I bought a 980ti 29 days back and here comes the 1080

:Pcry. Thats computer hardware for you. But you should've known they were coming. Weve known they were on the way for months now.

Except of the fact that you could have saved some bucks is see no point in regreting your purchase. As long as performance is sufficient i would not care. I bought a used 980 two months ago. Whateves.

The hype of the new generation is so intense right now. I´d wait for benchmarks/tests first anyways.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Just now, Notree said:

:Pcry. Thats computer hardware for you. But you should've known they were coming. Weve known they were on the way for months now.

I expected them to be more expensive... But they're like a new level man.

don't feel too bad man I bought a 970 about a month ago :( lol

3 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Cheated? I think you are the only one to blame here

Will the 1080 actualy go for $599 non referance or will it be more?

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

Just now, Gadhoke said:

What should I do, I feel so helpless and cheated right now.

next time ask on the forum before you make a large investment. we were warning since months.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Gadhoke said:

What should I do, I feel so helpless and cheated right now.

Well honestly speaking, everyone and their mother who follows tech knew that Q1 and onwards would be a terrible time to purchase a card. You dun goofed big time.

You're now better off waiting for big pascal since you'll only loose value if you sell now.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

3 minutes ago, Chewique said:

Will the 1080 actualy go for $599 non referance or will it be more?

Custom cards are usually more expensive

Just now, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Custom cards are usually more expensive

Well isnt the founders edition the referance one? and the $599 one none referance ones?

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

8 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Cheated? I think you are the only one to blame here

As a matter of fact i did post my entire build on this forum, everyone gave me a thumbs up.

Just now, Gadhoke said:

As a matter of fact i did post my entire build on this forum, everyone gave me a thumbs up.

Err you could give it to me? for like £200? xD

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

well I bought R9 390 like 2-3 months ago and I'm also not happy with my decision

And there is nothing else you can do right now. Wait for that card to ship, so users will be able to test it, write reviews, benchmark it, drop test from top of the mountain etc.

After that you can decide if it's worth selling your current GPU and buy 1080, At least that's what I will do, but I'm going on 1070 instead.

If 1070 is realy better than titan x ... well there is nothing more that I need for next 2 years xD 

Will be selling my r9 390 for like 240€ + paying additional 250€ to get 1070. IF it will be worth it.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1080 will perform the same as the 980 Ti anyways to who gives

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

haha I know this pain too well. Bought myself a 980 and literally less than a week later the 980ti was announced. 

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

1080 will perform the same as the 980 Ti anyways to who gives

No the 1080 is better! Its like over %10 better :P Its better than titan x by a lot! thats why its so amazing!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

Just now, Chewique said:

Err you could give it to me? for like £200? xD

Um... I bought it for more than $600 so errr no lol
I'm trying to return it to the store, hope it works.

3 minutes ago, Gadhoke said:

So what's the problem then? The 980ti is still an amazing card. Stop whining please.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

1 minute ago, Gadhoke said:

Um... I bought it for more than $600 so errr no lol
I'm trying to return it to the store, hope it works.

Whats the warrenty? say you dont want it xD I was joking by the way!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

Typical, as soon as you buy it (any computer hardware) it's already outdated. As soon as I bought my 3930K the 4930K came out. As soon as I bought a pair of R9 290X 4GB cards the R9 390X 8GB cards came out, it's just how tech works.