Nvidia order of 10 contest

spartaman64

Basically there are daily questions to solve for 10 days and each day you will have a chance to with one of 50 t shirts 50 pins and 1 1080 gpu. 

Avalible for the US,  Canada excluding quebec, the UK not including Northern Ireland, Finland, Denmark, France, Germany 

Math skills required. 

A pretty cool contest with the first question related with pascal which is awesome. It's nice of Nvidia to generate interest in math with these contests. 

Contest 1:

has something to do with pascals triangle 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_triangle

The stuff written in red is important 

The answer starts with an E

http://orderof10.com/challenge/1

http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-order-of-10-sweepstakes/

>Can't find question

>Realizes part of challenge is to find question

>Can't solve for what I need to solve

gg 1080 gotta get overtime at McDonalds if I want to bask in your glory.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

I know the answer. :P

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 hour ago, Admiral Naismith said:

>Can't find question

>Realizes part of challenge is to find question

>Can't solve for what I need to solve

gg 1080 gotta get overtime at McDonalds if I want to bask in your glory.

If the McDonald's you work at is like the one I work getting overtime is hard as hell 

Is Ireland even on the map still? UK is nearly literally stone throw away and we get stuffed for deals.

Fingers crossed I will be able to "import" GTX 1080 from UK with some bundled games... I wonder what the bundles will be. No mention of that just yet.

4 hours ago, MimigaKing said:

As expected, thanks for sharing nonetheless . :_

am i missing something? why is quebec always excluded from so many giveaways.

The first one had me for a while. I needed a few tips before I got it; shame I only got around to looking at the contest today so I lost out on the potential daily prize. The second one was pretty easy. Now I know how they're thinking I hope I can get the rest.

3 hours ago, Ashaira said:

Anything over 100$ and you have to fill paperwork and pay tax to include Quebec in the contest, it's just stupid.

4 hours ago, Ashaira said:

30 minutes ago, Megahurt said:

Anything over 100$ and you have to fill paperwork and pay tax to include Quebec in the contest, it's just stupid.

Indeed, anything over 100$ has an infinite bunch of stuff to fill and submit to the government including litigation, math skill-testing questions, precise stuff and whatnot and if they cannot deliver the gift for whatever reason, they could be sued under quebec law. AKA far too much to deal with to even bother 

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=3&file=/L_6/L6R6_A.htm

9 hours ago, ttam said:

Took like 15 seconds to figure out the answer

How? I don't want you to give me the answer but how did you know?

The 1st Challenge took me some time too ...

i am trying to solve the 2nd Challenge now. 

I need a hint on the second one!  a push in the right direction if anybody has figured it out!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

8 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

I need a hint on the second one!  a push in the right direction if anybody has figured it out!

I just Googled the crap out of every possible reference I could see in the puzzle. You'll know it when you see it.

2 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

for 2nd Challenge, use the Hilber's Curve, look at the 2nd Pattern. 

There you go, should be enough hint =P

by the way, are the prizes draw daily? 

Looks like I'm going to have to actually buy the GTX 1080 if I want it. I took one look at the first challenge and was like..

confused-look-1-o.gif

Stay in school, kids! Stay in school! :$

43 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

for 2nd Challenge, use the Hilber's Curve, look at the 2nd Pattern. 

There you go, should be enough hint =P

by the way, are the prizes draw daily? 

Got it!  Thanks for the tip!  

I think there are daily prizes and probably a bunch at the end as well.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I solved them both. Can't wait for the next one. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

God forbid they did this worldwide. I'd pay for shipping if needed.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

25 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

God forbid they did this worldwide. I'd pay for shipping if needed.

Blame your local government.  Governments around the world generally have very stupid laws about contests.  Nvidia would like nothing more than to have a truly global audience for this kind of stuff.

PC Build

Desk Build

13 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

Blame your local government.  Governments around the world generally have very stupid laws about contests.  Nvidia would like nothing more than to have a truly global audience for this kind of stuff.

While what may be true, it's hard for me to believe that only 7 countries have laws that would enable NV to do the contest. There are many contests that include almost same countries every time, but at the same time there are many contests that are available worldwide.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

While what may be true, it's hard for me to believe that only 7 countries have laws that would enable NV to do the contest. There are many contests that include almost same countries every time, but at the same time there are many contests that are available worldwide.

I don't know, the laws are complex and diverse and navigating them can be a big expense for large companies.  In a free world you wouldn't have to worry about it.  

PC Build

Desk Build