TF2 RUINED MY SON

DeViLzzz

My parents made a little bit diferent from me

Now I'm 23

But I started arround 17 making high end systems for me and for others

And of course I used to game

Than they took the internet cable away and only let me in internet arround 2-3times a week for a hour or two

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

|

This surprisingly happened to me (I'm 13).

I tried to avoid my parents and downloaded games without my parents notice but sometimes you just need stop and think about what you're doing.

If you want to give away his stuff add me on Steam:

BghMc

The only one you'll find.

P.S I'm better now and now my parents now I play :)

Goodluck with your son. Hope he gets better

Also, if you need help in anyway what so ever just PM me :)

Ya, getting to the point of addicted where you get violent if someone tries to take it away from you. [Try to take away my coffee / cigarettes -> Hell breaks lose =P]

Probably better to restrict your son's TF consumption. Not because of the game itself, but rather to it being too much in focus.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I am trying to loan out his pc to other family and quite frankly I will soon have very little control over what he does as he doesn't want to live here with my rules and is 13 and the courts and other organizations will let him be with his step mom just cause he refuses to behave here and all problems I have had with him only relate to TF2 addiction.  I have had 3 separate incidents where he did the same things pretty much over and over again cuz he could not get his own way.  He was flooding my bathroom and out into the hall, threw things at me, and threatened to break stuff and finally snapping a plunger in half.  I am hoping to get an Xbox 360 from his step mom that I bought for him and give it to someone else but gl with me getting it back.

OMG, I had my rebellion, getting drunk, high, and a lot of fights [like probably every young teenager] but if I actually assaulted my dad or demolished the house, hell would break lose. Like, hell hell. Like I'd not even have electricity.

Dude thats crazy, if i did that, i would have been shot by my parents... And would be sleeping in a room with only a bed, it would turn into jail.

Pretty much this.

It is being taken out of my hands pretty much.  At 13 if he can convince them he is fine at mom's then whatever.  She gets home late and she lets him stay on the Xbox 360 playing NHL forever which to me isn't very good but oh well.

... and well throwing a rock he got from the beach at me I guess is ok too

Anyway like I said his TF2 days are over and he doesn't like me for it so he will say or do anything to avoid being here at my home and honestly I don't need the problems from him.

I also had him hospitalized in the summer but they said he didn't need to be there and they would not medicate him for some signs of problems he had at his age.  

Nice. 

He doesn't need a loony bin, he need some siberian boot camp. =P

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Do what my parents did, beat the snot out of him! And if that doesn't work, manual labor is the next best thing. If my father caught me playing too much video games, like stay up to 5am on a Friday, he woke my ass up at 7am on Saturday to do chores non stop. Yes I have grown up bitter but I'm full of character!

With that all said, gimmie dem hats! I would like some please kind sir.

You do know that the "earbuds" your brother loaned him are worth around $35 USD, right? That's some serious currency for that game, especially for a single item.

Have a look here: http://tf2finance.com

Do you also know that TF2 is basically an economy right? He's on the game as much as he can because you can make money off of the items you farm, and in return can be traded for games of equal value.

Just providing some insight as to why your son may be acting out.

He was getting caught up in the value of things and wanting to get this and that but he never ever sold anything for cash.  He has never seen a dime from this game.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I hate how just because a few people get violent because they play a violent video game people think that everyone who plays violent video games must be violent. I am lucky for my mom restricting me to only game on Friday night and the week end. It has made me a better person. Now it does feel lame being i'm 16 and having my mom come into the room and tell you to shut it down and get ready for bed lol

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

Didn't they take away idling? (I haven't played forever)

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

I hate how just because a few people get violent because they play a violent video game people think that everyone who plays violent video games must be violent. I am lucky for my mom restricting me to only game on Friday night and the week end. It has made me a better person. Now it does feel lame being i'm 16 and having my mom come into the room and tell you to shut it down and get ready for bed lol

I hope you understand that there is video game addiction.  I have come off it myself when I played WOW.  I had the same symptoms as a drug user.

You do know that the "earbuds" your brother loaned him are worth around $35 USD, right? That's some serious currency for that game, especially for a single item.

Have a look here: http://tf2finance.com

Do you also know that TF2 is basically an economy right? He's on the game as much as he can because you can make money off of the items you farm, and in return can be traded for games of equal value.

Just providing some insight as to why your son may be acting out.

Well aren't I lucky with first dibs then :D

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I hope you understand that there is video game addiction. I have come off it myself when I played WOW. I had the same symptoms as a drug user.

Yes I realize it. For me its planetside2 when I play it for too much I start going a bit crazy like beating on my desk and so on when I see the respawn screen. But different people handle it different ways. I hope all goes well with your son. :-)

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

It is being taken out of my hands pretty much.  At 13 if he can convince them he is fine at mom's then whatever.  She gets home late and she lets him stay on the Xbox 360 playing NHL forever which to me isn't very good but oh well.

... and well throwing a rock he got from the beach at me I guess is ok too

Anyway like I said his TF2 days are over and he doesn't like me for it so he will say or do anything to avoid being here at my home and honestly I don't need the problems from him.

I also had him hospitalized in the summer but they said he didn't need to be there and they would not medicate him for some signs of problems he had at his age.  

Nice. 

That's not how the courts work, does he do bad in school, is there other issues? Document them with the courts BEFORE hand, so it isn't turned back around on you, (Idk how it is in canada) In the US you can file for "emancipation" at 15/16 if you think your better off on your own, but you have to have PROOF that you can be better off on your own, ( or elsewhere) if you have poor school grades, attendance, issues at home etc and don't seem like a responsible young adult, the courts will basically tell you deal with it and grow up and send you packing.

