Anybody here on LTT into JDM Cars?

terrytek

Here's my Silvia from many, many years ago... SR20DET was a good little rocket. 

OJnRWLA.jpg

Would really love a JZX110 Chaser...

Sweet car though I'm not a fan of those wheels, also sweet engine :)

Here is another JDM that I'd love to own, but what I want to do is leave it looking exactly the same as that but with the RB26DETT, should be interesting at the lights with dickheads and their Ferrari's and what not :)

Nissan_laurel_C33.jpg

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Sweet car though I'm not a fan of those wheels, also sweet engine :)

Here is another JDM that I'd love to own, but what I want to do is leave it looking exactly the same as that but with the RB26DETT, should be interesting at the lights with dickheads and their Ferrari's and what not :)

Nissan_laurel_C33.jpg

ferrari ? pft take veyron as a rival with rb26

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

a $2 million car versus a $15,000 old Nissan lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Did this thread die or something? A bit of news was just released that may interest you.

picture

Nissan is prepared to release a Toyobaru GT86/BRZ fighter at an upcoming auto show alongside their Nismo GT-R. It isn't necessarily ready for production, but whether or not the concept will even see the light of day is dependent on the public's reaction. Here are some details:

- It's going to be crazier than the GT86/BRZ

- Rear-wheel drive (yay!)

- Lightweight

- Approx. 200 HP via a 1.6L turbocharged engine (from the Nissan Juke Nismo)

What's important to note here is that Nissan stresses this new car is NOT a Z-series model. Rather, it falls in line with their past history of cars... most likely the S-series. Maybe it will involve Datsun somehow? Thoughts?

Source: http://jalopnik.com/nissan-to-show-a-brz-fighter-concept-and-something-more-1447701729

Im guessing that the designers at nissan were given the task of bringing the 240/260z up to date... but they were all off their face on absinth..

I don't really get it.. when leno visited nissans design department their modern 240/260z was a handsome beast..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

A Veyron? Pfft. Everybody knows the new king of the hill is the Agera R,

In all seriousness, the RB26 (and RB28, RB30, RB32 for that matter) are fantastic engines in terms of reliability and power... and e-peen. Plus with aftermarket vendors like Tomei offering brand new, crate-units, these cars are so nice to work with now. Then there's all the other big JDM guys offering supporting parts...

In other words, more and more guys are swapping in post-2000 powertrains into pre-2000 chassis... and they're getting fantastic results. ;)

Highly recommend watching this video:

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

God, I wish Nissan brought back the 300ZX and the Skyline. Those things were beasts until Nissan decided to kill the 300ZX in '98. WHY NISSAN, WHY??????

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why on earth would anyone swap the stock straight six of a supra for a rougher less powerfull fourbanger?

But im with you on the NSX. It's a really good car. It was developed with help from one of my childhood heroes. but it doesn't really make me exited..

Ayrton Senna was quite the amazing person. It's so sad that he had to die, but he did so doing what he loved.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Here's my Silvia from many, many years ago... SR20DET was a good little rocket. 

OJnRWLA.jpg

Would really love a JZX110 Chaser...

Nice car, not a fan of the rims though. Also, is it extremely pixelated, or is it just me?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

img3087u.jpg

Mmmmm, bugeye.

Yes, all you need to turbo charge a non-turbo is the turbo(s) and the supporting mods. This means anything from custom intakes, custom exhaust manifolds, custom exhaust, new programmable ECU and supporting connections, a perfect road-worthy tune.. of course, before you can do all of this you need to make sure your car can actually handle turbo power (ex. is the block strong enough, is the chassis in OK condition).

If you want more info, Mightycarmods turbo'd a Mazda Miata not too long ago with the stock turbo out of a MY09 Subaru Forester and a Haltech ECU. They also went through welding up the custom exhaust manifold and such.

If you don't want to watch nearly 90 minutes of awesome MCM stuff, they have a shortened 5 minute version for you (though if you're into JDM stuff and MCM, you really should watch the full 90 minutes)

Mighty Car Mods? MAAAAD :P

Mighty Car Mods? MAAAAD :P

Yeah, the other night Moog posted a huge FB post regarding how he lost one of his most treasured cars in a bushfire. Australia's car culture is unlike any other, and I hope the guys/gals down there are safe and stuff from these kinds of unfortunate events. If you haven't read it yet, I highly suggest you do. Just goes to show you how passionate MCM is about cars.

