CPUs at all. They're pretty much said as much recently. They're stepping away from CPUs completely now. If Steamroller does happen it'll be AM3's swan song.

Five or more years ago AMD put a slogan on their site. "The future is Fusion". Few realised what they were talking about, as at the time they launched a software app called Fusion that was used to make games run better. All it did was disable your anti virus whilst you were gaming, closed down a few non essential background processes and so on. However, what they really meant was that the future was fusion from an APU sense. IE - a CPU and GPU fused together on one chip. It hasn't happened quickly, but slowly but surely they have completely taken over the low end market. As I mentioned earlier today (possibly somewhere else) at the low end spectrum now there isn't much Intel make that's worth touching if you even so much as mention the word game. Sure, their IPC is fantastic but their onboard GPUs are utter pants. So that means if you buy say a Celeron G530 dual core @ £35 you then need to spend £70 on a GPU to get it to perform the same as an £80 AMD APU.

Not only that but you can overclock that APU using memory frequencies to make the memory faster (as it shares from your system ram) which is awesome.

Give it time? I have no doubt we will see 8 core APUs with something akin to the 7950 for example bolted to them. AMD's API Mantle allows direct handshakes between all of this hardware that's bolted together, which means we are not tied to DX11 any more. This means Linux, Unix, etc. Completely free operating systems. And it all means faster, better games.

So give it a couple of years and Nvidia are also going to be bang in trouble. Mostly because to play the games you simply won't need a high end GPU. Just an APU that you throw in and game away on. 

Nvidia know this only too well, which is why they are moving into the mobile division. Intel are concentrating on low power CPUs that can be used in tablets like the Surface and so on. Because again, when it comes to gaming now AMD have full control. Oh dear, did I just say Nvidia are in trouble? but I can't do that because I have 670s so I must be an Nvidia fanboy !!

It's nothing that sinister. I simply understand how computers work and understand where they, and gaming, are headed.

"Where we're going there are no roads... And IPC won't count for toffee"

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

They're not going to release many CPUs now. Give it a couple of years and they will no longer make CPUs at all. They're pretty much said as much recently. They're stepping away from CPUs completely now. If Steamroller does happen it'll be AM3's swan song.

Five or more years ago AMD put a slogan on their site. "The future is Fusion". Few realised what they were talking about, as at the time they launched a software app called Fusion that was used to make games run better. All it did was disable your anti virus whilst you were gaming, closed down a few non essential background processes and so on. However, what they really meant was that the future was fusion from an APU sense. IE - a CPU and GPU fused together on one chip. It hasn't happened quickly, but slowly but surely they have completely taken over the low end market. As I mentioned earlier today (possibly somewhere else) at the low end spectrum now there isn't much Intel make that's worth touching if you even so much as mention the word game. Sure, their IPC is fantastic but their onboard GPUs are utter pants. So that means if you buy say a Celeron G530 dual core @ £35 you then need to spend £70 on a GPU to get it to perform the same as an £80 AMD APU.

Not only that but you can overclock that APU using memory frequencies to make the memory faster (as it shares from your system ram) which is awesome.

Give it time? I have no doubt we will see 8 core APUs with something akin to the 7950 for example bolted to them. AMD's API Mantle allows direct handshakes between all of this hardware that's bolted together, which means we are not tied to DX11 any more. This means Linux, Unix, etc. Completely free operating systems. And it all means faster, better games.

So give it a couple of years and Nvidia are also going to be bang in trouble. Mostly because to play the games you simply won't need a high end GPU. Just an APU that you throw in and game away on. 

Nvidia know this only too well, which is why they are moving into the mobile division. Intel are concentrating on low power CPUs that can be used in tablets like the Surface and so on. Because again, when it comes to gaming now AMD have full control. Oh dear, did I just say Nvidia are in trouble? but I can't do that because I have 670s so I must be an Nvidia fanboy !!

It's nothing that sinister. I simply understand how computers work and understand where they, and gaming, are headed.

This forum needs more people like you.

It's basically an 8350 overclocked to 4.4GHz.

i thought it was 5 ghz

This forum needs more people like you.

i totally agree with u though its sad we wont see another fx chip damn i was turning into an amd fan boy xD 

You will see another FX chip, just not in the guise you are used to. AMD will carry on using their core structure, only they will add a GPU to it.

Socket FM2 is their future. 

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

You will see another FX chip, just not in the guise you are used to. AMD will carry on using their core structure, only they will add a GPU to it.

Socket FM2 is their future. 

i know but i bought an am3+ T_T thats it sucks for me lol xD 

FX 6300 is great value for price :)

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

FX 6300 is great value for price :)

so is the 8350

so is the 8350

So is the 6350

So is the 6350

It's an overclocked 6300 that costs $30 more. I wouldn't exactly call it a great value.

The PC upgrade market is going to come to a crawl soon. You simply won't need to upgrade. Well, maybe for the odd game here and there that is actually made from the ground up for PC (like Arma, and, well I can't even think of any others).

The race is pretty much coming to a conclusion. Clock speeds are not really getting much higher, it's not about shrinking dies and reducing power consumption. Which is good for laptops and tablets.

AMD have secured their nest egg, Intel now need to find one. Not quite sure what will happen to Nvidia, but maybe they should stop letting brain dead monkeys price their products (I'm talking about Titan of course, ridiculous price).

It's an overclocked 6300 that costs $30 more. I wouldn't exactly call it a great value.

At microcenter it costs the same price as a 6300.

The PC upgrade market is going to come to a crawl soon. You simply won't need to upgrade. Well, maybe for the odd game here and there that is actually made from the ground up for PC (like Arma, and, well I can't even think of any others).

The race is pretty much coming to a conclusion. Clock speeds are not really getting much higher, it's not about shrinking dies and reducing power consumption. Which is good for laptops and tablets.

AMD have secured their nest egg, Intel now need to find one. Not quite sure what will happen to Nvidia, but maybe they should stop letting brain dead monkeys price their products (I'm talking about Titan of course, ridiculous price).

brain dead monkeys lol 

When I bought it, it was the same price.

Good buy.

Good buy.

Good bye

I do believe Nvidia already has their "nest egg" planned with maxwell. Maxwell is supposed to have an integrated arm cpu on the card, this may eventually develop into the full power cpu that games run on. Eventually, there may be no need for a new cpu and mobo, but rather a new gpu(gaming processing unit) that you simply plug into your pci-e slot. Other programs like fraps and firefox run on the x86 cpu and ram on the motherboard, but games will be entirely run on the gpu, putting no load on the normal x86 cpu. This could mean that gamers don't need to spend more money every generation on a new cpu and motherboard.

Maxwell could be the beginning of the future, but right now we have nothing but speculation and hope.