Budget Gaming, is a gt 730 enough?

owenhar1

I am wondering if a gt 730 is enough to run games like ARK Survival, GTA V, and Subnautica. And I know that I could get a better graphics card for a lower price but I am planning on buying and not building a system. Also would accept reputable system builders online.

Link to computer i'm possibly getting: http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-3650-desktop/pd?oc=dddoclot216b&model_id=inspiron-3650-desktop.

1 minute ago, IskanderEXC said:

STOP DONT GET IT the GT 730 is one of the worst B4B cards out there

Alright thank you! Any recommendations to any system builder would help to.

My budget is around 650$ to 700$ including a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

3 minutes ago, owenhar1 said:

Alright thank you! Any recommendations to any system builder would help to.

Are you able to build your own system or do you have to buy a pre built?

2 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

8 minutes ago, owenhar1 said:

I am wondering if a gt 730 is enough to run games like ARK Survival, GTA V, and Subnautica. And I know that I could get a better graphics card for a lower price but I am planning on buying and not building a system. Also would accept reputable system builders online.

Link to computer i'm possibly getting: http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-3650-desktop/pd?oc=dddoclot216b&model_id=inspiron-3650-desktop.

1 minute ago, IskanderEXC said:

Well, kind of. I've never built a system before and I don't want to buy used parts. I would prefer buying it as a whole computer too. But im open to ideas.

3 minutes ago, owenhar1 said:

Well, kind of. I've never built a system before and I don't want to buy used parts. I would prefer buying it as a whole computer too. But im open to ideas.

idk,since it's a low budget i'd build it myself and safe a few bucks

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

6 minutes ago, owenhar1 said:

Do you need an OS included into the price?

On a budget like that you'll struggle to get anything good unless you build it yourself to be honest.

I guess you could save.

I think the bare minimum you can get is the GTX 750. Not the Ti. Or the Radeon HD 7850.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

7 minutes ago, owenhar1 said:

you better get the system first excluding the GPU, get the GPU later on since it will be the thing that would affect your game more

9 minutes ago, owenhar1 said:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/7q2zyf
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/7q2zyf/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: PNY Anarchy 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($24.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  ($189.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ NCIX US) 
Monitor: Acer G236HLBbd 23.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($90.98 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($24.49 @ Amazon) 
Total: $687.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-13 11:17 EDT-0400

OS key from Kingwin or Reddit for like $10. Try and buy from a mod or verified seller.

13 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

Interesting video. :) When I was watching the video, I was guessing the new $100 card would be the Zotac GTX 750 Ti, which I've seen hovers around the $100 price point.
As for used ebay cards, what do you think (at least on the Nvidia) side of ones like the GTX 275/285, or GTX 460/470?  I think I saw some around that price range a few months ago when I was looking at getting one.  (I had some iGPU driver/crash/BSOD issues then.  They have resolved, so I decided not to get one of those, planning to spend ~$380-400 on a Pascal/Polaris GPU soon though.)

25 minutes ago, owenhar1 said:

Build it, seriously, we arent lying when we say its easy and we can help you make sure you buy every part you need that is 100% compatible

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The integrated HD 530 graphics on the i5-6400 is already around the level of a GT 740. A GT 730 would be a complete waste of money.

I won't dissuade you from a pre-built system if that's what you want, but you really should try to find one with a better thought-out configuration. An i5-6400 is actually a relatively high-end gaming processor, but the GT 730/740 is basically in "might as well just buy an Xbox" territory. You really need a better video card to make this worthwhile, even if it means you end up with a Core i3 or something as a result.

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Build it, seriously, we arent lying when we say its easy and we can help you make sure you buy every part you need that is 100% compatible

Alright thanks a lot i am now planning on building a system and I will probably start a new forum for that. 

1 minute ago, owenhar1 said:

Alright thanks a lot i am now planning on building a system and I will probably start a new forum for that. 

yeah get some build ideas, make sure you list everything you need (peripherals, os, budget, location, and what you need it for)

the community will help you get the right spec and components

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can try xidax. They make pretty good computers for selected different prices 

• CPU
    Intel I-7 6700
  • Motherboard
    Msi Z270i Pro Gaming Carbon AC
  • RAM
    16 GB Crucial
  • GPU
    Msi 4gb GTX 960
  • Case
    Corsair 380t
  • Storage
    Seagate FireCuda 1TB
  • PSU
    Random Antec 500w from 2010
  • Display(s)
    Asus VS278
  • Cooling
    Exhaust: LTT NF-F12 Intake: Thermaltake Riing 140mm Orange Heatsink:corsair H75
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G105
  • Sound
    Onkyo 5.1 surround Theater Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Wolf585 said:

You can try xidax. They make pretty good computers for selected different prices 

I was looking at that but they got pricy to quickly

If you're concerned about building a PC yourself another option is to do something where you find any prebuilt PC with something like an i5, 8 or more gigs ram, a decent sized case and then buy and put in a GTX750 yourself.

A GPU swap is pretty easy and the GTX 750 has very lower power requirements and shouldn't require you to swap out the power supply.

That should be quite doable with a $600-$700 price range.

1 hour ago, owenhar1 said:

Here's a good idea:

http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/productdetails/vostro-3900-mini-tower/smov3900w7219

TL;DR, it's a Vostro 3900 w/ Core i5 4460, 8GB of RAM, 1TB harddrive, and a GTX 745 (4GB).

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB