Stupid Questions

chicksoup

I'm not sure if it's only me, but so many people are asking such obvious questions. It's good that they ask, but maybe they can research before hand? Is this forum turning in a go to place for people who need to decide between sli 780 or single titans? I don't even think people asking such questions should buy that just like you wouldn't get a 16 year old a Porsche. 

Asking questions is a part of learning. Google might have many answers, but the answers might not be formulated in a way that makes them reader friendly for newcomers. All of us have asked stupid questions at one point. Non of us was born tech savy. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I just don't like it when people ask questions that they can easily google

that's what I mean...or they don't look around on the forum...

i dont like the spammy members who post ~100 posts a day that have ABSOLUTELY ZERO relavence. 

these same members always make threads over BS. 

i dont mind newbs asking simple questions like "Hows this build?" or "is this power supply enough?" but for a 'veteran' member to post "so today at school/ i really like this/ oh look a random picture off google etc..." thats what pisses me off.

Esp when someone who has 2000+ posts puts some pointless nonsense topic in "General Discussion" even though it has no relevance to life.

THIS ISNT FACEBOOK PEOPLE

/end_rant

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

a stupid question is easy to answer, a stupid mistake is hard to fix.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I originally came for OC help with my Biostar mobo. Still haven't found anything helpful, so I give up. Won't hold voltage to save it's life.

I do enjoy contributing if I can. I am on here at least 5 minutes every other waking hour.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

a stupid question is easy to answer, a stupid mistake is hard to fix.

yeah, but my main point was that non techies are trying to build a 3000$ rig

If they want to let them. It's not like it affects you in a negative way.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

do u guys remember stan92 xD

single handily ruined this forum for two days

but the forum is still great

i would love if we could not let any one in

(has to past tests first)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

do u guys remember stan92 xD

single handily ruined this forum for two days

but the forum is still great

i would love if we could not let any one in

(has to past tests first)

Oh god. I remember that post. Stan92's questions. (I remember his stupid response to the "How old are you" question. -I'm 21...) I got so pissed off that day. That is the only valid example I can let through as a point towards googling obvious questions. Other than that, this forum was made for on the premise of helping newbs. So "stupid" questions should be expected.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Asking questions is a part of learning. Google might have many answers, but the answers might not be formulated in a way that makes them reader friendly for newcomers.

Or are just too lazy to search or read and prefer to make YET another topic. In few cases also get pissed when people tell them "use search option".

To be honest screw the stupid questions - more like WTF is with "ask a [insert you nick]" stupid topics.

Most communities are just going down the drain - same questions asked even thought they have been answered trillion times. I dont ask questions because i can find them already. If you are "patient zero" and first to encounter a problem then yes. But if you are just to damn lazy to search this forum or use google to find answer then this is answer to the poll.

We as humans are getting more and more lazy and dependable on machines...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

We are bitching about people using adblock since it can result in the Internet becoming desolate and forums shut down.

We are bitching about people pirating because it means that the developers we love make less money and less games.

We are bitching about Anonymous hacking random shit and doing harm to the tech industry because it can create less competition and more expensive products.

We do this because it is bad for the manufacturers which we love, trust and wants to develop new technology for us to enjoy.

This development needs to come from and be funded by money and who gives them that money?

Is it not for the most part newbies who wants bragging rights, newbies whom doesn't know the difference between AMD and Intel and fanboys whom think that XBOX One is the next supercomputer?

If it weren't for them, what would fuel the industry with money? We who actually knows that upgrading Ivy to Haswell is pointless? We who searches the world for the best prices on Earbuds? I don't think we would be able to.

Truth of the matter: The tech world needs they're money bacause without the people who starts pointless threads and buys things without needing it we would still have Pentium processors and be rocking 8800GTs...

So why the F*** are we bitching about newbies wanting to build a 3000 Dollar rig when this means that we get better products in the end?  :huh:

Rant over

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

i love the

"which cpu and gpu should i get" Questions without telling us anything else

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i love the

"which cpu and gpu should i get" Questions without telling us anything else

yup I bet I can find one on the first page :D

I just don't like it when people ask questions that they can easily google

Yea :)

''I need/want a GeForce GTX 780, should I buy a GeForce GTX 780'' or some shit like that rofl

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Stupid Questions

Is Linus homophobic?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist

I just recommended the 4th $400 build this week. They all looked the same and they all don't include the GeForce 640 GT, that the OP was going to buy. :D

On the one hand i like composing build recommendations but on the other hand they could have searched it here on the forums. It's not the first time that someone wants to build a $500 gaming PC. -.-

who cares...

i dont like the spammy members who post ~100 posts a day that have ABSOLUTELY ZERO relavence.

these same members always make threads over BS.

i dont mind newbs asking simple questions like "Hows this build?" or "is this power supply enough?" but for a 'veteran' member to post "so today at school/ i really like this/ oh look a random picture off google etc..." thats what pisses me off.

Esp when someone who has 2000+ posts puts some pointless nonsense topic in "General Discussion" even though it has no relevance to life.

THIS ISNT FACEBOOK PEOPLE

/end_rant

Most of my posts are in OT therefore dowsnt add to post counter

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

It's counter-productive to complain about posts that you believe are meaningless. Just ignore topics/posts that don't spark your interests and let the mods take care of the rest.

Most of my posts are in OT therefore dowsnt add to post counter

I don't care about post count. I do care however about making this forum enjoyable. And countless stupid topics over horse garbage and BS.

This isn't a blog or a reddit forum its a TECH forum. I get OT posts and all but stupid crap like what happened last night? Ya

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP