Just Curious, Have any of you ever made a Actual, functioning website from 100% scratch.

Arty

Like im doing this website for a charity http://farmingtonneighborhoodhouse.ml/  and im doing one for a client later this month, (using a template and modifying it to my needs and adjusting code and such.) was just wondering how often you would make a website from 100% scratch if ever and if any of you done (and share xD)?

I mean... I make like 2 dozen websites a year.... Most are just small things. Some not so small. Most are private though

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Just now, Hazy125 said:

I mean... I make like 2 dozen websites a year.... Most are just small things. Some not so small. Most are private though

But like are they 100% scratch? or do you find a template that looks nice and modify the structure.  or both. 

i mean i found this site and thought why wouldn't they use a template or something

http://www.aktest.com/Farmigton.htm

1 minute ago, Arty said:

But like are they 100% scratch? or do you find a template that looks nice and modify the structure.  or both. 

i mean i found this site and thought why wouldn't they use a template or something

http://www.aktest.com/Farmigton.htm

I've never used a template. I don't even use CMS's. I make almoast everything from scratch with the exception of Jquery every now and then

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Yep...although it was for school work, it was still a baller :D (implemented a navigation bar which took soooooo long...)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Yeah working on somethings to get knowledge of web developing, doing thing with PHP MySQL after that i really need to get in JS.

Im not a designer but i think i did alright, i kept in mind that the users would be 40-50+ years old so i used nice big buttons :).

Currently working on a photo upload system that also creates thumbnails, to make it fast and nice.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

I pretty much did all of my web design from around 1998 to 2003.. so.. it was all from scratch :D

Sure wish I would have stuck with it.. If I could have made a career out of it I'm sure it would have been a lot more fun than what I do now hehe.. 

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

7 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yep...although it was for school work, it was still a baller :D (implemented a navigation bar which took soooooo long...)

I actually hated my Web Programming class so much. There used to be three at my university. As far as I know it was front-end, back-end and advanced.

Now there's one, they still teach the same content. If you were a new programmer (Which most of us were), that class was hell.

These days I'm not too bad at it, I plan to do a little more on the web front soon, I've been keen to learn some Node.js and Ruby on Rails

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Just now, VulsaviiK said:

I actually hated my Web Programming class so much. There used to be three at my university. As far as I know it was front-end, back-end and advanced.

Now there's one, they still teach the same content. If you were a new programmer (Which most of us were), that class was hell.

These days I'm not too bad at it, I plan to do a little more on the web front soon, I've been keen to learn some Node.js and Ruby on Rails

This is high school I'm talking about...not Uni :D 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

This is high school I'm talking about...not Uni :D 

Feel lucky. We got to week 6 and they were all like "Now you get to learn how to make these things build themselves"

Like... Jesus guys... We only just barely covered PHP, now you want us to cover dynamic sites? (i.e. Sites that update as new content is added). Not to mention responsive design, which was a significant amount of the marks for the first assignment, was not taught at all from what I remember, that was for us to go research

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

1 minute ago, VulsaviiK said:

Feel lucky. We got to week 6 and they were all like "Now you get to learn how to make these things build themselves"

Like... Jesus guys... We only just barely covered PHP, now you want us to cover dynamic sites? (i.e. Sites that update as new content is added). Not to mention responsive design, which was a significant amount of the marks for the first assignment, was not taught at all from what I remember, that was for us to go research

Oh damn...hopefully it's not going to be like that for me in Uni...