Amd RX480 Listed on Newegg: Has Cuda Cores!

goodtofufriday
6 minutes ago, GamingDamned said:

When do you think they would release a after market cooler version? I'm gonna put in water blocks later on but be interesting to know.

SoonTM

I mean, we've seen a Sapphire RX 480 with the cheese grater shroud... I predict around halfway through July it'd be announced and it'd start retailing towards the end of the month.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

I mean, we've seen a Sapphire RX 480 with the cheese grater shroud...

That's fake.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

14 minutes ago, GamingDamned said:

When do you think they would release a after market cooler version? I'm gonna put in water blocks later on but be interesting to know.

I don't think anyone knows for sure. But I would hazard a guess that we'll see the Aftermarket coolers before the end of July.

However, if you're gonna do waterblocks in a custom loop anyway, you likely want the Reference PCB anyway, unless you're going for mad OC's (with 1x 8-pin or 2x 6-pin), but in that case, we have literally no idea when:

1. Custom PCB's with more power will be out, and

2. If those custom PCB's will even get full waterblocks.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't think anyone knows for sure. But I would hazard a guess that we'll see the Aftermarket coolers before the end of July.

However, if you're gonna do waterblocks in a custom loop anyway, you likely want the Reference PCB anyway, unless you're going for mad OC's (with 1x 8-pin or 2x 6-pin), but in that case, we have literally no idea when:

1. Custom PCB's with more power will be out, and

2. If those custom PCB's will even get full waterblocks.

The RX480/470 share the same PCB, and the VRM design on it is (and has always been in AMD's case) pretty damn high quality (one might say even better designed than the 1080/1070 FE cards), especially for the price the cards are launching at.

Here, a video going over the PCB and VRM design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6dCz4Wt1Ek

Ye ole' train

37 minutes ago, GamingDamned said:

EK announced that they will be making water blocks

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

20 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

EK announced that they will be making water blocks

Lets hope they make them cheap because no one will pay shit ton more since these cards are super cheap on price.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

All things point to major retailers having stocked up on the RX 480 for weeks now. When it officially launches, there will be tons of them. Anyone who preorders now at $270, is literally flushing $40 down the toilet, unless it's some sort of Aftermarket AIB Card like a Gigabyte WF or something (And even these are not usually $50 more)

Yeah that brings up a good point.

Even if lets say there are 5 times as many 480's as there were 1070's for launch day, retailers don't suddenly change their tune because its AMD. If they sell out (which they probably will within a few hours), price gouging will happen on 480's too. Some retailers are probably getting a head start on the gouging so they don't end up giving their first batch away at MSRP. AMD can toot their horn about a 200 dollar card all they want, and I feel sorry for those who settle on a 4GB card when they were hoping for the 8GB model, because realistically the 8GB ones will sell out first, even at 270 dollars **cringe**  hell, even at 300 dollars **super cringe** they would probably sell out. 

Spoiler

super cringe face

cringe.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

18 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Yeah that brings up a good point.

Even if lets say there are 5 times as many 480's as there were 1070's for launch day, retailers don't suddenly change their tune because its AMD. If they sell out (which they probably will within a few hours), price gouging will happen on 480's too. Some retailers are probably getting a head start on the gouging so they don't end up giving their first batch away at MSRP. AMD can toot their horn about a 200 dollar card all they want, and I feel sorry for those who settle on a 4GB card when they were hoping for the 8GB model, because realistically the 8GB ones will sell out first, even at 270 dollars **cringe**  hell, even at 300 dollars **super cringe** they would probably sell out. 

Reveal hidden contents

super cringe face

cringe.jpg

Considering the 1070 sells on average 600$ on ebay, a 70$ gouge isnt so bad. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX