Why is it taking so long for the RX480 to arrive to Amazon?

haiimbacon

Like , yeah I get it that they need to stock - but they had all this time , why do we/I/You/That/They need to wait up to 24 days from the official release to actually start selling it on there? whats taking them so long? I was trying so hard to be patient and wait for today just to see that - nope. None for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/electronics/284822/ref=zg_b_hnr_284822_1

" Date first available at Amazon.com: June 11, 2016

" Date first available at Amazon.com: June 18, 2016 "

" Date first available at Amazon.com: June 25, 2016

this is so frustrating :<

any special reasons? D:

the official release is tomorrow

what the heck are you talking about

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

the official release is tomorrow

what the heck are you talking about

today if you're in the central US or similar

I am so ready to see the benchmarks.

I used to be quite active here.

1 hour ago, haiimbacon said:

Like , yeah I get it that they need to stock - but they had all this time , why do we/I/You/That/They need to wait up to 24 days from the official release to actually start selling it on there? whats taking them so long? I was trying so hard to be patient and wait for today just to see that - nope. None for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/electronics/284822/ref=zg_b_hnr_284822_1

" Date first available at Amazon.com: June 11, 2016

" Date first available at Amazon.com: June 18, 2016 "

" Date first available at Amazon.com: June 25, 2016

this is so frustrating :<

any special reasons? D:

Its still early for release, well at least in the US. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

idk im just afraid i'll need to wait another 2-3 weeks for the card. and the release is today , the 29th.

(p.s. , timezones, please.)

2 minutes ago, haiimbacon said:

idk im just afraid i'll need to wait another 2-3 weeks for the card. and the release is today , the 29th.

(p.s. , timezones, please.)

I read somewhere, June 29 9 AM EST

So in about 6-8 hours

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, haiimbacon said:

Unfortunately release day isn't 00:01 on 29th...it's somewhere during the day and Amazon isn't their main seller so it won't be on there immediately.

Your 1st post is an example of uninformed person. U mention some "24 days" that would be in late July....

The screenshot is useless since the official release day is 29th but it doesn't mean it's going to be available in every single e-store/store.

The green writing is most likely for the listing of the card not the actual availability in stock ready to be sold on launch date.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Amazon had the 8GB RX 480 listed for $250 earlier, but the listing disappeared. I'm guessing that they took it down to comply with the official release date and time.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

5 minutes ago, Thony said:

Unfortunately release day isn't 00:01 on 29th...it's somewhere during the day and Amazon isn't their main seller so it won't be on there immediately.

Your 1st post is an example of uninformed person. U mention some "24 days" that would be in late July....

The screenshot is useless since the official release day is 29th but it doesn't mean it's going to be available in every single e-store/store.

The green writing is most likely for the listing of the card not the actual availability in stock ready to be sold on launch date.

OH SHOOT IM BEING SUCH A DUMB NUT >.<

It says JUNE i was sure NEXT MONTH is JUNE and i was like I DON'T WANNA WAIT and im like AHHH D::: im so sorry.

Lol.

how can I wash the shame?

KW42nBA.gif

HERE! STARE AT THIS MY MINIONS! 

nvm me , i mjust silly , I was sure next month is june and waiting until 11th and blah and im just , im sorry i mjust really excited and nervous , i'll just sit back down. 

Happy launch day ;_; <3