Will the PSU enough for this build?

Planning to get the Corsair CX 600M PSU Bronze Certified. (600W) for ...

CPU: FX-8320

Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX-UD3

GPU: Asus R9 390 STRIX 8GB

SSD: Adata SP550 120GB 

HDD: Seagate 1TB

Ram: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB

Planning to OC cpu and gpu for a bit. 

Will that 600W be enough?

Thanks

That is probably the CX600, don't get it. Get an XFX TS 550W and be happy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

No it would not be enough,if you plan on getting this build just leave it and ask the community to build you a pc for your budget...

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, The Realist said:

No it would not be enough,if you plan on getting this build just leave it and ask the community to build you a pc for your budget...

if no OC involved, will it be enough? 

or ... how much Wattage of PSU do you recommend? 

3 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Lol, it'd be more than enough with OC, stop pissing on peoples dreams, its just advised for a different brand PSU, Possibly Evga or XFX.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

2 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

get a 500W seasonic, super flower or delta

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

It's not about the wattage but the quality of the unit.

And an R9 390 no OC with a CX600 is probably fine but we call it an "unnecessary risk".

there's so much wrong here...

- if you insist on an amd processor, *please* wait on zen

- asus arent the most OC friendly gpu's they're not built for that

- 120GB SSD is a waste of money, 240 is MUCH better price per GB, and actually wont make you kill yourself over the limited space on your C drive.

- its not that the CX will detonate the moment you push the power button, its that in most cases you can get much, MUCH better quality power supplies for the same price.

2 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

Lol, it'd be more than enough with OC, stop pissing on peoples dreams, its just advised for a different brand PSU, Possibly Evga or XFX.

Why the fuck dont you think first? just the CPU with the card draws 400W not mention the rest of the build which is arround 470-500-ish watts the 8320 and r9 390 would use somewhat around 600-ish watts he just asked me to say if the PSU would hold up i said it wont,i left the other part for the rest of the community

2 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Why the fuck dont you think first? just the CPU with the card draws 400W not mention the rest of the build which is arround 470-500-ish watts the 8320 and r9 390 would use somewhat around 600-ish watts he just asked me to say if the PSU would hold up i said it wont,i left the other part for the rest of the community

and beyond that, it's just known fact that corsair CX isnt made for "harsh enviroments".

8 minutes ago, The Realist said:

You was clearly talking about the wattage within your post post, saying it wouldn't be enough, which it is (IF ADVISED TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER BRAND OF PSU)

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

3 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

You was clearly talking about the wattage within your post post, saying it wouldn't be enough, which it is (IF ADVISED TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER BRAND OF PSU)

Its not FUCKING ENOUGH , 600w is the total system draw with the OC + its a CX Series PSU which is nowhere near to the word "Overclocking"

10 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Its not FUCKING ENOUGH , 600w is the total system draw with the OC + its a CX Series PSU which is nowhere near to the word "Overclocking"

a 550W XFX TS would be enough for this system. In gaming, the system won't draw more than 450W when overclocked.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

a 550W XFX TS would be enough for this system. In gaming, the system won't draw more than 450W when overclocked.

Umm can i correct you http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zmR7hq heres his build and check the "Total Wattage"

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Umm can i correct you http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zmR7hq heres his build and check the "Total Wattage"

Umm, you can correct me when you're actually right, which you're not in this case. PCPartPicker only adds up the estimated TDP values and says it's the total wattage, which it's not.

Here is the total power consumption of a system that is made of an R9 390 and an i7-4790K overclocked to 4,5gHz during gameplay of The Witcher 3.

plVS8Ix.png

Where comparing a FX 8320 which is a hungry motherfucker vs a i7 4790K + if you plan on overclocking a FX 8320 it would cause you to create a bakery

6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Where comparing a FX 8320 which is a hungry motherfucker vs a i7 4790K + if you plan on overclocking a FX 8320 it would cause you to create a bakery

System containing an R9 290X and an FX-8350 OC'd to 4,7gHz.:

Note how the power consumption never went above 450Watts when paired an FX-8350 @4,7gHz and an R9 290X. Which draws a similar amount of power as the 390.
Source:
http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/2014/november/fx-8350_power_to_performance

JVzEF0M.png

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

-Snip-

Thanks for backing me up:) Some people don't understand that total wattage doesn't mean it will hit that high, or even get close.

so.. the thing about pcpp's wattage is that from my experience it is a VERY close number to energy draw from the wall, in a total 100% load scenario.

NOW... you wont hit that while gaming, but you *do* need to take it into account in case it does happen, and at that point if your psu cant take it, you'll go nuclear.

besides, whatever happened to leaving headroom in your psu? while a quality 550 watt unit will suffice, that means if OP adds a few hard drives he's suddenly potentially at his power limit, its THAT close.

--

i'm not gonna say OP *has* to get a higher wattage psu than a quality 550 watt unit, i'm saying that i advise him doing so, leaving it up to him to take the risk or spend more to play safe.