2016 civic coupe with honda link

i_build_nanosuits

Hey guys!

Right now sitting in my driveway drinking rhum and coke in my brand new 2016 civic coupe with honda link (not going anywhere don't worry) its amazing that I can do this from the touch screen in my car...I was born in1982 I saw the birth of dial up internet and now that thing in my car is a little tablet that can use either my phone or WiFi to hook up to the web And Im amazed it even correct my typos and can install apps and shit...how better life could be? And this is just a Canadian base LX model!!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I thought you got some question and was about to point you to Dennis. :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

No I'm good I'm getting really drunk right now bright sunny day with absolutely zero clouds in the sky right now here in QC its 20c outside according to the car and almost half my typing is wrong but its coming out alright..I'm loving it!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Now watching fail army on YouTube I even accessed. Facebook and stuff...I'm stunned..I. Think the next civic will play crysis!

8 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

But can it ru-. Oh.

Ru?

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

M clike at run Crysis?". so

Right now it canT..its pretty slow its  Like a pentium 3 or celeron or soMe thing...but the nest Gen might :o)

But...but...but...it's a civic...not a Evo...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

B...but...but...it's a civic...no. t a Evo...

Lol..its a lot more modern thor eallyts a 6 speed manual with 158hp its has a really good pull...and it looks really Good...youve Seen pucs Pics of it but the metallic blue  2016 civic coupe looks outstanding..makes a lot of head turn!

1 hour ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Hey guys!

Right now sitting in my driveway drinking rhum and coke in my brand new 2016 civic coupe with honda link (not going anywhere don't worry) its amazing that I can do this from the touch screen in my car...I was born in1982 I saw the birth of dial up internet and now that thing in my car is a little tablet that can use either my phone or WiFi to hook up to the web And Im amazed it even correct my typos and can install apps and shit...how better life could be? And this is just a Canadian base LX model!!

Good, I have that car as well (EX model)

Fantastic car, I have it for about a month so far. But 1 issue (beside the glossy plastic at the inside) is the touch screen, despite not glossy, it will easily be scratched, because crappy plastic was used. Like dirt particle from your fingers (even if you clean your hands), will create micro scratches. You don't see them, which is nice, expect on a very sunny day and the sun points upwards from the car.

You may want to look for a screen protector. Yea, a screen protector for a car, never taught I would have ever need to say this.

Finding a screen protector for the car in Canada, is very tricky. I find those from a Civic forum: http://www.photodon.com/p/2884-01.html

They ship to Canada, but they are in the U.S... I ordered 2 of them (non glossy), because shipping is so expensive, I needed to make sure that at least I get the same amount i product/shipping ratio. I have yet to receive it (recently ordered it), so I don't know how good or bad it is... but I would recommend either not touching the touch screen (which I know it is impossible), or wear white gloves.

I looked on the manual many times, and I don't see that the touch screen can't be touched. :P

So yea, sucks... but could be worst. Beside that, awesome car, with fantastic finish at the inside. Impressive mileage as well, I actually, on a perfect day, no traffic, I actually beat the highway rating. Of course in city driving is always god awful due to many factors, mostly stop-and-go, and 30km limits streets, bad roads, and so on.

33 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Lol..its a lot more modern thor eallyts a 6 speed manual with 158hp its has a really good pull...and it looks really Good...youve Seen pucs Pics of it but the metallic blue  2016 civic coupe looks outstanding..makes a lot of head turn!

But still...not a Evo...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Oh something I forgot to mention, the car break-in is 1000km. So no racing,  no pushing the car acceleration high, no speeding, no sport mode (S) if you got the CVT model, and certainly no playing soccer with it :D

idk, i kinda like this honda better

c8fc7a659185eec10ac7cdf836a8ecd2.jpg  

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

No I'm good I'm getting really drunk right now bright sunny day with absolutely zero clouds in the sky right now here in QC its 20c outside according to the car and almost half my typing is wrong but its coming out alright..I'm loving it!

You weren't driving home drunk were you?!

9 minutes ago, Enderman said:

idk, i kinda like this honda better

c8fc7a659185eec10ac7cdf836a8ecd2.jpg  

ew those wheels

14 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

ew those wheels

sorry, i know you like these better, but unfortunately that honda doesn't come with them.

41nZB1WytFL.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

sorry, i know you like these better, but unfortunately that honda doesn't come with them.

41nZB1WytFL.jpg

I prefer these:

15767582078_f204e2f8a1_b.jpg

Or something similar. Maybe without the little chrome bolts around the rim and in a matte white color too.

7 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I prefer these:

Or something similar. Maybe without the little chrome bolts around the rim and in a matte white color too.

meh, not really exotic enough imo for a half million $ car

also they are pretty small, ive never seen that type of rims in a 20 or 21" size, at least not on a lambo

those look more like something to put on a ricer car, or subaru, or some rally car

Spoiler

I personally found the Honda link and Android auto slow. Not to mention how frustrating the default menu setup is. Going to wait a few years for the manufacturers to really properly implement the Android systems.

The car is average. Rear visibility sucked.

We had a turbocharged 1.5L with cvt rental for a week.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

meh, not really exotic enough imo for a half million $ car

also they are pretty small, ive never seen that type of rims in a 20 or 21" size, at least not on a lambo

those look more like something to put on a ricer car, or subaru, or some rally car

Well I'm more into Subies and rally and Miatas and of course my 124 Spider and stuff. But if I had the choice of super cars I'd rather take a Ferrari.

Edit: Fuck that rice shit though, disgusts me. I do like JDM but not fucking Honda unless it's an NSX or S2000 (and an S2000 is cutting it close).

5 hours ago, ShiftHitTheFan said:

I personally found the Honda link and Android auto slow. Not to mention how frustrating the default menu setup is. Going to wait a few years for the manufacturers to really properly implement the Android systems.

The car is average. Rear visibility sucked.

We had a turbocharged 1.5L with cvt rental for a week.

All car system are bad. The problem is that the software team and the hardware team don't have good communication, and the people responsible for making contract are not computer hardware knowledgeable. Basically, it goes something like this: "The system needs a GeForce 610 to run smoothly and properly, get a GeForce 610 with 512MB of memory". Then the other department goes to Nvidia, and says "Yea, we need this GeForce 6 something thingy... what do you have that is free? GeForce 4 MX for 1$... well it says GeForce... so great! Sign!", Then the car is released with under performing hardware. That is also why Nvidia is pushing hard for hardware manufacture to wake up, and buy proper hardware, and working with Audi to make a car system that fast and responsive to showcase what they could get. Tesla got the memo. But sadly, pretty much all of the affordable car manufacture don't.

I don't find the default menu frustrating... it is fairly straight forward.. at least to me.

Car is very good in my opinion. I tested other cars, and it seems that only Honda knows how to implement CVT.

Rear visibility is common for sporty cars, due of being low, and more aerodynamic.The rear view mirror sees well the back, and you have the rear camera when backing up.