AMD Takes The CPU Performance Crown For The First Time in Almost a Decade.

Yay, now Intel has a reason to take their fist out of their ass and do something else than release 3x the same CPU with less power consumption and worse overclockability.

But for the looks at the moment, my next rig update is going to be an AMD Cpu.

Same for graphics cards. Nothing but trouble with my 680s. Back to ATI as I always have. ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

That is BS the 3970x is better than the 9590 in everything except maybe the BF4 beta that is optimized for amd chips so that isn't really a fair comparison. Once BF4 is optimized for intel CPUs then this chart will look a lot different

but it wont be cause EA and AMD are sleeping with each other

I smell competition.... and I hope Intel can finally put out more cores for the dollar...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You better get used to it, all future games will be optimized for the AMD CPUs.

All future CONSOLE ports will be optimized for AMD CPUs, PC exclusives will be optimized for multi core but not necessarily AMD 

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

you obviously dont know what butthurt is,,,

The tittle doesnt say AMD delivers better performance in BF4 but "AMD takes the cpu performance crown for the first time in almost a decade", huge difference in meaning

the fact that ur taking this title so seriously is kinda insane. who cares what OP says in his title just look at the benchmark and make proper intellectual statements based on the actual information given. 

Yay, now Intel has a reason to take their fist out of their ass and do something else than release 3x the same CPU with less power consumption and worse overclockability.

But for the looks at the moment, my next rig update is going to be an AMD Cpu.

Same for graphics cards. Nothing but trouble with my 680s. Back to ATI as I always have. ^^

i always thouhgt i was the only one that liked AMD gpus over nvidia. i have always had issues with nvidia and not AMD :P but everyone i hear says the opposite

It seems like they picked a very strange resolution. I'm guessing they used weird setting that most people wouldn't use so that the 9590 beat the 3970X/3930K by a small margin.

That's a ridiculous thing to say, so if Intel doesn't win something bust be wrong right ? that's the most biased thing I've ever heard.

The ONLY reason the AMD CPUs didn't perform well in some games in the past is because you have 8 cores and the game would only use to or 3, essentially using only 20-30% of the CPUs potential.

We have sloppy developers to blame for that, they just threw everything on one thread because it's easier & because Intel likes it that way, makes them look better.

the fact that ur taking this title so seriously is kinda insane. who cares what OP says in his title just look at the benchmark and make proper intellectual statements based on the actual information given. 

Oh sorry that im not mislead by titles. Yay the top of the line AMD cpu equalizes the top of the line Intel cpu in one game,which is in its beta stage but is miles behind in everything else. Is that intellectual enough for you? 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Can you people plz stop being just well... retarded.  LOOK at the core speeds AMD needs to even match performance -__-.... ITS INSANE people!!!  Your compairing 3.5ghz intel  to 5.0 ghz amd and amd still cant win.....  If you oc any of those intel chips even .2 mhz  this chart would be fliped upside down.

You fail to realize that Intel Ghz != AMD Ghz

Who's the retard now? ^^

That's a ridiculous thing to say, so if Intel doesn't win something bust be wrong right ? that's the most biased thing I've ever heard.

The ONLY reason the AMD CPUs didn't perform well in some games in the past is because you have 8 cores and the game would only use to or 3, essentially using only 20-30% of the CPUs potential.

We have sloppy developers to blame for that, they just threw everything on one thread because it's easier & because Intel likes it that way, makes them look better.

I WANT AMD to beat Intel, But who the hell benchmarks at 1680x1050?

Who's the retard now? ^^

ROFL   .2 mhz  u know what Freq : 8794.33 MHz is right???  I dont think you do

Can you people plz stop being just well... retarded.  LOOK at the core speeds AMD needs to even match performance -__-.... ITS INSANE people!!!  Your compairing 3.5ghz intel  to 5.0 ghz amd and amd still cant win.....  If you oc any of those intel chips even .2 mhz  this chart would be fliped upside down.

It's all about IPC performance. Which AMD (unfortunately) does not have atm. I hope that they can get their shit together and give me better IPC so that way they can compete with Intel and not just make the Clock rate stupid high to compensate.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

so now ur butthurt? i know ur being a dick but honestly saying that is like 99 times better than everything u said b4

hahah i havent provided nothing but facts and all you can really do to defend your point of view is call me a dick and being butthurt.

1/10 for trolling, better luck next time

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Who's the retard now? ^^

1GHz=1GHz? Then why does a 3.8GHz 4670K destroy a 4.2GHz FX-4350? Because Bulldozer cores are weaker than Haswell cores. Per clock, Intel has much stronger cores than AMD.

Grow up, or go fulfill your username.

? ive been fairly civil about this.

my username is a gaming reference so im not sure where ur going with that

If you oc any of those intel chips even .2 mhz  this chart would be fliped upside down.

No. Just no. That statement is loaded.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

clock speeds stoppped being a thing back in the P4, when comparing intel and AMD that is. its more about actual architecture now..... the fact that you brought up clock speeds in the first place makes u the retarded one tbh

if you OC the 3960x to 5GHz as the 9590 is, then it'll be ahead, you do realize that a 1.5GHz difference is quite a lot right? Not knowing that makes you look like the retarded one tbh

1GHz=1GHz? Then why does a 3.8GHz 4670K destroy a 4.2GHz FX-4350? Because Bulldozer cores are weaker than Haswell cores. Per clock, Intel has much stronger cores than AMD.

"!=" means "unequal"

so now ur butthurt? i know ur being a dick but honestly saying that is like 99 times better than everything u said b4

No insults. It goes against the CoC. If it continues, I will report the thread. This goes for everyone.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's all about IPC performance. Which AMD (unfortunately) does not have atm. I hope that they can get their shit together and give me better IPC so that way they can compete with Intel and not just make the Clock rate stupid high to compensate.

Thats EXACTLY what people don't even look at or even understand.   GO find me ONE amd cpu on futuremark hall of fame if they sooooo good right?! LOL I had a 8120, I got tired of being rolled because I bench.  I switch to intel and BOOM!!!!     http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/ice+storm+3dmark+score+extreme+preset/version+1.1/1+gpu

it was just the presentation of the facts that made you a dick....

well i wasnt trolling so i guess that score is a good thing then

Sorry if the facts hurt

Can everyone stop being fanny troubled?!?! WHO IS RUSTLING YOUR JIMMIES?!?!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Calm down, no need to call other people names.

Would you stop for a second & look at the prices.... the AMD CPUs are beating intel CPUs that cost twice as much...

The 3970X has an actual clock speed of 3.7Ghz, 3930K has an actual clock speed of 3.5Ghz.

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/corei7/sb/CS-032279.htm?wapkw=turbo+core

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/corei7ee/sb/CS-032277.htm?wapkw=turbo+core

The 9370 actually has a clock speed of 4.4Ghz on all 8 cores, only goes up to 4.7 when two cores are used, similarly the 9590 has a clock speed of 4.7 on all 8 cores & only goes to 5.0Ghz on two cores.

Also keep in mind that the AMD CPUs overclock much better than the intel ones, on the same cooling you'll get 500mhz+ more on an amd FX chip than on a haswell or ivy bridge chip.