TF2 RUINED MY SON

DeViLzzz

I would quite happily pay money for the unusual.

Unfortunately my son decided to trade away the unusual and now it is harder for me to figure out there what he has and what it is worth.  He has a Bill's Hat and I think I know what that is worth but not totally sure.  I was not into this game at all like he was.  I rarely played it.

I have to put together a list and values over time and then go from there.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Unfortunately my son decided to trade away the unusual and now it is harder for me to figure out there what he has and what it is worth.  He has a Bill's Hat and I think I know what that is worth but not totally sure.  I was not into this game at all like he was.  I rarely played it.

look up his steam account on http://backpack.tf/pricelist or pm me a link to his profile and i can use that to check if his account has anything of value 

I might be interested in the Bills Hat. Add me in Steam to talk - Machiavellian

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

im 15 i play games all day (literally) my parents dont mind, it has had no negative impact on my life i.e family friends and education.

my opinion let him burn out, he will eventually get bored of it 

I hope you understand that there is video game addiction.  I have come off it myself when I played WOW.  I had the same symptoms as a drug user.

The gaming addiction syndrome: your bored in front of the computer but everything else seems even more boring.

Im not sure how it happens and what causes it exactly. I only have my semi-reliable thoughts.

You can game a lot without being ''addicted'' at all.

repetitive games and games that aren't mind challenging have higher chance of causing the syndrome I named

Im talking runescape for exemple.

''

im 15 i play games all day (literally) my parents dont mind, it has had no negative impact on my life i.e family friends and education.

my opinion let him burn out, he will eventually get bored of it ''

Same here, it doesnt stop me from going out or acting like any other normal person. It doesnt stop me from studying doing homeworking and kicking ass at school. But I would get frustrated if we told me to stop doing something I like for no reason other then 'its bad'. I stop myself for health, education and other life priorities. That I dont mind.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

TF2 ruined your son? lol

its funny how every parent is gonna blame video games for the social problems their kid has. 

Some may blame gta, i saw some blaming minecraft. I guess now is team fortress too.

I bet your kid has like 99 problems, team fortress is just the way he try to escape from them

That is downright hilarious.

I have 4k hours of TF2 spread over 3 steam accounts within 3 years, never before have I been so angry that I hit someone.

The game isn't even rage inducing... If anything I get angrier at counter-strike when a bunch of Japanese people with 400 ping to Melbourne and Sydney servers get paired up against me and they warp around everywhere. Lost a few bits of plaster from the wall to that one, considering you get temp banned for leaving early.

May I ask - Why would they give away someone else's buds? I've made quite a bit of money from trading on that game, and I'm rather interested as to why they didn't sell the buds on sourceOP or something, rather than just give it out.

That is downright hilarious.

I have 4k hours of TF2 spread over 3 steam accounts within 3 years, never before have I been so angry that I hit someone.

The game isn't even rage inducing... If anything I get angrier at counter-strike when a bunch of Japanese people with 400 ping to Melbourne and Sydney servers get paired up against me and they warp around everywhere. Lost a few bits of plaster from the wall to that one, considering you get temp banned for leaving early.

May I ask - Why would they give away someone else's buds? I've made quite a bit of money from trading on that game, and I'm rather interested as to why they didn't sell the buds on sourceOP or something, rather than just give it out.

I think he is trying to sell the items now to recoup some of the losses.

Anyway, I doubt he's blaming the game for being rage inducing. I think he's blaming addiction in general.  Doesn't even seem as if he's specifically blaming computers, but just that it happened to cause some serious issues.

Most people can game a lot and be perfectly fine, but playing a lot is not the same as addiction. It's the same for all kinds of addiction really, some people can do things a lot and be fine with it, but others end up being impacted really badly and letting it destroy their lives. Even things like working, some people work a lot and it's a good thing, but some people are so addicted to their job and working that they just destroy the rest of their life.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

TF2 ruined your son? lol

its funny how every parent is gonna blame video games for the social problems their kid has. 

Some may blame gta, i saw some blaming minecraft. I guess now is team fortress too.

I bet your kid has like 99 problems, team fortress is just the way he try to escape from them

Have you ever seen video game addiction ?  If not then shut it.  As for my son he does other things besides play video games so social issues is not a problem.  In fact my daughter who is in highschool says she has girls asking about him all the time and he is not even there yet.  He goes to dances, plays school sports and more.  Socially he is out there.

Back to TF2 ..... yes the game ruined my son as I watched his personality change playing it.