600340_10153350625435554_199679663_n.jpg

There are severe bush-fires in NSW at the moment. I actually lost my S13 Silvia to a bush fire. When I heard that the fires were headed our way I jumped in the VL Commodore with my mum to try and save it. The Police didn't allow us in as the whole Suburb was in lock down, and rightly so as the fire was extreme. There was a chance that the fire might miss the property where my car was parked. I waited and waited, and hoped and waited. And then I almost just kind of knew. I could feel that it was gone. Eventually I got a phone call a couple of hours later from a friend who just said "Its gone mate". That night on the Ch10 news I saw footage of it on fire. Seeing your car on the news on fire is something that I wouldn't wish on anyone, and I cant even imagine what it must be like for people who have lost so much more. The next day I was allowed to go and see it. And this is what I saw...

Just Car Insurance paid me out, and I imported a 180SX from Japan. I kind of never saw the 180SX as a "new" car. I felt like it was my Silvia reborn. Stronger and better and I got to work making it the best I could with the money I had. I guess we make up stories in our minds to try and make sense of it and I always felt that my 180 somehow carried some of the Silvia along with it. 

A lot of people around me at the time I lost the Silvia were saying "its just a car. buy another one". And I remember thinking - do these people really think its possible to BUY what we have? The passion. The love you have for your car. The thrill of the drive. The twist of the spanner. The crack of the bolt and the turn of the key. You can't buy this stuff. You earn it by having a relationship with your car over time and in turn you get to know yourself better. The good times. The bad times. The rewards and the frustration. Its a journey, just like we have with people. 

I had no idea back then that 10 years later I'd be making a show about cars with a million people watching it a week. And I'm happy to say that I don't think anyone in the MCM tribe thinks these things are "just a car". It really is so much more than that. A mindset and a personal expression. And there's this amazing resourcefulness thats abundant in the people who watch our show that we see every time we travel around the world and meet MCM fans. We don't see crap cars and dented panels. We see people with stories. People with something to learn. Dirty hands and cars that probably would have ended up as scrap. Its why we celebrate the broken. The dusty. The cheap. The guys that turn up to MCM meets in whatever they can afford. Doing repairs on the side of the road just to turn up and say "I'm here. I made it!". 

Because no matter what the media, authorities and people say about the "car scene" and modified cars, there's millions of us on roads all over the planet. Millions of people who understand it. Millions of people who are learning. Millions of people that don't have the money for a "cool" car. Millions of people who express themselves through their cars. Millions of people who will help others change a tyre or change the oil. Millions of people who know its so much more than just a collection of bolts, metal and plastic. 

So if you've ever felt like you have an unhealthy obsession for cars and driving - you're not alone. We get it. And there's millions of others just like you who get it too. 

So drive on people. There's a lot of roads out there to explore, and a lot of cars to fix. Just try and keep them away from bush fires! 

- Mighty Car Mods

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153350625435554&set=a.10150151027040554.407041.146030415553&type=1&theater

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Nice car, not a fan of the rims though. Also, is it extremely pixelated, or is it just me?

No its blurry as hell. It came from an era where digital camera's weren't great or popular this was just a dodgey scan I had... I'll have to dig up a HARD COPY :S and re-scan...

fugly, no thanks

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I'm into Honda's because VTEC GOES BWAAAAHHHH! Building my car

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

post-710-13823848205065_thumb.jpg

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

I prefer cars that are fast :P

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I'm into Honda's because VTEC GOES BWAAAAHHHH! Building my car

Do you know what V-TEC words :P

Pretty interesting (if you're into that kind of thing).

Funny you are :P

Very Tall Engine Cooling

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

this one is going to be turboed maybe 450ish go hp

yeah of course I know I'm not those ignorant people who don't know what they are doing (: Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control it helps with the low end torque and top power by opening the bigger intake or exhaust valves

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

this one is going to be turboed maybe 450ish go hp

yeah of course I know I'm not those ignorant people who don't know what they are doing (: Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control it helps with the low end torque and top power by opening the bigger intake or exhaust valves

That is correct, also because of the rev range, a fixed (non variable cam) valve position might be efficient at 2,500rpm but not at 3,500rpm, having variable cam phasing increases the efficiency over the whole range increasing fuel economy, torque and power :)

(Need to stop geeking out lol)

Very Tall Engine Cooling

Very funny lol

Very funny lol

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Come on, Nissan. Make the Silvia S16 and make her as beautiful as the S15.

That is correct, also because of the rev range, a fixed (non variable cam) valve position might be efficient at 2,500rpm but not at 3,500rpm, having variable cam phasing increases the efficiency over the whole range increasing fuel economy, torque and power :)

(Need to stop geeking out lol)

Very Tall Engine Cooling

hahahaha made me laugh the whole video xD

hahahaha made me laugh the whole video xD

Can't see the video, damn Firefox