Thermene launches a Graphene Oxide based thermal paste

ttam

Thermene launched a new product based on graphene - the Thermene Graphene Thermal Paste is based on graphene-oxide flakes and is aimed towards CPU cooling. The company just started selling this new product a few days ago.

The company says this about the TIM;

"Thermene is a highly advanced thermal compound (paste) that is unlike any thermal paste ever before seen. Thermene blows every other consumer thermal compound out of the water. The secret to Thermene's amazing performance is the incredible substance called graphene."

thermene_finished_productphoto_3_1024x10

- No Aluminum

- 3c to 17c difference in temperatures

- Very easy to apply

- 10 hour cure time

Source:

http://www.graphene-info.com/thermene-launches-graphene-oxide-based-thermal-paste-cpu-cooling

Company Site & How to buy:

http://thermene.com/products/thermene

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I like the cure time on it :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Possibly the only TIM I've considered buying

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Now I might actually have to reapply thermal paste for once, very intriguing and cool use for graphene. It is breaking into the mainstream!

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

ok guys

we need a coolant with Graphene inside !

also

coated graphene air coolers

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It might be fun to see a group on here get together and test this new one out as a forum project of sorts.  We could see how it does in real world computers in popular cpu/cooler combinations vs. their existing set up. Hell we likely could find many people with many of the same parts to do something like this to help keep the comparisons similar at least. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

does it conduct electricity? 

Possibly the only TIM I've considered buying

what exactly have you been using up til now?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

what exactly have you been using up til now?

Yet to build my PC :P but I haven't even looked at TIM until this, didn't seem really worth it.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Yet to build my PC :P but I haven't even looked at TIM until this, didn't seem really worth it.

so if this hadn't come along, you wouldn't have used any TIM at all? 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

so if this hadn't come along, you wouldn't have used any TIM at all?

Probably would have used the TIM that came with my cooler

I would be really wary of this, there are no hard facts on their page, 3-17° better is very very vague. No hard numbers for the Thermalconductivity is a little STOP sign for me.

Though I have read about some experiments that involve graphene being used to interface the IHS and a traditional Copper/Aluminum heatsink with good results, I don't think this site is legit. Seriously, read some of the blog posts. There are lots of grammar mistakes, they only carry this one product, and there is no mention of it being sold anywhere else.

| CPU: 2600K @ 4.5 GHz 1.325V | MB: ASUS P8Z68-V pro | GPU: EVGA GTX 480 clk 865/mem 2100 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz CL9 | HDD: Muskin Chronos Deluxe 240GB(win8) && ADATA SX900 120 GB(ubuntu 12.04) | PSU: Seasonic x760 |

Graphene is one of the most conductive materials on Earth, although that doesn't really matter.

The compound isn't 100% graphene, so there is no telling whether it is conductive or not (I'm betting on not).

Arctic Silver 5 contains silver which is even more conductive than copper.  The AS5 compound however, is not conductive.

Also, the heat shield on a CPU is not charged so even if your thermal compound was conductive, it wouldn't do anything.  You'd just have to be more careful about dripping it on the motherboard or in the socket.