My Horrible experience with Corsair customer service

So 1 month, 1 week and a few days ago I sent this letter to Corsair's customer service (because this makes sense):

Corsair Customer Service

Corsair Components, Inc.
47100 Bayside Parkway
Fremont, CA 94538

Dear Corsair Customer Service,

I recently purchased a 16GB kit of Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM from Amazon.com. After purchasing the RAM, I went on Corsair’s website to double check the specifications. I saw that you were offering a deal which you could get a free lightbar kit with the purchase of a RAM kit. Unfortunately I had already purchased the RAM so I couldn't order it from your website. The RAM cost about the same on Amazon as it did on your website. Could I get the lightbar kit for free? I appreciate your time reading this letter and hope you consider my request.

(cut out my address and some other stuff)

Well I haven't gotten a reply so I posted this letter on their support page and basically they were like "no".

And of course I was mad because I had waited so long to get a bleeping reply of "no". I was so mad in fact I couldn't finish doing some mathematical induction and I almost went insane and even worse stuff happened. All because of this.

Sigh.

People are too greedy these days ©   

Alnair (Main PC):

CPU: i9-7900X with EK Supremacy RGB and SE 360 radiator

RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 MHz

MB: Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

GPU: GTX 1070 Founder’s Edition

PSU: EVGA 850 G3

SSD: WD Blue M.2 1tb, Sandisk SSD Plus 1tb

Mistle (NAS):

CPU: Pentium G3258 with stock cooler

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI H81M-E33

GPU: Intel integrated 

PSU: 500w Cooler Master

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1

Armakarth (NAS/3D modeling station/my old computer)

CPU: i7-4790K with Hyper 212

MB: MSI Z97-G45

GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

PSU: 750W Sentey

SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 1tb WD Blue

The Pizza Cooker (server):

2x quad core 2.66 ghz Xeons

16gb DDR2 FBDIMM

Aaaand it's borked for night theme.

11 minutes ago, david31160 said:

I came here expecting Customer Service to actually be bad. Instead, you missed a promo and wrote to them asking for free stuff.

Think about what would happen to Corsair if they obliged. Suddently anyone who didn't purchase said promo can appeal that they should get one too, and Corsair would have to give free stuff to every person who purchased their RAM. Not gonna happen. It is what it is.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, david31160 said:

So 1 month, 1 week and a few days ago I sent this letter to Corsair's customer service (because this makes sense):

Corsair Customer Service

Corsair Components, Inc.
47100 Bayside Parkway
Fremont, CA 94538

Dear Corsair Customer Service,

I recently purchased a 16GB kit of Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM from Amazon.com. After purchasing the RAM, I went on Corsair’s website to double check the specifications. I saw that you were offering a deal which you could get a free lightbar kit with the purchase of a RAM kit. Unfortunately I had already purchased the RAM so I couldn't order it from your website. The RAM cost about the same on Amazon as it did on your website. Could I get the lightbar kit for free? I appreciate your time reading this letter and hope you consider my request.

(cut out my address and some other stuff)

Well I haven't gotten a reply so I posted this letter on their support page and basically they were like "no".

And of course I was mad because I had waited so long to get a bleeping reply of "no". I was so mad in fact I couldn't finish doing some mathematical induction and I almost went insane and even worse stuff happened. All because of this.

Sigh.

The trawl is strong in this one.

At least I hope it is a trawl wouldn't like to think there are really people who feel this entitled in the world.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

16 minutes ago, david31160 said:

Your only option would have probably been to return the ram to Amazon and order from corsair, have you tried calling them? i recently purchased a PSU from them and they sent out a k70 keyboard after they setup the whole return/exchange process i told them to just cancel the PSU and refund my money, about 20 minutes later they called back and said keep the keyboard and they refunded my money(which was told to me by members in this forum stating this is what they usually do), all they asked was i take pictures of the keyboard from all sides and it was mine to keep.

from my understanding they do this a lot, much more than other vendors out there, if you buy it directly from them they make all the profit, when they sell through amazon some of that price goes to amazon and cuts into their profit margin, its partially greed. but most of the time its just how business works these days. thats why its always good to check prices on various sites before purchase. unfortunately pcpartpicker cant cover all sites but it would be good if it did 

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

When you say "recently" just exactly how long before the promotion started did you purchase the RAM? "Recently" is a pretty subjective word and means many timeframes to many people.

I feel as though you'd be more inclined to get a response to your favor if you specifically stated how many days the timeframe actually was between the two events.

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

When you say "recently" just exactly how long before the promotion started did you purchase the RAM? "Recently" is a pretty subjective word and means many timeframes to many people.

I feel as though you'd be more inclined to get a response to your favor if you specifically stated how many days the timeframe actually was between the two events.

I bought the RAM and sent the letter when they had the offer...

I guess I should've wrote that

Alnair (Main PC):

CPU: i9-7900X with EK Supremacy RGB and SE 360 radiator

RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 MHz

MB: Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

GPU: GTX 1070 Founder’s Edition

PSU: EVGA 850 G3

SSD: WD Blue M.2 1tb, Sandisk SSD Plus 1tb

Mistle (NAS):

CPU: Pentium G3258 with stock cooler

MB: MSI H81M-E33

GPU: Intel integrated 

PSU: 500w Cooler Master

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1

Armakarth (NAS/3D modeling station/my old computer)

CPU: i7-4790K with Hyper 212

MB: MSI Z97-G45

GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

PSU: 750W Sentey

SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 1tb WD Blue

The Pizza Cooker (server):

2x quad core 2.66 ghz Xeons

16gb DDR2 FBDIMM

1 hour ago, david31160 said:

Sigh.

Said the person getting mad because he didn't get his free stuff that he didn't even deserve to get because he missed a promo.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

18 minutes ago, david31160 said:

I bought the RAM and sent the letter when they had the offer...

I guess I should've wrote that

I'd write them another email and this time include like a screenshot of your amazon purchase history showing when you bought it and explaining your situation again and they'll probably send it to you.

In instances like this they're not obligated to give you the promotional item so all you can do is make your case fully and hope for the best.