RX 480 - DownloadMoreRAM.com

DXMember
7 hours ago, App4that said:

Depends on your definition of "chip"

The architecture is the same, but the care after completion is, well completely different. A multitude of analogies flood by brain, but you get it.

no, it's absolutely the same, if take the dies and put them under a microscope,

they are the same thing, i3 just has some stuff laser cut on it (just like shoving a knife through the apple bag in our previous analogy) - in the i3 two cores and some cache is shoved with a knife to make it bad and the clockspeed is reduced by a firmware, in the i5 some cache is shoved with a knife and both hyper threading are locked away and clock speed reduced by a firmware 

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

YESSSSSSSSSSS.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

5 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

LTT fucked me over, so you might wanna check my edited reply.

But yeah, I'm gonna assume that the 4GB models have the full 4GB and the extra RAM that's probably defective, and they shipped 8GB models to the reviewers with custom BIOSes to lock the RAM out if they wanted to.

you would think the RAM on there is defective, but it comes from Samsung's manufacturing, and it's quite unlikely someone would buy defective RAM from Samsung in the first place, it might however be flawed in a way that it doesn't do 8Gbps at the required power threshold but still functional - that's what makes us believe that the retail cards can also be flashed to have 8GB

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

11 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

very disappointed sigh

What I'm getting at is that review samples have 8GB but a BIOS to lock the last 4GB of VRAM but the cards probably have the RAM on already, but more than likely defective.

I don't see an issue here, honestly. The R9 290 was like that. Granted, in a different manner, but still.

Don't they check ram modules before installing them on the card? 

And there is is no issue here. He just has his panties in a bunch and then shoved so far up his own ass you can see it sticking out of his mouth.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 6/29/2016 at 0:31 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

Retail cards will be 4GB or 8GB.

They aren't going to put 8GB on all cards and lock half of it away. All it takes is a BIOS flash and you've an 8GB card for the price of the 4GB card. 

AMD aren't stupid. The 6950 core unlocking was hilarious but they aren't going to repeat it like this. 

My 6950 never unlocked :(