After 13 years with Nvidia, Leslie Pirritano leaves them to join AMD

don_svetlio
2 hours ago, Prysin said:

yeah.... red and black is so overused it isnt funny.

I wish we had more "insane" combinations. Like Black + bright pink. Pink is an excellent contrast color to black and blends very well.

Now I HAVE to make a Black / Bright Pink build at some point. Great Idea!

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

32 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Now I HAVE to make a Black / Bright Pink build at some point. Great Idea!

black and pink really is a damn good contrast combo. I love it for signature effects as they compliment eachother in a good way. Especially since you can play around with purple in there two, as a transitional color.

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

black and pink really is a damn good contrast combo. I love it for signature effects as they compliment eachother in a good way. Especially since you can play around with purple in there two, as a transitional color.

The third color for the build is silver.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

@Prysin Soz, I found the article in my news feed last night so I posted it.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

now that's a real woman

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

5 hours ago, thekeemo said:

600 series wasnt nerfed so meh :P

It IS nerfed.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

1 minute ago, Agost said:

It IS nerfed.

Yep. The 670 was originally faster than a 7950. 7950 is currently close to a 680

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Yep. The 670 was originally faster than a 7950. 7950 is currently close to a 680

Guess who's got a 670...

I have high hopes for Polaris being good enough for 4K, I want to switch to AMD.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Just now, Agost said:

Guess who's got a 670...

I have high hopes for Polaris being good enough for 4K, i want to switch to AMD.

Sorry for the nerf friend :/

6 hours ago, Agost said:

It IS nerfed.

It is not. None of my 600 series cards lost performance with new drivers. In fact they gained.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

6 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

So the performance improvements AMD has made in each driver update has been just the dreams of the owners of AMD graphics cards? Sorry but considering the Mobility Radeon HD5650 was getting optimizations right up until around November last year (and its a 2010 GPU), and only had optimizations discontinued because AMD could get no more performance out of them, and the fact that the performance of GTX 670 and GTX 680 haven't decreased, its just AMD actually doing the right thing.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

670 hasn't been nerfed. 7950 has been just improved since then since they're still using it (or were until this generation, now it's a rebrand of the 285), while  nvidia barely touches the 670. Hell, 700 series hasn't been nerfed outside of Witcher 3.

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

So the performance improvements AMD has made in each driver update has been just the dreams of the owners of AMD graphics cards? Sorry but considering the Mobility Radeon HD5650 was getting optimizations right up until around November last year (and its a 2010 GPU), and only had optimizations discontinued because AMD could get no more performance out of them, and the fact that the performance of GTX 670 and GTX 680 haven't decreased, its just AMD actually doing the right thing.

People get confused with it, I don't believe Nvidia deliberately hinder their cards through drivers, just that AMD is constantly optimising their cards, while Nvidia, focus' more on the current generation, rather than the previous one.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

2 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

People get confused with it, I don't believe Nvidia deliberately hinder their cards through drivers, just that AMD is constantly optimising their cards, while Nvidia, focus' more on the current generation, rather than the previous one.

Which is why I can get playability with FO4 on my MR HD5650 (although I run it at 680MHz not the stock 550MHz))

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If it had been an employee going the other way, Nvidia would have made a press release about it to rub it in in their typical gauche style. Notice how AMD doesn't care for that tasteless behaviour.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

13 hours ago, Prysin said:

yeah.... red and black is so overused it isnt funny.

I wish we had more "insane" combinations. Like Black + bright pink. Pink is an excellent contrast color to black and blends very well.

Tell ya what man, I will make it a goal to come up with insane builds just for you. I'm just getting into the modding game, but I'm hoping to really get into it hardcore, and I love the idea of "different" builds. ;)

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

27 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

If it had been an employee going the other way, Nvidia would have made a press release about it to rub it in in their typical gauche style. Notice how AMD doesn't care for that tasteless behaviour.

ahem... Roy Taylor hasnt exactly been quiet on twitter. Nor has Leslie. She has pretty much spread the word to everyone following her (which is a lot, cuz you know. "Attractive female gaming nerd working with computer tech" ).

8 minutes ago, Prysin said:

ahem... Roy Taylor hasnt exactly been quiet on twitter. Nor has Leslie. She has pretty much spread the word to everyone following her (which is a lot, cuz you know. "Attractive female gaming nerd working with computer tech" ).

And? If she wants to do so that's her personal choice.

I'm referring to how, in the past, whenever someone switched from AMD to Nvidia, Nvidia would make a press release - as a company - about it. That's something AMD never did.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

As for unique builds, I did a Final Fantasy 7 theme one :) 

I haven't seen any builds like mine! Lifestream, whoo!

and yes, she probably has a higher salary, hope she likes it at AMD!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Btw, the lizard is real xD since he was green, he was probably atracted by the color. 

2 minutes ago, OptimisticRealist said:

As for unique builds, I did a Final Fantasy 7 theme one :) 

I haven't seen any builds like mine! Lifestream, whoo!

and yes, she probably has a higher salary, hope she likes it at AMD!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

oh dear god, THE NOISE. I can hear it, from where i am now.

ive made 3 builds with that case. All with AIOs, one i later changed to a Noctua NH-D9L and i HATE how noisy that case is. ZERO noise dampening effect, actually it enhances the noise instead thanks to all the fucking mesh.

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

oh dear god, THE NOISE. I can hear it, from where i am now.

ive made 3 builds with that case. All with AIOs, one i later changed to a Noctua NH-D9L and i HATE how noisy that case is. ZERO noise dampening effect, actually it enhances the noise instead thanks to all the fucking mesh.

I actually have it customized optimally with Fan Xpert so it doesn't make much noise at all, all fans are corsair now. 

Remember, THANKS to the mesh, it is cooler, more air intake and the like - meaning less cooling by fans needed - more silence. 

10 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

Because AMD finally got their shyte together? Nvidia 600/700 run the same roughly as they alsways did. AMD got the driver performance finally right. Nvidia did nothing.

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler