hairdryer for cleaning PC?

SauronsV

I will order one of thoe air compressor things, but I want to see how effective a hairdryer would be, could this cause any harm to my PC?

2 minutes ago, SauronsV said:

I will order one of thoe air compressor things, but I want to see how effective a hairdryer would be, could this cause any harm to my PC?

I would not recommend this at all.

3 minutes ago, SauronsV said:

just go buy a can of compressed air to just pre-clean it before your air compressor arrives

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I have one of these and it's great!

https://www.amazon.ca/CompuCleaner®-Compressed-Disposable-Satisfaction-Guaranteed/dp/B00VAYIWSM

Quite powerful.  Plus, orientation doesn't matter, power doesn't trail off as the thing cools, it doesn't get cold an freeze your hand, and it never runs out so over time you will save a lot of money on cans of compressed air.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I have one of these and it's great!

https://www.amazon.ca/CompuCleaner®-Compressed-Disposable-Satisfaction-Guaranteed/dp/B00VAYIWSM

Quite powerful.  Plus, orientation doesn't matter, power doesn't trail off as the thing cools, it doesn't get cold an freeze your hand, and it never runs out so over time you will save a lot of money on cans of compressed air.

except you can buy like 75 cans of normal compressed air for one of those :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

except you can buy like 75 cans of normal compressed air for one of those :P 

I don't know where you're finding them but they're certainly not that cheap here.  Regardless, the other benefits are also valuable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't know where you're finding them but they're certainly not that cheap here.  Regardless, the other benefits are also valuable.

Well those things are pretty expensive here (from the ones I can find) where as I've found compressed air for like 1.5 quid per can (400ml) so you know :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

22 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well those things are pretty expensive here (from the ones I can find) where as I've found compressed air for like 1.5 quid per can (400ml) so you know :P 

Looks to me like they're pretty cheap: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ITdusters-com-EGP-COM-011-CompuCleaner-Electric-Duster/dp/B00S7CH6FK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466359814&sr=8-1&keywords=compucleaner

12 hours ago, SauronsV said:

Go ahead just turn the heat off. People makes too much of a fuss.

It would have same issue than with vacuum cleaners. Static electricity. I wouldn't recommed putting it inside the case, but you could have it outside, with safety margin of maybe 10cm.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv