Windows 7 gets "Service Pack 2"

GoodBytes
26 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

2) They do care about "random nobodies". Have you been living under a rock for the last few years? Mass surveillance are targeting pretty much everybody. Hell, an official report from Belgian authorities states that they knew about the planned terrorist attack that happened in Paris all the way back in 2014. The reason why it was not stopped? Because everyone was busy looking though reports and data about other people. There is solid evidence that suggests that governments and other authorities are collecting so much info about people, that they do not have enough resources to actually look though it all, even going as far as to ignore people they know are planning terrorist attacks.

ignorance is bliss

well you live in sweden, so they still take telemetry on any phones you use or whatnot, whether you use a VPN or not, they know where you are connecting to, just not what youre sending

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

and btw they dont care about random nobodies

do you think youre going to get arrested for swearing on the internet or something?

sure they might look through your activity, but as long as you havent done anything severely illegal nobody is going to bother you

if they did then we would see billions of people getting arrested for downloading a movie or song illegaly

personally I dont do terrorist attacks, so I'm not worried about getting arrested any time soon

maybe you do, maybe thats why you're so concerned about them not knowing who you are, idk

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 5/19/2016 at 0:56 AM, Enderman said:

its funny that you think disabling telemetry somehow keeps your ISP and the government from tracking everything you do

the main difference between the ISP and Windows "telemetry" is that the ISP doesn't know what's in the traffic (we'll assume it's a secure connection), while MS has a logger in the OS recording everything

14 minutes ago, zMeul said:

the main difference between the ISP and Windows "telemetry" is that the ISP doesn't know what's in the traffic (we'll assume it's a secure connection), while MS has a logger in the OS recording everything

not everything, just stuff like how often you use stuff, what programs you use, when your pc is on, when you use your PC, etc...

basic telemetry

you do have the option to enable more advanced telemetry too through, thats in the settings

the main thing is that they cant see what data is on your PC, so i dont see any problem here

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

not everything, just stuff like how often you use stuff, what programs you use, when your pc is on, when you use your PC, etc...

basic telemetry

you do have the option to enable more advanced telemetry too through, thats in the settings

the main thing is that they cant see what data is on your PC, so i dont see any problem here

that's what you think - fact is, MS has a keylogger in the OS and even a screen grabber 

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

that's what you think - fact is, MS has a keylogger in the OS and even a screen grabber 

people have analyzed the telemetry data being sent to microsoft with wireshark

personal data or screenshots are not part of it

they are small packets a few kilobytes in size, there is no way you can fit any kind of image in that

download wireshark yourself and take a look if youre so scared

i can tell you right now that microsoft doesnt have my data because i have not seen my internet connection upload 2TB of files behind my back

and unless they can magically squeeze 2TB of files into a 2kB packet, they dont have my data

also, about your paranoid keylogger claims: http://www.winbeta.org/news/relax-windows-10-doesnt-have-a-malicious-keylogger

you should try to get a grasp on reality once in a while, because it seems to me all those guys spreading "microsoft spies on you!!11!" BS is affecting you

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Enderman said:

well you live in sweden, so they still take telemetry on any phones you use or whatnot, whether you use a VPN or not, they know where you are connecting to, just not what youre sending

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

Are you saying that my cellphone provider is taking telemetry data? That might be true (although my cellphone provider is also very against data collection, making open letters like this one saying they do not interpret the law like the government says it should be interpreted, and they stopped logging user information until the Swedish government threatened to fine them for not following the law).

Are you saying my ISP is taking telemetry data? They don't, and they have even taken the Swedish government to the EU court over this issue. They are currently fighting to have the Swedish law abolished because they so strongly disagree with it.

Are you saying Microsoft takes telemetry data? Yes, and that is what I am against.

Meta data is very important, but what is actually in the data is arguably far more important.

36 minutes ago, Enderman said:

and btw they dont care about random nobodies

do you think youre going to get arrested for swearing on the internet or something?

sure they might look through your activity, but as long as you havent done anything severely illegal nobody is going to bother you

if they did then we would see billions of people getting arrested for downloading a movie or song illegaly

Yes they do care. Right now work is being done on artificial intelligence that will try and predict crimes before they even happen. That is extremely scary because you might get treated as a criminal because an algorithm has concluded that my behavior is indicating that I might rob a bank.

There have also been studied made showing that mass surveillance affects our behavior subconsciously. We self-censor opinions we believe we are in the minority of having. That is a real and very big threat to democracy.

Oh, and I do lots of illegal things. Everyone does. The average person breaks the law something like 3 times a day without even thinking of it. The reason why we don't see a billion people getting arrested is, like I said when I was talking about the Paris attack, because of limited resources. People are literally dying in terrorist attacks, and one of the reasons is because governments are busy spying on your average Joe instead of well known terrorists.

There are 0 good reasons why we should accept this mass surveillance. It is actively harming the only excuse they have to continue doing it.

9 minutes ago, Enderman said:

people have analyzed the telemetry data being sent to microsoft with wireshark

personal data or screenshots are not part of it

they are small packets a few kilobytes in size, there is no way you can fit any kind of image in that

download wireshark yourself and take a look if youre so scared

I really like to know who these "people" actually are

as for being "scared", I'm not - I don't use my W10 laptop that often; as for W7 telemetry, I've skipped all the relevant KBs

1 hour ago, othertomperson said:

Or you know, basically any non-Windows OS.

I will never understand Americans. The mere whisper of the government making it harder for criminals and the mentally ill to get guns, and you guys to ape-shit. However when it is proven that your government is spending unprecedented amounts of money on tracking the communications of every single one of you (and most of us too), and that Microsoft is essentially bugging your personal computers and then sending any and all information requested to your government for the sole purpose of spying on you, you give them your unilateral support.

Lol ya cause only microsoft is "spying" on its customers, enjoy your bubble of ignorance bud.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

8 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Lol ya cause only microsoft is "spying" on its customers, enjoy your bubble of ignorance bud.

As far as Desktop OSes available for custom PCs go, pretty much Windows is the only one with this (or any) level of spying. Mind you, the only alternative being Linux might have something to do with that.

Enjoy your bubble of ignorance, but.

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

Wow. No. You better have proof on this claim, and not saying crap because you read some idiot anti-Microsoft say it online, or a click bait article with no proof.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Wow. No. You better have proof on this claim, and not saying crap because you read some idiot anti-Microsoft say it online, or a click bait article with no proof.

gotta stop watching Banacules.

1 hour ago, Nexxus said:

It's ok, let them continue to fight this. Let them continue to use Chrome, Android, Chromebook, Firefox, Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8, all thinking they are private, safe and secure from "the government", when they all collect telemetry data enabled by default, and in the case of all Google product, actually tracks its users, collects interest, get to know them, to sell and make money on. And let them think Google makes its Billions via magic.

We all know that the 'Government' has a secret mass facility, with staff monitoring each citizen, in fact, 1 staff per citizen, including 1 staff to monitor that staff, where on those staff, you have another person monitoring them, and so on. It makes no logical sense in terms of population count, but that is because the country is run by lizard aliens, and suppresses our understanding with clouds. Electricity, computers, all that is lizard technology, a master plan by the New World Order with the joint partnership with Illuminati group to slowly create this "computer", which is really a spying technology. YouTube, Facebook and websites, are traps to get people to be in front of their computer to be monitored. Malware and viruses are just tests by aliens to execuse experimental test to make sure that we try and solve the problem, to highlight how glued we are with those "computers" (spying devices).

They started this with the invention of the phone. You think they stop listening when your home phone is hanged up? Foools!!! It always listens to you. Smartphone is another spying technology by the Lizards, and the "radio frequencies", are nothing more than suppressors to not be able to see the lizards.

Here is a video showing how I am right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2mjs_gdMAI

It's on YouTube, with Microsoft Text to speech, so it must be true.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

I have posted it a very long time ago - don't make me dig it up

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

It's ok, let them continue to fight this. Let them continue to use Chrome, Android, Chromebook, Firefox, Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8, all thinking they are private, safe and secure from "the government", when they all collect telemetry data enabled by default, and in the case of all Google product, actually tracks its users, collects interest, get to know them, to sell and make money on. And let them think Google makes its Billions via magic.

We all know that the 'Government' has a secret mass facility, with staff monitoring each citizen, in fact, 1 staff per citizen, including 1 staff to monitor that staff, where on those staff, you have another person monitoring them, and so on. It makes no logical sense in terms of population count, but that is because the country is run by lizard aliens, and suppresses our understanding with clouds. Electricity, computers, all that is lizard technology, a master plan by the New World Order with the joint partnership with Illuminati group to slowly create this "computer", which is really a spying technology. YouTube, Facebook and websites, are traps to get people to be in front of their computer to be monitored. Malware and viruses are just tests by aliens to execuse experimental test to make sure that we try and solve the problem, to highlight how glued we are with those "computers" (spying devices).

They started this with the invention of the phone. You think they stop listening when your home phone is hanged up? Foools!!! It always listens to you. Smartphone is another spying technology by the Lizards, and the "radio frequencies", are nothing more than suppressors to not be able to see the lizards.

Here is a video showing how I am right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2mjs_gdMAI

It's on YouTube, with Microsoft Text to speech, so it must be true.

next thing you know we'll have something called smart tv's that listen to what we're saying in our own homes. nah, couldn't happen..........

6 hours ago, zMeul said:

I have posted it a very long time ago - don't make me dig it up

Please do. Because of its true. Microsoft would have its doors already closed, and declare bankruptcy.

23 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Please do. Because of its true. Microsoft would have its doors already closed, and declare bankruptcy.

Microsoft had a keylogger and screen grabber present in the Public Preview builds of Windows 8 & 10, sure. They didn't even try and hide it, it was stated in caps on the ISO download page.

They also stated that it would only be present in the preview builds and would be removed from the RTM. Its just typical Zmuel misquoting and misrepresentating facts as usual.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

• 2 weeks later...

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say"

- Edward Snowden (2015)

I dont want to be spied on, but I am not going to go to drastic measures or things that use a lot of time to avoid it, but I do not like it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking