fuck Nvidia

lovingGamer
Go to solution Solved by lovingGamer,

MY PROBLEM IS FIXED! 

Just now, lovingGamer said:

card was working fine for like 4 days

Yes but did you check whatever else I told you to check ?

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Never said nVidia didn't fuck up, now did I? I said he was an idiot for not waiting for people to bitch and moan like they do when a driver is poo.

Thanks for proving my point lmfao

Everything past 362.00 is garbage.

So thanks for the cute insult. And also: *Also *you're *I

Yeah, sorry mate.. First time Nvidia user.. :(

4 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Fuck their mobile drivers :D

23k posts not a mod. LIKE DA FUQQQQQ?

31 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Yup, waay to much bullshit and they rip you off too

How do they rip you off? Their products are price competive with amd.

Just now, tmcclelland455 said:

Never said nVidia didn't fuck up, now did I? I said he was an idiot for not waiting for people to bitch and moan like they do when a driver is poo.

that is very insensitive of you, and you shouldn't be calling people names for installing the wrong driver

your anger would be best utilized if it was turned to the source of your dissatisfaction - the actual manufacturers of the product and corporate giants that release bad products

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just now, Dr_Pleeper said:

What's the deal with drives past 362? I've got 364.72 and haven't had any problems.

1. 364.51 was a beta driver... that on the very next day after launch, had it's description changed to WHQL.
  2. 364.72 had more complaints in the Nvidia forum than other drivers usually do.
  3. 364.96 was a "hotfix" whose sole purpose was Support for DOOM Open Beta and Mirror's Edge Catalyst Closed BETA

Aside for that, all 3 drivers have broken OpenCL on Maxwell Gpus. While this doesn't concearn people that just game, it is a clear indication that something is wrong with those drivers...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Yes but did you check whatever else I told you to check ?

seems like card is working fine now.. if i get one more error like that i'll download older drivers.. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

What's the deal with drives past 362? I've got 364.72 and haven't had any problems.

Generally speaking, it seems that they're unstable, shoot performance in the dick, or brick cards.

On my 480, anything past 362.00 kills performance.

12 minutes ago, Quinnbeast said:

I'm using 364.51 without the slightest problem.

Consider yourself lucky I guess?

I would have added this to my last post, but I can't fucking copy and paste a damned quote on this new version of IPS. :/

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How do they rip you off? Their products are price competive with amd.

nano is the same price or lower than 980, so if Fury, they both have a better performance by a significant margin

also #RAMGate and #ASyncGate

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

4 minutes ago, DXMember said:

that is very insensitive of you, and you shouldn't be calling people names for installing the wrong driver

your anger would be best utilized if it was turned to the source of your dissatisfaction - the actual manufacturers of the product and corporate giants that release bad products

Oh my god, stop it with the whole fucking parent act.

I'm sorry that people on the internet can't act like perfect angels. But I don't care, I never will, and people need to grow a thicker skin.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

24 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Yes. Stick to that one (and don't upgrade again until we declare the next set of drivers to be safe)

seems like everything is working fine now.. what should i do? should i still get that older driver or? 

I really need your thoughts on this, so please answer|!

also thanks for all your help!

1 minute ago, tmcclelland455 said:

people need to grow a thicker skin.

to what extent?

how extreme the situation has to get for you to stop using this argument? - I'll give you an example - a man from the street breaks into your house, violates your woman and demolishes your house, his response is "grow a thicker skin" - would that be an OK situation?

I believe people should be more respectful to each other - love is the answer, stop hating

1 minute ago, lovingGamer said:

seems like everything is working fine now.. what should i do? should i still get that older driver or? 

I really need your thoughts on this, so please answer|!

also thanks for all your help!

That's really up to you. If you think you'll be fine, I guess you could keep your current driver.

But I already said what I think it's best: downgrade to 362.00

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

That's really up to you. If you think you'll be fine, I guess you could keep your current driver.

