U'd better sit down for this - suggested retail prices for the GTX1080 "founders edition"

zMeul

Dat Hungarian inflation...

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

790 euro WTF
What is the GTX1070 going to be then 500-600?
This is what happens when you don't have a strong AMD 5 years ago we had dual cards like the GTX590 release for less.
And the 1080 isn't even a big chip this would be traditionally a x60 range chip with that die size.
With those crappy prices and the driver issues I've been having for months now I might switch to AMD if Polaris is good.

RTX2070OC 

4 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

€789?

AMD, your chance to make yourself the price-per-performance king of 2016 is here. Take it.

They already are?

I once read something where they said "jewvidea" due to the high prices Nvidea has, that comparison doesnt seem that odd now if you ask me.

note:

inB4 any SJW/jewish person feels offended, Im not responsible for made comparison combined with a stereotype included, so if your feels are hurted, please see /g/ on 4chan, they will probably say they are sorry for what they said.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Ouch, I bought my 980ti for EUR 739 right after launch. And that doesn't have a reference design cooler...

Should've postponed my trip to the US this year, could've picked one of these cards up much cheaper that's for sure. :(

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

2 hours ago, Alexp10v2 said:

I see people complaining about prices, and I agree, they are BS, the UK Markup can sometimes be acquitted to the fact we have to pay a 20% VAT on everything. So the $699 is equivalent to ~£484, so with the VAT added, that should equal around £580. Where is the markup coming from then to make it £619?

Shipping, handling, import taxes, etc... Pretty sure nVidia isn't profiting more on this side of the ocean :P

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

The cheapest 980ti that you can get in my country goes for the equivalent of $1000 usd. I can't imagine how expensive the 1080 will be when it eventually gets here. 

32 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

They said double the performance of a titan X.  Your graph shows a 980.  Where is this full on double performance of a titan x?  That's the exaggeration they made.  I also said I don't expect Polaris to compete, but Vega to compete with the 1070 and 1080.  I highly doubt the only new cards are going to be the 1070 and 1080 from Nvidia.  The 1060 and under is what Polaris will compete against.  They still will be competing against Nvidia.  So, if we go by your logic then we can say that Nvidia has no entry or mid-range competition against Polaris.

I think you should look at my graph a bit more clearly. It is showing more than 2x in VR. Possibly even 3x.

We have so far not seen any VR benchmarks so we can't say if it was an exaggeration or not. Their other benchmarks in that graph seems pretty accurate.

Yes, it would be perfectly logical to say that Nvidia does not have a pascal card to compete with Polaris. Pascal is right now only high end cards. Polaris will be low and mid range cards according to AMD. So for a few months we might end up in a situation where if you want a high end card, you get Nvidia, if you want a low or mid range card you get AMD. They will not be competing in the same price brackets (until Nvidia releases lower end cards, and AMD releases higher end cards).

4 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Seriously, what the heck? As if the exchange rate wasn't bad enough, they jack the Canadian prices up even higher!? Was considering the 1070, but looks like I won't be able to afford that either. :(

I think Adam Sandler said it best.  Quote link

Currency volatility is one thing, but seriously does anyone actually think that the CAD is going much lower than it currently is and has been for awhile?  I doubt it.   It's a bit too much of an obvious delta to not be offended by in my books.

amazon (U.S) will ship GPUS to Canada for you.  you just gotta pay the conversion and duties i did the math today you can buy a 980ti 165$ cheaper on amazon U.S then newegg canada / ncix. i recommend people who want the 1080 to do this. you will save anywhere from 130-180$ 

2 minutes ago, brandonb21 said:

amazon (U.S) will ship GPUS to Canada for you.  you just gotta pay the conversion and duties i did the math today you can buy a 980ti 165$ cheaper on amazon U.S then newegg canada / ncix. i recommend people who want the 1080 to do this. you will save anywhere from 130-180$ 

How does the warranty hold up when you do that though?

1 minute ago, MoonSpot said:

How's the warranty hold up when you do that though?

fine? i had 980 die on me and artifact and i called evga and took care of it. i told them i bought it when i was staying in the US. and they replaced the card

2 minutes ago, brandonb21 said:

fine? i had 980 die on me and artifact and i called evga and took care of it. i told them i bought it when i was staying in the US. and they replaced the card

Cool!  It's historically been an issue with electronics in particular was why I asked.  But if they honour warranties for cross border shoppers than that'll be what everyone should opt for.  Though I remain skeptical that it won't be a problem.

1 minute ago, MoonSpot said:

Cool!  It's historically been an issue with electronics in particular was why I asked.  But if they honour warranties for cross border shoppers than that'll be what everyone should opt for.  Though I remain skeptical that it won't be a problem.

i just told them i ordered it off amazon while staying in a hotel room and they didnt seem to question it. now if the dollar spikes like it did during 2008-2007 where it was a 1.36$ cad us i would buy them in boat loads and resell on ebay. 

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

They said double the performance of a titan X.  Your graph shows a 980.  Where is this full on double performance of a titan x?  That's the exaggeration they made.  I also said I don't expect Polaris to compete, but Vega to compete with the 1070 and 1080.  I highly doubt the only new cards are going to be the 1070 and 1080 from Nvidia.  The 1060 and under is what Polaris will compete against.  They still will be competing against Nvidia.  So, if we go by your logic then we can say that Nvidia has no entry or mid-range competition against Polaris.

When they said 2x performance of Titan X it was meant for certain specific tasks.. I dont know what so don't ask (it is just like reported mileage of a  vehicle) 

HAhahaa, f*ck off Nvidia lol this 1080 marketing flood is making me sick. Stick it up your ass, the performance increase in real world gaming is super incremental like any other new gen since fermi... will wait for polaris and not get ripped off.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Finland as usual won't get the reference card, so these "founder's prices" are completely useless.

I'll be surprised if we even get a 1070/1080 card in Europe (UK and Germany excluded as they usually get launches) within the first 3 months. If something does come to the markets, it's expected to have a tag at least 1/3 of/or double the original price, which is still nothing compared to how they inflate the prices in Australia/NZ and in South America. 

Highest Price:
Turkey: 960.31 USD

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 minutes ago, Violeta said:

Finland as usual won't get the reference card, so these "founder's prices" are completely useless.

I'll be surprised if we even get a 1070/1080 card in Europe (UK and Germany excluded as they usually get launches) within the first 3 months. If something does come to the markets, it's expected to have a tag at least 1/3 of/or double the original price, which is still nothing compared to how they inflate the prices in Australia/NZ and in South America. 

At times I've been able to save hundreds of dollars by getting some one in the US to buy what I want then ship it over here, the prices in Australia are ludicrous.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

At times I've been able to save hundreds of dollars by getting some one in the US to buy what I want then ship it over here, the prices in Australia are ludicrous.

I've considered it, but since I'll have to collect it at customs, and pay the respective taxes, in the end it's still gonna be the same price, plus the additional delivery fee. Not to mention that whatever warranty it had in the US will not be held here.  

mfw

oUrBZ.png

Nvidia... why are you trying to capitalize on the slightly early adopters. At that price, I'd just say "fuck it" and get a high end 980 Ti at the same price or a lower end 980 Ti/Fury X for like $100USD cheaper.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Oh god those French Prices .... Well i won't be getting a gtx 1080 !

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

mfw

oUrBZ.png

Nvidia... why are you trying to capitalize on the slightly early adopters. At that price, I'd just say "fuck it" and get a high end 980 Ti at the same price or a lower end 980 Ti/Fury X for like $100USD cheaper.

Looking at the prices in europe , you could probably score 2 used gtx 980ti's if you look hard enough.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Looking at the prices in europe , you could probably score 2 used gtx 980ti's if you look hard enough.

You'll probably be able to score 2 new 980Ti's after the 1080 launches, because the sales of older tech are gonna start and you might find cards for 400-500 euros (currently being 800ish).