TESV: Skyrim Remaster Coming This Year

MDPS

Yeah...and it still won't match Skyrim with mods.....from the way I see things.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Yeah...and it still won't match Skyrim with mods.....from the way I see things.

Depends.  For the most part everyone is fairly certain that texture and mesh replacements can just be dragged and dropped into the skyrim remaster data folder, or into the data management directory of your mod organizer/manager of choice with little to no issue.  So it'll be able to get really close very quickly visually speaking (excluding enbs)

Scripted mods are less likely to be able to transmogrify seamlessly into 64-bit skyrim, and will need to be run through tesv2 CreationKit as per a beth stafter, if I remember the source correctly(was some tweet).  Even if there are zero syntax changes, I get the feeling that beth wants mod creation pointing to beth.net/mods instead of the steam workshop so console users can access them....and I'd suspect for paid mods redux with 30% more pie to split between modder and beth.

64-bit will remove the need for memory patches and allow for more memory usage, particularly interesting for people that use a lot of mods, have the v/RAM, and gun for a photo-realistic skyrim.

r/skyrimmods has a lot more details of the ins and outs that are known and suspected, most of which were aggregated into a few threads during the days following the announcement.

3 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Depends.  For the most part everyone is fairly certain that texture and mesh replacements can just be dragged and dropped into the skyrim remaster data folder, or into the data management directory of you mod organizer/manager of choice with little to no issue.  So it'll be able to get really close very quickly visually speaking (excluding enbs)

Scripted mods are less likely to be able to transmogrify seamlessly into 64-bit skyrim, and will need to be run through tesv2 CreationKit as per a beth stafter, if I remember the source correctly(was some tweet).  Even if there are zero syntax changes, I get the feeling that beth wants mod creation pointing to beth.net/mods instead of the steam workshop so console users can access them....and I'd suspect for paid mods redux with 30% more pie to split between modder and beth.

64-bit will remove the need for memory patches and allow for more memory usage, particularly interesting for people that use a lot of mods, have the v/RAM, and gun for a photo-realistic skyrim.

r/skyrimmods has a lot more details of the ins and outs that are known and suspected, most of which were aggregated into a few threads during the days following the announcement.

Just on the need for memory patches, using ENB Skyrim's memory usage was actually decreased a shitload-I could play heavily modded Skyrim on 4GB RAM easily now.

PMSL

Well whatever I honestly don't think skyrim needs a remaster, I'd rather they just work on ESVI but whatever maybe they intend to use the reworked engine for ESVI, either way I'm not buying a remaster when the original still looks and plays fine.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well whatever I honestly don't think skyrim needs a remaster, I'd rather they just work on ESVI but whatever maybe they intend to use the reworked engine for ESVI, either way I'm not buying a remaster when the original still looks and plays fine.

It actually is free if you have Skyrim and all the DLC.

1 minute ago, awesomeness10120 said:

It actually is free if you have Skyrim and all the DLC.

Really, hmm I think I'll take them up on that offer then

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Perspective.  What work?  Have a computer recompile the code, not down sample the original art/assets as much as the 2011 release and slap a new bow on it.

2 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Perspective.  What work?  Have a computer recompile the code, not down sample the original art/assets as much as the 2011 release and slap a new bow on it.

I thought they where working on the engine but apparently not based on your comment.

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

I thought they where working on the engine but apparently not based on your comment.

Fallout 4 is done, is 64-bit and was based on the skyrim engine.

23 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Fallout 4 is done, is 64-bit and was based on the skyrim engine.

People don't seem to realise that Bethesda has been using the same game engine (with tweaks) for over a decade.

PMSL

I'll definitely check this out as I get it for free. :) Would be nice though if Bethesda updated Morrowind and Oblivion. Sadly they can't be bothered.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Are those pictures on the Steam page actually from the game?  I'm actually disappointed; I thought they would improve it more than that.

Same stuff as the Dark Souls II to Scholar of the First Sin version, change the gamma and lighting around a little, resell for major dosh. Everyone has to remind themselves that the reason they're doing the remaster release at all is for the "next gen" consoles.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

6 minutes ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

Same stuff as the Dark Souls II to Scholar of the First Sin version, change the gamma and lighting around a little, resell for major dosh. Everyone has to remind themselves that the reason they're doing the remaster release at all is for the "next gen" consoles.

...and there is the small detail with mods. Mods are only possible now as the Xbone and Pisspoor are both PC with a very limited OS (and they still will never see the graphical quality of Skyrim+ENB+shitloads of graphics mods-game play aside

PMSL

Woohoo - Free HD Skyrim. Looks like I'm starting another OP Ranged assassin. 

Hopefully they've fixed a lot of the bugs, because the hardest challenge was finishing the game without having to use the console.

3 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Woohoo - Free HD Skyrim. Looks like I'm starting another OP Ranged assassin. 

Hopefully they've fixed a lot of the bugs, because the hardest challenge was finishing the game without having to use the console.

Pst...the unofficial patches are your friends and so far have allowed me to play Skyrim with no console commands over 300 hours of game play.

PMSL

I dont know if it would ever happen, but if they released another expansion or two for this I would be happy. Dont get me wrong, Im happy about the remaster, just want more quests and story  FROM Bethesda.

18 hours ago, Minibois said:

I could have sworn this was posted before.. Maybe not, maybe it was just in the PC Gaming section..

Oh well, on one hand I kinda look forward to it.. On the other hand I would have much rather seen them remake Morrowind or even Oblivion. The Xbox One and PS4 remake gameplay doesn't look a whole lot better than the current PC version with the high res textures and a simple ENB. I guess the 64 bit engine will help on PC.. And I'm getting it for free (I have the Legendary edition) so I cannot complain.

inb4 people telling you haven't beaten the game, you have merely completed the main quest (probably). It's a fun game you could try out again (the Legendary edition goes on sale for about 7.50 euros or I guess 5 GBP and you will get the remaster for free with that) if you wanted.

Me too, would have loved an Oblivion remaster to be honest. But still, got the Skyrim Legendary Edition for £4.99 or something like that, so I'm not complaining as I wasn't expecting it for free. It is just a bonus! 

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

8 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Pst...the unofficial patches are your friends and so far have allowed me to play Skyrim with no console commands over 300 hours of game play.

They let me play without console commands for 230 or so hours, until yesterday when there was a bugged quested (bugged in a way no one else experienced online and reloading a previous save didn't help) so I had to use some console commands.. Now the whole quest seems to be fucked

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

I'll definitely check this out as I get it for free. :) Would be nice though if Bethesda updated Morrowind and Oblivion. Sadly they can't be bothered.

Gotta wait for Skyblivion and Skywind I guess.. I actually wanted to purchase Morrowind and Oblivion this sale, but with no flash sales and only 40% discounts on both, I can't be bothered with it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 hours ago, corsairian said:

I dont know if it would ever happen, but if they released another expansion or two for this I would be happy. Dont get me wrong, Im happy about the remaster, just want more quests and story  FROM Bethesda.

I'd say that there is a slight chance they will yet do that. Maybe nothing like Dragonborn, but perhaps on scale with Dawnguard. Complete guess though with no merit.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Meanwhile on pc it was like that from the start 5 years ago.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 hours ago, AHaskin14 said:

I'd say that there is a slight chance they will yet do that. Maybe nothing like Dragonborn, but perhaps on scale with Dawnguard. Complete guess though with no merit.

Yeah, you may be right. It would be nice to just hold us over until TES 6, which Todd Howard said wasn't happening for a long time. I'm guessing 4 or 5 years. But I hope I'm wrong. 

10 minutes ago, corsairian said:

Yeah, you may be right. It would be nice to just hold us over until TES 6, which Todd Howard said wasn't happening for a long time. I'm guessing 4 or 5 years. But I hope I'm wrong. 

alternatively they may be just as happy to say "go download these mods that  add story and content". Who knows.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi