NVidia released GeForce Experience 3.0

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It is very simple really. If you don't like the account system, simply refuse to make one, and find another source to get the drivers.
Or don't, and complain about gaming performance. Nvidia will have to go back.

I still believe that Nvidia will want to charge for game ready driver support. You'll buy a graphics card, and have on it, like 1 or 2 years support, and you have to pay for additional year support.

Is Nvidia trying to persuade people to quit PC GAMING? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

19 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

That would be terrible ._.

I don't think they will do this, but lock other major updates ... def. Like when  they retro introduced dx 12 for older cards. Something like this will end up behind a pay wall. Or shadow play but not game drivers. Basically the extra fluff.

AMD's RadeOn Settings has been such a huge success, it made GE look like Windows 95. No wonder they changed it. Looks quite nice though. I'm always interested in nicer GUI's.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Notional said:

AMD's RadeOn Settings has been such a huge success, it made GE look like Windows 95. No wonder they changed it. Looks quite nice though. I'm always interested in nicer GUI's.

Now if it loaded faster than IE :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Now if it loaded faster than IE :D

RadeOn Settings is lightning fast. Maybe it's a problem with your plebtop :P

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Notional said:

RadeOn Settings is lightning fast. Maybe it's a problem with your plebtop :P

850 EVO and a quad-core with HT. Definitely not bottlenecked there.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

4 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

850 EVO and a quad-core with HT. Definitely not bottlenecked there.

GFE is just crap is all. I do wonder if they made it lightning fast like RadeOn Settings. Seriously, opening RS is instant. My MX Master activates the switch i tiny bit before it makes the click sound. RS is open before I hear the second click (you need to double click to open it). It's insane.

total garbage, where is the control panel integration and revamp? gtfo nvidia cheapos

14 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Good. It looks much better. A nice competition to AMD much improved Control Panel which looks real nice.

I mean it doesn't try to have this "gamer look", nor a race car, just professional.

Now Nvidia Control Panel should do away with IE integration and takes 5h to load, and update that as well. I mean it still has XP icons on it.

isnt it ME/2000 icons?

12 hours ago, Rune said:

Ugly. Much preferred the "current" look. My screen isn't 5 inches wide on PC. Give me some text I can read without a ****ing microscope.

Edit: Also, why is share/shadowplay still separate? That's dumb.

I would like to retract this. Text size can be changed, and GFE now launches in half a second flat versus the 30 seconds it took before.

Long live GFE beta.

35 minutes ago, Prysin said:

isnt it ME/2000 icons?

Nope. Windows XP.

winxppro.png

This is when they introduced this new control panel. The old one was under Display Advanced Properties (the panel where you set the refresh rate of the monitor).

(I can't find a picture of it quickly)

I upgraded and got the same BSOD as others, system rebooted and it's been fine since. 

I'm liking it so far, it's got an almost identical GUI to my Shield so I'm already familiar with it. Game optimisation has always worked well for me. 

Overall good update. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

32 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Nope. Windows XP.

This is when they introduced this new control panel. The old one was under Display Advanced Properties (the panel where you set the refresh rate of the monitor).

(I can't find a picture of it quickly)

Not entirely accurate, the original XP control panel was like this

nvidia.jpg

The one from 9x/2K that your referring to was like this 

gf3200_display_properties_geforce3ti200.

The current one was introduced towards the end of XPs life, certainly after SP2 and maybe even after SP3. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

It's actually good for a laugh i.e. Hear about the 1070 user that got recommended "optimal" Witcher 3 settings with full hairworks and medium fucking textures?

Sounds about right.  I've seen some really stupid settings come out of that tool.  When they launched it it seemed great but it hasn't been useful for me in at least a year.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Sounds about right.  I've seen some really stupid settings come out of that tool.  When they launched it it seemed great but it hasn't been useful for me in at least a year.

Yep, last night I forgot that it ran for Fallout 4 too and I was like "WTF is going on 40 fps on a 1070?" Then I checked and shadow distance was on ultra bringing up that lovely draw call issue.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yep, last night I forgot that it ran for Fallout 4 too and I was like "WTF is going on 40 fps on a 1070?" Then I checked and shadow distance was on ultra bringing up that lovely draw call issue.

Oh you have it set to apply the new settings automatically? xD Yeah I would turn that off ASAP :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh you have it set to apply the new settings automatically? xD Yeah I would turn that off ASAP :P 

Yep got rid of it. I seem to recall an "undo settings" thingie but maybe that was on the AMD whatever tool so I just removed that and manually set my games again, like the PC gods intended.

-------

Current Rig

-------

53 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Not entirely accurate, the original XP control panel was like this

nvidia.jpg

The one from 9x/2K that your referring to was like this 

That is the Windows 2000 and (I think, but not sure) late 98/Me one. If you click on one of the tabs, you have that side floating panel appear like the XP one.

The second picture you have, is Windows 95/98 early days.

The "new" panel was introduce under Windows XP days. Yes, that is what I have been saying.

13 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

You made it sound like this was Release. It is a BETA. It is NOT Released. You may want to update your post and title.

I updated it.

Added tag in title.

7 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

You see, you didn't pay them. That's the issue. There is a mandatory 5$ fee for each Game Ready driver./s

Ok so the verification email took only 2 hours to arrive.

Good job Nvidia!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

That is the Windows 2000 and (I think, but not sure) late 98/Me one. If you click on one of the tabs, you have that side floating panel appear like the XP one.

The second picture you have, is Windows 95/98 early days.

The "new" panel was introduce under Windows XP days. Yes, that is what I have been saying.

It says XP SP2 in the screenshot?

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

It says XP SP2 in the screenshot?

Doesn't matter. I can also install my GeForce 4 MX, and I'll get the current Nvidia Control Panel, or install the ones on disk that came with it, and get that one, and no matter the OS (ok well Windows Vista and up for a GeForce 4 MX will probably not work... (especially that it is like a GeForce 3) but, I can put Windows 98 or Windows 2000 or XP.

I just hope that the bloody thing is not written in C# this time.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

On 01/07/2016 at 6:14 AM, GoodBytes said:

Ansel is a feature that game developers needs to implement.

Where is it mentioned in the driver software though?