But I already said what I think it's best: downgrade to 362.00

hmm i'll do that, just to be safe. i guess, would i lose any performance?

1 minute ago, lovingGamer said:

hmm i'll do that, just to be safe. i guess, would i lose any performance?

No. Much like you shouldn't have gained any with 364.72 either...

18 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

It's not bugged for everyone, but it's been bricking cards and causing irreparable BSODs left right and centre. You got lucky

That driver is safe.

Interesting. I can understand a driver causing instability issues, but bricking a GPU? I didn't honestly know was a thing (for lack of better phrasing). In real terms though, how do you decipher between large-scale driver errors (perhaps causing even GPU damage) and mass bandwagon-jumping that many communities are prone to? By and large, these issues can and should be taken on a case-by-case basis to get any sort of accuracy, which is almost impossible. Taking your average forum rant at face value doesn't really teach us much, least of all the genuine source of hardware failure.

1 minute ago, Quinnbeast said:

Interesting. I can understand a driver causing instability issues, but bricking a GPU? I didn't honestly know was a thing (for lack of better phrasing). In real terms though, how do you decipher between large-scale driver errors (perhaps causing even GPU damage) and mass bandwagon-jumping that many communities are prone to? By and large, these issues can and should be taken on a case-by-case basis to get any sort of accuracy, which is almost impossible. Taking your average forum rant at face value doesn't really teach us much, least of all the genuine source of hardware failure.

There are pages and pages of people telling of their own personal driver instabilities. I doubt it's everyone hopping on the bandwagon.

Also, drivers bricking GPUs is rare but is possible.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

done some more gaming no problems weird, i opened up Division it crashed :o 

3 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

There are pages and pages of people telling of their own personal driver instabilities. I doubt it's everyone hopping on the bandwagon.

Also, drivers bricking GPUs is rare but is possible.

Okay, it's rare now? You said that drivers were "bricking cards and causing irreparable BSODs left right and centre" and that I was lucky. That's the opposite of rare, is it not? Anyway, you've basically acknowledged that many people (not of course 'everyone') could be jumping on the bandwagon and that a GPU being bricked by a driver is very unlikely. Perhaps easier just to clarify that from the start. 

1 minute ago, Quinnbeast said:

Okay, it's rare now? You said that drivers were "bricking cards and causing irreparable BSODs left right and centre" and that I was lucky. That's the opposite of rare, is it not? Anyway, you've basically acknowledged that many people (not of course 'everyone') could be jumping on the bandwagon and that a GPU being bricked by a driver is very unlikely. Perhaps easier just to clarify that from the start. 

No, I meant driver releases don't tend to brick cards. Like, the company releasing a driver that breaks cards doesn't happen often: that's what I said was rare. But if you downloaded the bugged driver than it's not rare. You misunderstood, my fault. Sorry.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

44 minutes ago, DXMember said:

to what extent?

how extreme the situation has to get for you to stop using this argument? - I'll give you an example - a man from the street breaks into your house, violates your woman and demolishes your house, his response is "grow a thicker skin" - would that be an OK situation?

I believe people should be more respectful to each other - love is the answer, stop hating

Way to use a TOTALLY different scenario to try and poke holes in what I said. Like 10/10 IGN. You failed. Now go away. kthnxbye

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Way to use a TOTALLY different scenario to try and poke holes in what I said. Like 10/10 IGN. You failed. Now go away. kthnxbye

you hurt my feeling, I think I'll sue ya

still haven't heard an answer from you

1 hour ago, lovingGamer said:

fuck Nvidia

Can someone remain me how the fuck is Nvidia better than AMD..
http://i.imgur.com/q3ftCxF.png

Nvidia is giving me way too much bullshit..  i was just playing BF4

So dude, looking at the picture you linked of your MSI Afterburner, you got some overclock going, as far as I know BF4 is a bit finicky with overlocks, try stock and if you do get the error once again, then roll back.

I am running latest driver perfectly fine without crashes.