Who is the best internet provider

radical guild
7 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

Google Fiber. But probably not in your area. 

Comcast generally has the monopoly on Internet in the US. 

and time warner

and charter

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

and time warner

and charter

Charter is usually in places where Comcast or Time Warner is an option. 

But all three are horrible. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

1 minute ago, connorpiper said:

Can't think of any good isps really.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Well where the hell do you live at?

Tennessee usa

rest of what? :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

rest of what? :P

Sorry I ment to say best

There is no such thing as the "best ISP", it's all a matter of opinion. For me, Comcast was the best ISP I've ever used and probably will ever use but so many people hate Comcast with a passion so who's right? Right now, I use Frontier because Comcast is not in my area and the other options are worst. Is Frontier good? Barely. Are they they best for me? Unfortunately yes.

-KuJoe

Google fiber will be in nashville soon.

Woo!

7 hours ago, Wiflare said:

Google fiber will be in nashville soon.

Cool

I dont know if this just applies to lucky people with Comcast but Ive had them for about half a year now and I havent had a problem. THe only thing is that is bad is there customer service, which we all know is bad. I pay for 75 MPBS download speed and 10 up and I have always hit about 90 down and 13 up. No problems

Maybe I am one of those lucky people?

21 hours ago, radical guild said:

I have Comcast now but is there anything better

Where do you live? The Cable and Phone companies in America have cut the country in to territories. Most of the time these providers will have no one to compete with or will have one other option in each territory. For example in Romulus MI, you can get Comcast and ATT. However ATT DSL is spotty in the area of the city I live in and Uverse is only deployed around the boarder of the city. There is also TDS, but they use ATT lines, so pretty much we have those choices. If you go to the city to the west of us they have like 3 or 4 options. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 hours ago, Acoleman18 said:

I dont know if this just applies to lucky people with Comcast but Ive had them for about half a year now and I havent had a problem. THe only thing is that is bad is there customer service, which we all know is bad. I pay for 75 MPBS download speed and 10 up and I have always hit about 90 down and 13 up. No problems

Maybe I am one of those lucky people?

Comcast over provisions service by like 20%. Thats why you get faster than what you pay for. It to make you feel special. Most of the issues with Comcast is pricing and Customer service. 

On 5/5/2016 at 9:50 PM, connorpiper said:

Had bad experiences with Charter?

Personally I've been happy with Charter, its been down once in nearly three years, and I never have problems with my speed. My dad dislikes Charter because of issues he has had over the years, but 99% of the time it was his router or line (using cable splitters) causing the issue. At my place I have a dedicated cable line all the way from the pole, a PFSense router, and everything is rock solid.

The one downside is that Charter gives out your phone number to BestBuy employees (I presume other retail chains too, but the few I asked both said BestBuy) who can earn commission by selling you add-ons, and some of them would call me hourly from 8am to 10pm until I raised hell with Charter. I eventually found out there are two Charter do-not-call lists, one for actual Charter employees that is easy to get on, and the other for third party resellers that you have to bitch about to get to someone who can get your number on the do-not-call list.

Side note: Charter is buying Time Warner, from what I understand it is a done deal.

From what I've been able to tell from reading posts from people all over the world is Singapore is definitely the best in general for good internet access plans (high speed, high or no data caps, low cost, etc.).  But Google Fiber too if that's an option.  Can't speak from experience, but based on what I've read, asking "is there anything better than Comcast?" is like asking "is there anyone nicer than Satan?" xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

57 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

From what I've been able to tell from reading posts from people all over the world is Singapore is definitely the best in general for good internet access plans (high speed, high or no data caps, low cost, etc.).  But Google Fiber too if that's an option.  Can't speak from experience, but based on what I've read, asking "is there anything better than Comcast?" is like asking "is there anyone nicer than Satan?" xD 

Comcast maybe more evil than Satan himself but they were some of the first to deploy IPv6 on their network and they are the first to adopt Docsis 3.1. So they are a little less evil for that.