Gtx 1070 not 375$???

Will Or occ
2 minutes ago, Will Or occ said:

They said it would be 375$ ....

Nvidia are a bunch of liars. They have lied several times since AMD got beaten by them. And i feel very dirty for having bought a gtx 1080.

Intel Core i7 6700K@4,3GHz - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 - Evga SuperNova 750W PSU - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD - Gainward GTX 1080 GS - BenQ xl2411T 144hz - Cooler Master Haf-X Big Tower Nvidia Edition

It will be by the end of the year. Not anytime soon.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They said the MSRP was that, not that it would be the actual price. It's a Suggested Retail price, which doesn't have to be followed. 

Was waiting for that as well, but there is an availibility "problem" (or just nvidia limiting it to sell the rest of 9xx) and because of that prices went up :| 

10 minutes ago, Will Or occ said:

$379 ;)

And there will be ones around $380 from PNY, Gainward etc. but Nvidia has only shipped a handful of GPUs to their partners so far... So they increassed the prices and its unlikely it will change in the next 3 months at least (thats usually when pricing of Nvidia cards drops by little amount).

Untitled.jpg

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

7 minutes ago, Crusader93 said:

Nvidia are a bunch of liars. They have lied several times since AMD got beaten by them. And i feel very dirty for having bought a gtx 1080.

its called supply and demand and that is how world economics work

this has nothing to do with nvidia

its all up to retailers

god job at blaming nvidia for you own ignorance about how world trade works

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 minutes ago, Crusader93 said:

They didn't lie, their board partners just are selling the cards for more because they are allowed to do so and people are willing to pay more clearly. The suggested price is just 379, nothing more to it

That being said they should have just made reference 379 or so, instead of this founders nonsense.

Edited by AresKrieger

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

its all up to retailers

Kind off yes, but Nvidia is the 1st in line to be blamed for low stock. They are suppliers and they didnt even bother.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

17 minutes ago, Thony said:

Kind off yes, but Nvidia is the 1st in line to be blamed for low stock. They are suppliers and they didnt even bother.

how does that even matter

nvidia isnt making any more money whether retailers sell it at $500 or $5000

all that money if going straight to the retailer

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was not talking about only this. If you thought Nvidia has clean hands, you will get disappointed.

Intel Core i7 6700K@4,3GHz - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 - Evga SuperNova 750W PSU - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD - Gainward GTX 1080 GS - BenQ xl2411T 144hz - Cooler Master Haf-X Big Tower Nvidia Edition

Newegg moved the msi armor 1070 from $449 to $429. 

They  credited me back $40 on my  2 cards when I called about it.

Why charge less for a better card. I'm satisfied. I've got  third place  on the valley benchmark scoreboard.

I also tested gta v 4k everything maxed out except msaa. It never went under 100fps.

They will price them in line with the performance  also.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

1 hour ago, Crusader93 said:

I was not talking about only this. If you thought Nvidia has clean hands, you will get disappointed.

you literally have 0 understanding about how computer component launch pricing works

go take your fanboyism to somewhere else like r/ayymd

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

its all up to retailers

This is what happens when the general public is exposed to what is essentially a shareholders meeting with more flare.

That's not to say it's anybody's fault, Nvidia could care less about educating the people and the people could care less about learning basic economics.  Early adopters will pay more, and as you said, that's typically how the game works.

2 hours ago, Will Or occ said:

That's MSRP. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. They can charge whatever they like.

2 hours ago, Crusader93 said:

They didn't lie at all. Not sure why you think that. Perhaps you're confused about how the retail process works?

Also rather amusing that you bought a liars product ;)

2 hours ago, Cavi said:

Was waiting for that as well, but there is an availibility "problem" (or just nvidia limiting it to sell the rest of 9xx) and because of that prices went up :| 

Apparently sales are very high, and cards fly off the shelf shortly after they're in stock. I don't think they're limiting supply, I think the fact that the performance increase is so high that people are just gobbling them up.

2 hours ago, Thony said:

Or, you know, the people buying the cards. They've been selling out upon arrival. If you're Nvidia, you don't mass produce something and then hope it sells. You manufacture a reasonable number and go from there. There are numerous places to get Founders cards. If you're talking about the others? That's the board partners, not Nvidia you have to complain to.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Well in few months it will be 379$.

But probbably some "bad" version of it. Meaning no additional overclock or anything, just differend cooler.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

3 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Well in few months it will be 379$.

But probbably some "bad" version of it. Meaning no additional overclock or anything, just differend cooler.

Something like a MSI Aero version. 

1 minute ago, Cavi said:

Something like a MSI Aero version. 

That and probbably some kind of GTX 1070 mini version, like they did with GTX 970.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

you literally have 0 understanding about how computer component launch pricing works

go take your fanboyism to somewhere else like r/ayymd

Again, not talking about only this. I have a gtx 1080 and apperently i am an AMD fanboy? Okay, your logic seems great.

9 minutes ago, Crusader93 said:

Again, not talking about only this. I have a gtx 1080 and apperently i am an AMD fanboy? Okay, your logic seems great.

this V V V

3 hours ago, Crusader93 said:

Nvidia are a bunch of liars.

because you have no idea how prices work

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

http://www.investinganswers.com/financial-dictionary/economics/market-price-3898

and btw clearly you dont know what "fanboy" means, because it does not mean "i own nvidia GPU therefore I am nvidia fanboy"

thats not how it works

now you

A) dont understand pricing

B) dont understand fanboyism

and

C) now claim "I'm not talking about only this" to make it seem like your first post had any sort of intelligence in it

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

this V V V

because you have no idea how prices work

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

http://www.investinganswers.com/financial-dictionary/economics/market-price-3898

and btw clearly you dont know what "fanboy" means, because it does not mean "i own nvidia GPU therefore I am nvidia fanboy"

thats not how it works

now you

A) dont understand pricing

B) dont understand fanboyism

and

C) now claim "I'm not talking about only this" to make it seem like your first post had any sort of intelligence in it

You need a hug man, a big bear hug! And some love :)

4 hours ago, Enderman said:

how does that even matter

nvidia isnt making any more money whether retailers sell it at $500 or $5000

all that money if going straight to the retailer

they are cuz ppls go buyz fonderz edishenz on ze nvidia.com without having to pay a cut to either OEMs or retailers

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

8 minutes ago, Crusader93 said:

You need a hug man, a big bear hug! And some love :)

you have problems

4 minutes ago, DXMember said:

they are cuz ppls go buyz fonderz edishenz on ze nvidia.com without having to pay a cut to either OEMs or retailers

the point of that is because if founders was MSRP then everyone would buy them from nvidia instead of other retailers and manufacturers

so they made it $100  more so companies like EVGA and asus and MSI and everyone else can still sell cards

that way less people buy the founders edition over aftermarket cards

also in case you haven't noticed, the founder's edition sold by aftermarket companies like EVGA are still being sold at the same price as nvidia does, $700

so if you buy from EVGA.com you pay the same as if you bought from nvidia

but if you buy from a retailer like amazon or whatever it will obviously be more expensive when stock is low or on backorder

Spoiler