I have the slightest feeling this is bullshit. If money is what you're looking for PM me. Don't sink this low if you want paper, brother.

I have the slightest feeling this is bullshit. If money is what you're looking for PM me. Don't sink this low if you want paper, brother.

This is not BS.  My son has been playing this game forever and just could never get over the addiction and so he has lost the game permanently at my house and his mother's house.

Have you ever seen video game addiction ?  If not then shut it.  As for my son he does other things besides play video games so social issues is not a problem.  In fact my daughter who is in highschool says she has girls asking about him all the time and he is not even there yet.  He goes to dances, plays school sports and more.  Socially he is out there.

Back to TF2 ..... yes the game ruined my son as I watched his personality change playing it.

You say he isn't in high school yet, then it's called PUBERTY! God, you are so quick to blame video games when it's obviously puberty. 

why doesn't every one quit giving the guy shit for how he is trying to raise his kid by taking away a game that is rated for a higher age group then his son clearly is. He can raise his child as he sees fit it isn't your place to raise it for him, you can have your chance to fuck up your own children as you see fit.

sincerely,

a past fucked up video game child.

Some kids are very different then others, I'm autistic and have been playing video games (worse then TF2) and have never once laid a finger on my family for taking things like my keyboard away from me. Im not trying to be offensive but if he matures a bit more I would slowly let him in on things. Idk, thats just how I see things from a Teenagers point of view. Good luck!

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

I think you should find professional help for him. Psych evals tend to be very limited in scope, your son needs long-term therapy. It sounds like TF2 is his "escape" and is using it to blow off steam, and has become an addiction.

I think you shouldn't take away the game completely, just forbid him from trading anything. If he does it again, punish him by not letting him play at all for a while. You make it sound like he has a pretty social life (at least compared to me LOL) and if that's the case, a few hours a day of gaming time is just fine (if he even has that much time with all the stuff he is doing.) You said it changed his personality.. But is that really a bad thing? He could be just going through puberty, you know. Anyways, I hope that you two can work it out.

Can't wait for the report of when he discovers girls.

81482299.jpg

In my honest opinion. Let him play. As children should play. Would you be more happy, if your son went out and smoke/drink with his friends? It is the reality in my country, 13 years old kids!  :o

I myself spent many hours a day playing WoW, even waken up at 6 a.m., before school, each day, to do daily quests and when parents banned me from going to raids, I was really, really angry at them, I even said some nasty words and now, I regret it.

But. It had not a negative impact on my school, those times I attended elementary school and had just A marks. And I eventually get bored by playing it that much.

I did not read the whole thread, BUT, if your son is not ignoring his responsibilities, at his age, it is school and some kind of housework, I would let him play. As I said, he will get bored, like I did. 

And do not forget, he is possibly in puberty. :)

Nowadays, I play occasionally HoN with my friends, I study on most prestigious Law University in our country, go to fitness 4 times a week and have a rich social life, even though I do not drink alcohol  :D . 

I would say, stop worrying.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

Im sorry but how do you steal in a game?

Also age restrictions, enough said!!

Also who plays horse managing simulators????

If I had done half the things that he had, aka those tantrums... I would have been kicked out. Years back, when I was 1 or 2, my 11 whatever year old cousins then said they didn't want to study any more. So their father burnt all their books, kicked them out and gave them dog shit to eat. He told them, if you don't want to study, go eat this and told them to find work somewhere then.

Long story short, they were on their knees begging and now they go to a very good university. My country was very poor then.

Parenting. You need to enforce the rules. I do not play much, I prioritize on my school work, doing about 5-7 hours a week of gaming. If I had a kid like  this, I would have burnt all his electronics had give him only a legendary 90s brick for calls.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

Sounds like a normal 13 year old. Let him do what he wants he will either get around eventually and realize that is not the right way or he will fail in life. I went through the same thing but came to my senses.

Sent from my GSmart Aku A1 using Tapatalk now Free

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

Please tell me you shouted "MEDIC!"

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II OC | SSD128GB Samsung 840 Evo  | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 | Monitor: 2x LG 22EA53VQ IPS 

I think someone in this thread pply said this but its not the game that did this but the person who gave him the permission to be on for  so long in-game. I believe in taking things away from him gradually and getting him used to thinking outside the box... Good luck

Cpu: I7-3770k @4.2GHz Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UP4TH Ram: Kingston Hyper x 16GB GPU: Gigabyte 7950

PSU: Corsair TX 850  HDD: WD RED 2TB Cooling: H100i Case: NZXT 630