I believe its the same way with custody stuff as-well, where if the kid actually proves YOU are the problem and not him, he will be moved. If it's showed he's the dunce and not you, they will tell him to deal with it. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Sorry but your topic title is incorrect, tf2 didn't ruin your son, he just needs to learn discipline..

also this -> LhqFqYl.jpg

if he is being violent the little thing says mature 17+

| AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4.0GHz | Corsair A50 | MSI 990FXA GD80 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1333 | MSI GTX 660Ti PE 2GB | Corsair HX 750W |Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | Seagate Baracuda 2x 1TB | Coolermaster 690 II Advanced  |

massive tf2 fan, happy to get some free items, sorry to here about your son btw, hope you find a way of resolving the issue

my steam is : hooker with a moustache

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Sorry but your topic title is incorrect, tf2 didn't ruin your son, he just needs to learn discipline..

also this -> LhqFqYl.jpg

if he is being violent the little thing says mature 17+

Finally, someone who gets it. The entire time reading through this thread I was thinking "Who lets a 13 year old play TF2?"

The only one to blame here is whoever let this kid play an M rated game in the first place. Don't come complaining on a tech forum your underaged son is acting out over playing a game he's not even old enough for. This is why so many PC gamers dislike the console gaming community - the amount of kids playing M rated games online.

I am not excusing him either because even if he was playing something he wasn't, it's flat out disrespectful to act this way. As a kid I got mad at my dad when he did things, but as an adult and especially after losing him 2 years ago, it made me realize how much of a great man he was.

My verdict? You're both guilty. You for letting a minor play an adult game and your son for being disrespectful.

Well I get sad when my parents pull me away from my computer when I'm playing online, they just don't seem to understand how online gaming works. What does work sometimes is just saying when you're doing an online match or something so they won't pull me away when I'm playing online. But getting angry about it, gosh I could never do that :P

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Well as a kid it sure is bugging to have your parents constantly "nag" you when you're just trying to enjoy a nice old game. Of course their comes limits but I'm not sure giving away his "pride and joy" in collectables is the best solultion!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I'd wager there are some reasons in addition to this for his behaviour around you that aren't having light shed on them here, you've said the family is seperated, and also that you hospitalized the boy and he was sent back because it wasn't appropriate?

You are giving away his stuff on a forum for free? You are a bit of a snake in my opinion, it's not your stuff to give away.

He's 13, heaven forbid he substitutes his gaming habit for something that could actually harm him, we love gaming here, 15 minute breaks EVERY 30 MINUTES? If you tried to impose that on me I'd assail you too.

Ok you will get first dibs when I get the list finished.

Can you add me too?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Many TF2 items can be sold for real world money.  I beg you to please do your homework and make sure you get the full value of the collection.  I am sure as a responsible parent you want to teach him the value of money and that extends to not being wasteful and stupidly letting yourself get conned.  You are doing a liquidation, do your damn homework! 

With luck you will get enough to pay for a session for your son to see a mental health professional and hopefully get some actual help. My advice would be to let him see the professional alone, with out you, so he can be honest and maybe get better.

And not that you want to hear it but breaks every 30 minutes is really not practical in this game, in fact you are asking your son to be rather rude in my opinion.  Now pushing that number up to 45 minutes to an hour, and you are crossing into asking him to take breaks and logical, natural breaking points. A little research and communication might have actually solved many of your problems. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

And not that you want to hear it but breaks every 30 minutes is really not practical in this game, in fact you are asking your son to be rather rude in my opinion.  Now pushing that number up to 45 minutes to an hour, and you are crossing into asking him to take breaks and logical, natural breaking points. A little research and communication might have actually solved many of your problems. 

^This is to be paid attention to for sure.

Many TF2 items can be sold for real world money.  I beg you to please do your homework and make sure you get the full value of the collection.  I am sure as a responsible parent you want to teach him the value of money and that extends to not being wasteful and stupidly letting yourself get conned.  You are doing a liquidation, do your damn homework! 

With luck you will get enough to pay for a session for your son to see a mental health professional and hopefully get some actual help. My advice would be to let him see the professional alone, with out you, so he can be honest and maybe get better.

I'm not even a TF2 player and I know about the commerce of that game.

But yeah, I agree with this. The kid is being a disrespectful brat, but at the same time..giving away his belongings seems like an act of revenge and isn't honourable at all.

I'm not even a TF2 player and I know about the commerce of that game.

But yeah, I agree with this. The kid is being a disrespectful brat, but at the same time..giving away his belongings seems like an act of revenge and isn't honourable at all.

I think when he was stealing people's items time and time again including my brother's items uh I think I can feel ok about it.  It is not revenge.  He has been given every opportunity to play right and behave right.

I'd wager there are some reasons in addition to this for his behaviour around you that aren't having light shed on them here, you've said the family is seperated, and also that you hospitalized the boy and he was sent back because it wasn't appropriate?

You are giving away his stuff on a forum for free? You are a bit of a snake in my opinion, it's not your stuff to give away.

He's 13, heaven forbid he substitutes his gaming habit for something that could actually harm him, we love gaming here, 15 minute breaks EVERY 30 MINUTES? If you tried to impose that on me I'd assail you too.

You have a right to your opinion but when gaming takes over a person's life to where they physically assault you over it numerous times, damage property and so on then it is time for the game to go away.

Well as a kid it sure is bugging to have your parents constantly "nag" you when you're just trying to enjoy a nice old game. Of course their comes limits but I'm not sure giving away his "pride and joy" in collectables is the best solultion!

It is deserved.  Many of his prized items in his collection were stolen.