Where to learn about computers online?

Hello there. I just recently started getting into computers (mostly for gaming). But I'm really new to this and I don't know much. The thing is, there is so much to learn and I don't really know where to look for information. I'm already doing a computer course but it's not too detailed. So I just wanted to know if there was a website of some sorts that could help me out, teach me the basics and stuff like that. I've already been looking but I didn't find a lot. Any kind of help will be appreciated, thanks.

Current specs: Gigabyte Aorus x370 Gaming K7 motherboard

Sapphire 5600XT

16 GB G-Skill TridentZ RAM

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

EVGA 650W Gold Power Supply

Basics in terms of PC hardware? LinusTechTips, my friend :) That's how I discovered everything I know today. If you mean software I just sort of learned from experience growing up with it and experimenting with things. 

watch some linustechtip videos, its how I got start out, and reading forum posts on stuff i didn't know about and asking questions to further my knowledge is a good idea.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

4 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

watch some linustechtip videos, its how I got start out, and reading forum posts on stuff i didn't know about and asking questions to further my knowledge is a goo

4 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Basics in terms of PC hardware? LinusTechTips, my friend :) That's how I discovered everything I know today. If you mean software I just sort of learned from experience growing up with it and experimenting with things. 

Yeah, I forgot to mention I do watch Linus' videos, and they did help me out, but sometimes I feel like I don't understand everything 100%. I'm interested mostly in hardware for now. 

Sapphire 5600XT

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

find a friend who can teach you with their hardware. as time goes by you will pick up more and more then you will realize that you know everything you need. usually after you buy the wrong component

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

If it's concepts of things like, how does a proccessor work or what does 64bit mean and come from? Stuff like that I believe can be found on as fast as possible, but a more in depth answer can be found one A.  Other YouTube videos or B. Online articles.  Or even C.  Free only classes/courses if you REALLY want to get in there on how things work.

Actually now that I think about it the fast as possible serious in general is a good way to just knock some basic understandings out of the way 

5 hours ago, cdsboy2000 said:

i personally think austin evans is a bit more noob friendly, sometimes linus goes a bit too in depth

5 hours ago, edlp456 said:

Yeah, I forgot to mention I do watch Linus' videos, and they did help me out, but sometimes I feel like I don't understand everything 100%. I'm interested mostly in hardware for now. 

he haves a channel named techquickie and its exactly what it sounds like, he explains terms in very few words and its easy to understand

Want to learn about computer means? Are you looking for hardware or software related training ? It would be better if you mention your specific ned. But anyway i  would like to suggest you some links from where you can learn both softwares and hardwares. Follow the below links 

https://www.lynda.com/

https://www.udemy.com/

http://www.softwarevideo.com

https://www.udacity.com/

Online Software Training | Software Tutorials | Softwarevideo

To learn basics u can simply search youtube: Linus Tech Tips, Tech Quickie, Tek Syndicate, Paul's Hardware, Awesome sauce network, Jay2Cents etc.

Go back few years because that's when they mostly talked about how things work and some details, nowadays it's less "how to" and more "here is new tech/vlog".

Then you can do your own research on topics that interest you (hardware purpose, programming, editing etc) on forums, articles. 

U can visit anandtech website for specific products. 

There's so much info out there and once you start researching you will discover tons of sources. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

5 hours ago, PeloyGeek said:

i personally think austin evans is a bit more noob friendly, sometimes linus goes a bit too in depth

he haves a channel named techquickie and its exactly what it sounds like, he explains terms in very few words and its easy to understand

I actually started out with Austin Evans, but he also made me buy an R7 240...

Alright, I already have added a ton of videos from Techquickie to my Watch Later list, so I have plenty of material for now lol. Thank you all :)

Sapphire 5600XT

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU