Airport security and smartwatches

Go to solution Solved by HPWebcamAble,

You'll have to take it off when you go thru security, but they have thousands of people with smart watches fly everyday.

Hi, I'm going to be flying soon and I plan to take my moto 360 with me. Have never flown with it before and couldn't find anything about it on my local airport's "can and cannot bring" page. Can anyone talk about their experience travelling with a smartwatch? I'm a bit nervous about it and don't want trouble as I will be travelling in a group. 

You'll have to take it off when you go thru security, but they have thousands of people with smart watches fly everyday.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

I doubt it would be any different than having a smartphone, and would act the same in that fashion, but I could be wrong. I'm going to say you're fine. 

1 minute ago, Hydrogen1803 said:

I doubt it would be any different than having a smartphone, and would act the same in that fashion, but I could be wrong. I'm going to say you're fine. 

2 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Thanks! 

Only thing I can imagine them having an issue with is you'll probably have to turn it off or at least disconnect it during the whole flight, since it would need bluetooth and airplane mode shuts all that off, so it would be basically useless on the plane; maybe just pack it in a suitcase?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

you have to take it off like any regular watch and put it though the xray

but they dont take it from you at all

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, tahmidkhan123 said:

Hi, I'm going to be flying soon and I plan to take my moto 360 with me. Have never flown with it before and couldn't find anything about it on my local airport's "can and cannot bring" page. Can anyone talk about their experience travelling with a smartwatch? I'm a bit nervous about it and don't want trouble as I will be travelling in a group. 

The do's and don'ts of flying.

Dont make bomb noises

Dont talk about bombs

Dont talk about ISIS

And for the love of god. LEAVE THE KIDS AT HOME OR SEND THEM IN A SHIPPING CONTAINER IN ADVANCE!!!!

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Only thing I can imagine them having an issue with is you'll probably have to turn it off or at least disconnect it during the whole flight, since it would need bluetooth and airplane mode shuts all that off, so it would be basically useless on the plane; maybe just pack it in a suitcase?

Most smart watches have an airplane mode, and the watch keeps its time without the Bluetooth connection. The rules for smart watches are the same as for phones and other consumer electronics.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

12 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

Most smart watches have an airplane mode, and the watch keeps its time without the Bluetooth connection.

Oh, ok didn't know that

12 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

The rules for smart watches are the same as for phones and other consumer electronics.

That I figured already ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You just take it off like you take off your shoes belts etc

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just chuck it in the x-ray bin with your phone/wallet/carry on. Smile and nod when the security asks if your Pebble is an iWatch, try not to commit an act of terrorism with it thus ruining it for the rest of us.

Simples.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact