TF2 RUINED MY SON

DeViLzzz

This game got my son to the point where he assaulted me when I tried to shut off the computer on him.  Game over !

I initially was giving items away but I think I should try to recoup what my brother lost if I can when my son stole from him and traded away my brother's earbuds.  I am going to sell items for cash that I have and any interested people can ask to be added to my Steam friend list and we can talk there.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

do you think it is the fault of the game?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Wait hold on, TF2 made your son so angry, that he assaulted you... give him a break, he isn't the only one who has gotten mad at a game, denying something completely will make things worse.

Sorry to hear that, time for him to do some serious cutting back.

Goodluck hope he won't be too much of a pain. 

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Sorry to hear that, time for him to do some serious cutting back.

Goodluck hope he won't be too much of a pain. 

He is perma banned from that game.  I had him on temp bans before the school year ended for at least 3 months or so.  I also tried getting him to take 15 minute breaks for every 30 minutes he played and couldn't even follow that all the time without complaining and outright refusing to follow the rules.

Wait hold on, TF2 made your son so angry, that he assaulted you... give him a break, he isn't the only one who has gotten mad at a game, denying something completely will make things worse.

He ran out of breaks.  He also for the record took ear buds that my brother loaned him and then sold them off in the game.  Thief.  Trust me he has been given opportunities to change his ways in regards to gaming but he has even admitted to his mom and I that he is addicted to some games and doing some bad behaviour in them.  It is game over.

do you think it is the fault of the game?

You can see his personality change over time when he gets a taste of the game.  Whether you let him play loads of hours with breaks or just for a short time he will always have the same reaction when you tell him not to play.  He also has been repeatedly told to not steal items in the game and yet he has done that for a good long time over and over and over again.  

As for it being a fault of the game I can't blame the game totally but some games just make certain people addicted and TF2 just happened to be a game that is addictive for my son.  I can't explain it totally but I know he likes it that I say he is good at it and likes hearing he is good at something so that probably wants to make him continue to play the game more and more but man it has to be done in moderation but he can't handle it.

Yes you can see his personality change over time when he gets a taste of the game.  Whether you let him play loads of hours with breaks or just for a short time he will always have the same reaction when you tell him not to play.  He also has been repeatedly told to not steal items and the game and yet he has done that for a good long time over and over and over again.

LOL take everything away from him...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I'd be happy to claim his items! Just add me on steam and send me a trade request :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

LOL take everything away from him...

I am trying to loan out his pc to other family and quite frankly I will soon have very little control over what he does as he doesn't want to live here with my rules and is 13 and the courts and other organizations will let him be with his step mom just cause he refuses to behave here and all problems I have had with him only relate to TF2 addiction.  I have had 3 separate incidents where he did the same things pretty much over and over again cuz he could not get his own way.  He was flooding my bathroom and out into the hall, threw things at me, and threatened to break stuff and finally snapping a plunger in half.  I am hoping to get an Xbox 360 from his step mom that I bought for him and give it to someone else but gl with me getting it back.

I think he needs a ban. From what my parents did to me i when i made a mistake(stole a hotwheels car from tesco) they didnt hit me or anything, they didnt shout, they took every car i had for a year. That teaches  a much better lesson then slapping the shit out of them.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'd be happy to claim his items! Just add me on steam and send me a trade request :)

Ok you will get first dibs when I get the list finished.

I am trying to loan out his pc to other family and quite frankly I will soon have very little control over what he does as he doesn't want to live here with my rules and is 13 and the courts and other organizations will let him be with his step mom just cause he refuses to behave here and all problems I have had with him only relate to TF2 addiction.  I have had 3 separate incidents where he did the same things pretty much over and over again cuz he could not get his own way.  He was flooding my bathroom and out into the hall, threw things at me, and threatened to break stuff and finally snapping a plunger in half.  I am hoping to get an Xbox 360 from his step mom that I bought for him and give it to someone else but gl with me getting it back.

Dude thats crazy, if i did that, i would have been shot by my parents... And would be sleeping in a room with only a bed, it would turn into jail.

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I am trying to loan out his pc to other family and quite frankly I will soon have very little control over what he does as he doesn't want to live here with my rules and is 13 and the courts and other organizations will let him be with his step mom just cause he refuses to behave here and all problems I have had with him only relate to TF2 addiction.  I have had 3 separate incidents where he did the same things pretty much over again cuz he could not get his own way.  He was flooding my bathroom and out into the hall, threw things at me, and threatened to break stuff and finally snapping a plunger in half.

You definitely need to sort that out straight away, teenagers are in their rebel stages but it molds them into  their future selfs, you need to do all that you can, maybe see someone which could help the relationship between you two.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I think he needs a ban. From what my parents did to me i when i made a mistake(stole a hotwheels car from tesco) they didnt hit me or anything, they didnt shout, they took every car i had for a year. That teaches  a much better lesson then slapping the shit out of them.

Taking away stuff didn't work so far as I said I tried that and nothing good came of it.  I tried it time and time again.

I am just thankful that he didn't resort to PYRO class moves and burned our apartment down.

I think maybe he needs to be sent to a video game rehabilitation center

post-4768-0-00303300-1380702875.jpg

If you get this reference you're awesome

*tip: the reference is not 1337

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I cant even imagine what my parents would have done. I'm a grown man and I am still terrified of my mother... and she is a wonderful loving person. Rules are rules and if they aren't followed there are consequences. He needs to learn that boundaries and rules are there not just for others but for yourself, without rules you are unable to interface with society in a manner that is acceptable. Stick with it, will be good in the long run.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

It is being taken out of my hands pretty much.  At 13 if he can convince them he is fine at mom's then whatever.  She gets home late and she lets him stay on the Xbox 360 playing NHL forever which to me isn't very good but oh well.

... and well throwing a rock he got from the beach at me I guess is ok too

Anyway like I said his TF2 days are over and he doesn't like me for it so he will say or do anything to avoid being here at my home and honestly I don't need the problems from him.

I also had him hospitalized in the summer but they said he didn't need to be there and they would not medicate him for some signs of problems he had at his age.  

Nice. 

Instead of taking everything away, why not try to get him to play a slower paced game? That might help him calm down.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

I cant even imagine what my parents would have done. I'm a grown man and I am still terrified of my mother... and she is a wonderful loving person. Rules are rules and if they aren't followed there are consequences. He needs to learn that boundaries and rules are there not just for others but for yourself, without rules you are unable to interface with society in a manner that is acceptable. Stick with it, will be good in the long run.

No like I said he is manipulating the system and just says he doesn't want to be here and so at his age he doesn't have to be.  I am going to do the best I can to get it across in court (when it gets there soon) that he has committed criminal acts every single time he has visited my apartment lately and I am going to ask for a psych eval once again.  Thing is because I have mental issues they just always look for a reason to blame me for his poor behaviour.

Instead of taking everything away, why not try to get him to play a slower paced game? That might help him calm down.

When he played Thrillville and Horse Racing Manager 2 he did behave better but I always wanted to try and give him the benefit of the doubt and let him attempt to play TF2 in moderation and with rules and it did not work out. 

No like I said he is manipulating the system and just says he doesn't want to be here and so at his age he doesn't have to be.  I am going to do the best I can to get it across in court (when it gets there soon) that he has committed criminal acts every single time he has visited my apartment lately and I am going to ask for a psych eval once again.  Thing is because I have mental issues they just always look for a reason to blame me for his poor behaviour.

Sorry to hear this. I know from experience (wild teenager) how helpful discipline can be (I would have been lost in high school without structure). I was lucky enough to have parents and a few teachers who were on the same page as it were. Therapist probably is a good idea, cant hurt. Good luck.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

The taking away of something someone's addicted to is different to that of behaviour brought about from playing violent video games.

You do know that the "earbuds" your brother loaned him are worth around $35 USD, right? That's some serious currency for that game, especially for a single item.

Have a look here: http://tf2finance.com

Do you also know that TF2 is basically an economy right? He's on the game as much as he can because you can make money off of the items you farm, and in return can be traded for games of equal value.

Just providing some insight as to why your son may be acting out.