Microsoft bringing its games on Steam

GoodBytes
10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

oh my god does that mean i can be able to play forza apex without damn restrictions? that's the one fucking thing i hate about windows store. they police the system requirements so damn much. i undershoot even the minimum system requirements for gta v but its still playable on low settings. windows store should allow me to play damn forza apex.

It is......... By the way. The requirements are still the same. It's just now on Steam but with the same Windows 10 requirement.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

It is......... By the way. The requirements are still the same. It's just now on Steam but with the same Windows 10 requirement.

AAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK I HATE YOU MICROSOFT STOP FUCKING ME OVER I WANT TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME I DON'T CARE IF MY SYSTEM IS CRAP I WANT TO PLAY IT. A FREE GAME IS A GOOD GAME, REGARDLESS OF SYSTEM. FUCK YOU MICROSOFT.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

AAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK I HATE YOU MICROSOFT STOP FUCKING ME OVER I WANT TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME I DON'T CARE IF MY SYSTEM IS CRAP I WANT TO PLAY IT. A FREE GAME IS A GOOD GAME, REGARDLESS OF SYSTEM. FUCK YOU MICROSOFT.

lol.

@GoodBytes I think this language is a bit excessive. Don't you?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

lol.

@GoodBytes I think this language is a bit excessive. Don't you?

yes but i'm extremely furious that microsoft would fuck over its customers like that simply because my pc isn't capable enough. yes, it's an old system, but it can run windows 10 extremely well and it is capable of running demanding games.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

yes but i'm extremely furious that microsoft would fuck over its customers like that simply because my pc isn't capable enough. yes, it's an old system, but it can run windows 10 extremely well and it is capable of running demanding games.

Let me guess. it's the GT610? and 4GB RAM?

Let me guess. it's the GT610? and 4GB RAM?

same gpu, but 6gb of ram. wish i can run 8, but 6 will do. and it still has the same q6600. its still more than capable of running gta v, even if it has to be on low/medium.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't know what you do with your game discs, and perhaps it might be best no one knows, but it isn't a problem with game console. And the game doesn't need the disc as we have plenty of drive space. Back then it was more for accessing the music, or game videos. Now full disk installs can be made. And the DRM scheme you speak off, that was after from what I am talking about. This is where big publishers were formed, and the days that the only thing they cared is that you buy the game, the moment you give them money, then toss you on at the bin and don't care. But not all games where like this.

You mean the good old days of pulling out your user manual and searching frantically for the right page of the drm unlock... Or misplacing it in the pile of shit by your computer and being completely unable to play the game.. 

Pretty annoying.

I don't think it has ever been better than it is now, mainly because DRM is currently non-intrusive even if a bit overdone. 

5-10 years ago was the absolute worst...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

37 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

You mean the good old days of pulling out your user manual and searching frantically for the right page of the drm unlock... Or misplacing it in the pile of shit by your computer and being completely unable to play the game.. 

Pretty annoying.

I don't think it has ever been better than it is now, mainly because DRM is currently non-intrusive even if a bit overdone. 

No. I am talking about the game, you installed, put the serial number (which you can log on a file or excel sheet for easier re-install in the future), and you are done. Ready to play. The DRM system was simply that if you shared that key, no 2 can use the online component at the same time.

And if there was no online system, then it would be IDENTICAL to how The Witcher 1, 2, and 3 works. Which means, nothing. You can't fight piracy, make a good game that doesn't favor piracy (high value).

On 6/19/2016 at 3:45 AM, AluminiumTech said:

[Sarcasm]Well gee, sorry I am not into all the newest lingo [/sarcasm]

fan.JPG

I am not a fangirl in any way. I do think logically and am unbiased. If Microsoft makes a product which has flaws I'll be happy to point them out if I do a review of it.

There are multiple definitions depending on how you use it. The initial creation of "fangirling" was referring to the behavior of a fangirl, as it is entirely different to fanboying. You do not have to be a girl to fangirl.

They have made plenty of them, but the fact that you think they haven't, proves you are a fangirl. :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Finally a fucking good idea in an industry hats largely been travelling downhill for the last couple of years.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:48 PM, Curufinwe_wins said:

Pretty annoying.

yep, we have it so good now.

in the old days reliance on physical discs and shelf space meant was not convenient to purchase an old or obscure title, retailers obviously couldn't afford to keep massive libraries of pc games in stock. Now the advent of digital distributions means publishers can keep their old games indefinitely on the virtual shelves.

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere, but if they put them on Steam, they'll probably only work on Windows 10 systems that have the Anniversary update (or newer), as they are starting to support external installations of UWP through .appx files in that update. 

Or do they actually mean they will release them on Steam as Win32 programs?

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

On 6/17/2016 at 8:30 PM, Rune said:

I hope it is truly on STEAM and not a weird microsoft version of that uplay crap where you launch it in steam, then it opens uplay and then your game. Looking at you, Watchdogs.

Looking at every UbiScam game since 2012 really... 

Very few exceptions like Stick Of Truth which was nearly finished, ran out of money and then UbiScam bought it.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW