TF2 RUINED MY SON

DeViLzzz

He has been caught way too many times stealing items in TF2.  I gave him every chance to clean up his act and he couldn't.

Alright, you're mad I get that but giving him something to work for that he would need to better himself to obtain back is an irreplaceable sense of passion and desire that he simply doesn't seem to have right now.

He sees that he can just play games and you'll take care of the bills and even though he thinks you are a bit strict its alright. However what he lacks is the desire to better himself.

Well going through the accounts now I am not seeing the unusual that I told him to not sell.  I said I would get him good money for it hopefully at some point and when he talked of trading it he said he would get a good deal for it and right now I am not seeing anything but one item that is decent on his account and I am not seeing ear buds which he was to return to my brother which I don't think my brother got yet.

Besides being addicted to the game I also think he had a brain fart here and traded the unusual for a pathetic return.  I am messaging my brother and hoping that he gave the unusual to my brother at least as he owed my brother for stealing from him.

Update:

I see my son made this deal ...

You traded with Revolution cashing out. 8:14pm

+ Earbuds, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, Mann Co. Supply Crate Key

– Unusual Anger

It was a fair trade but my son never gave the earbuds he owed to my brother back to him.

I think what I am going to do is give my brother Bill's Hat and then go from there and try to figure out what else my son has that would help my brother get his earbuds back.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

So anyone awake and want some TF2 items ?  The heck with making a list as it is not worth my time.

(Eh waited long enough for responses (15 min) so another time I guess.)

I would like some TF2 Items! Steam - ETERNALXWAR (sorry to hear about your son and learns his lesson after this.)

I would like some TF2 Items! Steam - ETERNALXWAR (sorry to hear about your son and learns his lesson after this.)

Friend invite sent but I am no longer just giving away stuff at this time.  I need to recoup enough to get my brother his earbuds back.

Can I have some?

- TheRuke

Invite sent.  As for free items now well I am looking at getting enough in a trade or getting money so my brother can get his earbuds back somehow so the free items situation is dead.

Friend invite sent.  I will give you what I feel like giving at this time.

ok, give me a second though lol. Old pc is being mean and I have to restart the thing :/

How much hours did he spent on this game? 

Could there be any reason that he's trying to replace social life with this game?

You mentioned he stole items and stock pile them but never sold them, may be he thinks that he can get even more? He should be happy with what he got (had), that's the right psychology. 

Anyway, if you are still giving items I'd like to get some - Steam

How much hours did he spent on this game? 

Could there be any reason that he's trying to replace social life with this game?

You mentioned he stole items and stock pile them but never sold them, may be he thinks that he can get even more? He should be happy with what he got (had), that's the right psychology. 

Anyway, if you are still giving items I'd like to get some - Steam

I decided that at first I have to try to sell what I have to get my brother his earbuds back.

The problem is he didn't earn everything in the game.  He stole from others.

How do you steal an item in TF2 exactly? Unless he's going around hacking Steam accounts...

Oh, he stole your brothers ear-buds, didn't see that part.

does he even have anything of value like an unusual or anything or did he just trade it for crap

i don't really have anything of value to trade but i would be willing to give you the little bit of metal i have (4 refined and a scrap) not even enough metal for a key but it can be a start if you want it pm me

I just read through the whole thing. It just seems so absurd to me since I was taught well by my parents. I was never hit, yelled at or anything like that some people are suggesting here to do with your son. Taking the items away and giving them away is an act of revenge and it'll make your relationship with you son worse if anything. I like the ideas where you are on his side, spend time with him, try to get him go play outside with his friends etc. 

I remember when I was around your sons age playing xbox online and got really mad at games, if I recall correctly my parents just said "maybe you should stop", of course I didn't have to stop, they just let me cool it off, I didn't break their shit because it wasn't their fault that I was angry. If they had taken my games and my xbox away I would've gotten way more mad at them and who knows what I would've done. I was pretty much addicted to that thing, I was secretly playing at night when I was supposed to be asleep, this is the first and the last time my dad got even one bit angry at me, he just told me that if I don't stop that, he'll break it. Needless to say I stopped immediately, after all the machine was the best thing in my life at that point (I was bullied in school and I hated it, I didn't have a lot of friends either). Gaming was my getaway from everything and that's where my friends were.

Anyway, like I said before, taking away something completely makes things worse, a lot worse. Instead of taking everything he cares about away, be with him, take the time and effort with being with him. I saw this a lot when I was younger, parents giving their children ridiculous sums of money for no apparent reason, I was jealous of course at the time but what I learned in the process was money managing and the fact that these parents replaced the time with their children with money, which is very sad. My parents, especially my dad made me buy everything myself, though he would help me out a bit. 

Take your son to do activities, don't just throw money at him to buy shit on TF2 and let him be. 

Just would like to show my support for you. Sounds like you are really having a tough time and I wish you all the best in getting through this situation.

When it comes to gaming and addiction, you are never going to find a single solution that is guaranteed to work. Everybody will tell you something different, and there's no way to tell what will be effective. Some people will react well to threats, some people will get worse if you threaten them, and become violent. Some people just need a good beating, some people would kill you if you tried to touch them. And then some will respond well if you speak to them nicely and ask for their cooperation, while others may take advantage of your kindness. So much of it is dependent on the events that happened leading up to this stage, and it's really hard to tell what to do. As such, I really find it difficult to give any advice, and just hope that you will be able to find something that works.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

I just read through the whole thing. It just seems so absurd to me since I was taught well by my parents. I was never hit, yelled at or anything like that some people are suggesting here to do with your son. Taking the items away and giving them away is an act of revenge and it'll make your relationship with you son worse if anything. I like the ideas where you are on his side, spend time with him, try to get him go play outside with his friends etc. 

I remember when I was around your sons age playing xbox online and got really mad at games, if I recall correctly my parents just said "maybe you should stop", of course I didn't have to stop, they just let me cool it off, I didn't break their shit because it wasn't their fault that I was angry. If they had taken my games and my xbox away I would've gotten way more mad at them and who knows what I would've done. I was pretty much addicted to that thing, I was secretly playing at night when I was supposed to be asleep, this is the first and the last time my dad got even one bit angry at me, he just told me that if I don't stop that, he'll break it. Needless to say I stopped immediately, after all the machine was the best thing in my life at that point (I was bullied in school and I hated it, I didn't have a lot of friends either). Gaming was my getaway from everything and that's where my friends were.

Anyway, like I said before, taking away something completely makes things worse, a lot worse. Instead of taking everything he cares about away, be with him, take the time and effort with being with him. I saw this a lot when I was younger, parents giving their children ridiculous sums of money for no apparent reason, I was jealous of course at the time but what I learned in the process was money managing and the fact that these parents replaced the time with their children with money, which is very sad. My parents, especially my dad made me buy everything myself, though he would help me out a bit. 

Take your son to do activities, don't just throw money at him to buy shit on TF2 and let him be. 

THats more or less what I said. This guy doesn't seem to care about anything except getting "revenge" ... Theres a larger issue at hand here than simple thievery. Problems at school, problems at home, whatever it is just get to the bottom of it man. I doubt any person that didn't have something going on would steal earbuds to buy something in a game.

THats more or less what I said. This guy doesn't seem to care about anything except getting "revenge" ... Theres a larger issue at hand here than simple thievery. Problems at school, problems at home, whatever it is just get to the bottom of it man. I doubt any person that didn't have something going on would steal earbuds to buy something in a game.

To be fair most people don't really associate game items with real money however the cash value is about 35$. So i can understand using the kids profit for the sale to try and refund the original item. I support that far more then just giving away the items as this way there is a real reason behind it not just trying to make it less desirable for the kid to play the game.

I know that when i was younger my and my brothers were always on the computer playing games to the point that i can recall playing for about 24 hours straight when i was 12. Although my dad when we first got an nes stayed up for 2 days trying to beat mario it did not make him any less frustrated with what we were doing. About all he would do is yell and rip the mouse cord in half a few times. He couldn't really disable to computer as i was the one that was keeping it working so anything he could do i could undo. There was a lot of screaming and yelling but that was about as far as it ever went around our house.

There were never problems at home or school i had just been using computers and playing games since 1993-94 so i was just accustom to wasting time on computers and video games. I don't really think it was an addiction that i had/have just an ability to do little to nothing for a long time lol i went form playing games 35 hours a week to not playing anything for 5 years 

Anyways i hope this works out well in the end 

I think he's referring to the earbuds item within TF2. Anyway yeah there definitely are problems, though he didn't come across as someone just trying to get revenge. Seems like he feels he has run out of options, and is doing this because he feels it's the only thing that will work.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

Back in the day, my parents limited my game time to weekends only, so that I could focus on schoolwork during the week. I got caught playing games on a week night once, and they took everything away from me until the end of the school year. It sorted me out straight, and got me back into other hobbies I had at the time like Legos and comic books. Though, I was never an angry child and didn't fight back with my punishment. Good luck with your kid.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 OC 4.8GHz Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z GPU: Radeon HD 7970 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB 1866mhz Red PSU: XFX 750watt Black Edition Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, 2TB WD Caviar Black, 2x1TB Samsung Spin Disk Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black

For the people saying have my son do other things well I was the dad that was out playing with him all the time as he has grown up and this past summer when I got in shape in 2 weeks and was ready to play tennis and more with him well he said no time and time again.  He also is very active in school participating in many team sports.  He doesn't make every team but he made the volleyball team again this year and has practices and games constantly.  He also is participating in hockey again this winter and I went to see him play again today.

I think the one thing missing that might make life better is if kids these days would get back to playing together on their street and in the parks around where they live.  I can't remember how many times my son and I would be doing something day after day and I would say where are the kids that used to come out and play sports together ?  Where are the road hockey games ?  Seriously they wonder why kids are heavy and more out of shape than ever ?  Try looking at their play they get outside.  In our area it is almost non existent although at times in the past few years my son has found a few times here and there where he played basketball with older kids.

Anyway I can say that my son has participated in many different things in the last year that were social and I can definitely say that in the part of my life I spent with my son I more than adequately was out playing with him as he grew up.  I easily was the most active dad in my city for sure when it came to going out with my son.  I know it 100%.

Trust me when I say I have done things that are non sports related with him and it is hit and miss with that. 

I also tried to give him every shot to play this game in a healthy fashion and he can't do it.

There is no revenge here.  LOL Revenge for what ?

I just don't want to see my son have his personality warped by an addiction to a game and that was what was happening.  He was being consumed by it.  Heck he admitted it so please for the people that bring up revenge and me looking to punish him unjustly uh that is not going on here.

How do you steal an item in TF2 exactly? Unless he's going around hacking Steam accounts...

Oh, he stole your brothers ear-buds, didn't see that part.

He stole items by preying on people with the lag/trade issue with the game.  He would swap out items at the last minute even when the trade had been agreed upon.  I don't know everything about this issue/glitch with the game but it is real and my son had been banned numerous times from trading in TF2 on multiple Steam accounts.

do you think it is the fault of the game?

This

@OP: you need your damn child some freaking respect.

I've been playing MMORPGs since I was 13, and i'm addicted to them, and have been for a decade, and I wouldn't fucking dare do shit like that.

Your kids behavior is your god damned fault.

I would never have dreamed of scamming people or doing things dishonourably to others, your must have missed a few lessons in integrity and respect.

This

@OP: you need your damn child some freaking respect.

I've been playing MMORPGs since I was 13, and i'm addicted to them, and have been for a decade, and I wouldn't fucking dare do shit like that.

Your kids behavior is your god damned fault.

I would never have dreamed of scamming people or doing things dishonourably to others, your must have missed a few lessons in integrity and respect.

I don't see the point of coming here to just blame the OP. That isn't even constructive criticism.

His original post does seem a bit clouded by anger, but if you read the whole thread, it seems as though he isn't blaming the game, but blaming addiction.

Yes it is to some extent his fault too, but how does that help solve the problem? Addiction is such a tricky issue, as everyone reacts differently to different solutions.

I used to game quite a bit, but I hesitate to say it was addiction, because I probably would have played a lot less if my parents had tried to stop me from playing. If the parents do not know how to react properly, and prematurely think that their child is addicted and pull the plug, you just make it worse, not better.

However, from what I can see, this isn't premature judgement, and there are a lot of deeper issues. I'm no psychiatrist and don't know how to help, so I'm just here wishing the OP the best. I hope you all do similarly.

-deleted-

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think maybe he needs to be sent to a video game rehabilitation center

img00630uk7.jpg

If you get this reference you're awesome

*tip: the reference is not 1337

I'm not awesome :(

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I remember what one person said and that was to sell the items myself and get cash and put it towards paying for some counselling for him.  The problem is getting cash for TF2 items has not been too easy.  He had a decent item that was worth $70 and I could not sell it at all.  He actually got the item legit.  I told him to buy one more key and open a crate with it and he did so and he got an unusual.

My mom and other family bought him Steam cash over the years.  I bought him Steam cash.  Maybe I should sell the items and recoup what we put into the game but when I stare at that collection it does make me sick. I lost my son to this game.  He himself admitted the addiction.  

I thought giving away everything was the right course of action but I don't know.

I would quite happily pay money for the unusual.

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/