Good and *quiet* case fans?

So I have the NZXT S340 and I still only have the 2 case fans that it came with, and they're both exhaust fans (one in the back and one at the top). 

So what are good case fans that I can mount in the front for intake? 120mm or 140mm works. Maybe sum LED's but those don't matter.

Thanks Peeps!

Noctua

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

Amazon or Newegg and I'm located in the U.S. 

For budget, as cheap as possible but not compromising on performance. I'm willing to spend a little extra for extra performance/quality. Preferably under $100. 

1 minute ago, Spazegamer said:

Amazon or Newegg and I'm located in the U.S. 

For budget, as cheap as possible but not compromising on performance. I'm willing to spend a little extra for extra performance/quality. Preferably under $100. 

Are you planning to replace the stock case fans or are you satisfied with them?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you planning to replace the stock case fans or are you satisfied with them?

They're not bad but I have them as exhaust only which is not doing too much to get rid of dust. I guess I could replace them but I'd prefer to just install new ones in the front.

2 minutes ago, Spazegamer said:

They're not bad but I have them as exhaust only which is not doing too much to get rid of dust. I guess I could replace them but I'd prefer to just install new ones in the front.

Real Silent's are good. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CUKCN9E/?tag=pcpapi-20

Based upon reviews and having used some of these myself (Noctuas, Cougars and Aerocools), here's my input.

Without LEDs:

Noctua/Noctua Redux

beQuiet Silent Wings 2

Cougar

Phanteks

Gentle Typhoons

With LEDs:

Aerocool DS

Cougar

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

i'm really happy with my fractal design venturic af14.

the thing has actually ripped a stuffy fanfilter with its static pressure before :P

and noise wise... its just air moving xD

Oh, another question, the intake fans in the front are basically right up against a filter, should I go with static pressure or air flow fans?

Corsair AF and SP series are pretty good. reasonable amounts of airflow and remarkably quiet. I have 5 of them in a mid tower about 1-2ft from my head and i don't hear them. ever.

As for the filter, so long as it isn't a REALLY fine filter, you would be fine with air flow fans. But if you're the kind of guy who forgets to clean it, or if there's things like drive cages in the way, or not all that much space for intake, SP is the way to go for you. when in doubt, go with SP fans. they often perform VERY closely to AF fans in CFM and noise (even in open air environments) that if you're not sure, you may as well go with SP. the only catch is that your airflow will be less directional than an AF fan (the air will come out in a cone shape rather than in a more cylindrical one) but this is rarely a problem for most PC owners.

16 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Corsair AF and SP series are pretty good. reasonable amounts of airflow and remarkably quiet. I have 5 of them in a mid tower about 1-2ft from my head and i don't hear them. ever.

As for the filter, so long as it isn't a REALLY fine filter, you would be fine with air flow fans. But if you're the kind of guy who forgets to clean it, or if there's things like drive cages in the way, or not all that much space for intake, SP is the way to go for you. when in doubt, go with SP fans. they often perform VERY closely to AF fans in CFM and noise (even in open air environments) that if you're not sure, you may as well go with SP. the only catch is that your airflow will be less directional than an AF fan (the air will come out in a cone shape rather than in a more cylindrical one) but this is rarely a problem for most PC owners.

Nice, how are these? https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vXDwrH/corsair-case-fan-co9050005ww

9 minutes ago, Spazegamer said:

They're good but are worse than similarly priced alternatives. 140mm's would also be better than 120mm's. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/k9xfrH/noctua-case-fan-nfp14sredux1200

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're good but are worse than similarly priced alternatives. 140mm's would also be better than 120mm's. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/k9xfrH/noctua-case-fan-nfp14sredux1200

So the fan you linked there is good with static pressure right? So it won't have any difficulty getting air through when I put it next to the front filter.

Edit: Nevermind, if only there was a 2-pack.

Edited by Spazegamer

Nothing wrong with any of the fans anyone else is suggesting either. Those noctuas you just posted would do you fine. The fanboy in me just wanted to bring your attention to the corsair fans to increase your options since no one was mentioning them. Also if you had to pick the "one" brand that was a leader in the fan industry, it would probably have to be noctua, so there's certainly no reason not to go with them if that's what you want (although a lot of their fans tend to look a little uglier imo, they're often the best performing even if by a small margin)

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

Nothing wrong with any of the fans anyone else is suggesting either. Those noctuas you just posted would do you fine. The fanboy in me just wanted to bring your attention to the corsair fans to increase your options since no one was mentioning them. Also if you had to pick the "one" brand that was a leader in the fan industry, it would probably have to be noctua, so there's certainly no reason not to go with them if that's what you want (although a lot of their fans tend to look a little uglier, they're often the best performing even if by a small margin)

Yeah there's no way I would go with noctua's regular fans. Idk what they were thinking with that color scheme. The redux versions are nice though.

8 minutes ago, Spazegamer said:

So the fan you linked there is good with static pressure right? So it won't have any difficulty getting air through when I put it next to the front filter.

All fans have some amount of static pressure and it doesn't take that much to push through a dust filter. 

2 minutes ago, Spazegamer said:

Yeah there's no way I would go with noctua's regular fans. Idk what they were thinking with that color scheme. The redux versions are nice though.

Their color scheme is instantly recognizable which is something that is almost unique to Noctua alone when it comes to fans and is probably a large part in why their so well known in the first place.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

All fans have some amount of static pressure and it doesn't take that much to push through a dust filter. 

Their color scheme is instantly recognizable which is something that is almost unique to Noctua alone when it comes to fans and is probably a large part in why their so well known in the first place.

Yeah, but if it wasn't for the redux, I would've gone with any other brand. I'm one of those people who wouldn't be able to deal with looking through the window in my case and seeing that poop brown. And from what I've read I'm not the only one :D