help with pc spec

Sonu

hi i have a question about my pc here is my spec

psu thermaltake evo blue 650w

case fractal design define r4 (i upgraded my case some of the fans of my old one stopped working and i hate led lights)

pc spec.jpg

so i know my pc is old i think its abuot 6-7years old and i do need to upgrade it but i dont know where to start i dont want to spend another £1400 on a new pc if

i can reuse some of my current hardware

iv been looking up some info about cpus but tbh its all lost on me i know i need a new motherboard cpu and graphics card but the thing is i dont know much about cpu and motherboards so i really dont know what to get (i just went with a RoG motherboard becasue it said gamer etc) and i think the ram  is ok but im not sure

i do alot of gaming and i work with maya (3d software) zbrush and photoshop so it needs to fit these needs

i wanted to know should i buy a new pc or upgrade what i have and if so what is the best way to look for what i need becasue i really dont know what brands are good and what i should keep away from

thank you for your help

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£226.26 @ More Computers)
Motherboard: Asus H97-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£95.26 @ More Computers)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£55.92 @ More Computers)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  (£269.99 @ Ebuyer)
Total: £647.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-12 17:43 BST+0100

I guess a new pc will do wonders, but you don't need to waste that much money. things like your drives and case and psu can be reused i think

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

OK you can re use your case, power supply, ram, hard drives, optical drive and OS. But I would get a new cpu mobo and graphics card. If you want suggestions for the mobo, gpu, and cpu I can give you some if you give me a budget.

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

26 minutes ago, Sonu said:

You can probably save your case, maybe hard drives, but if you're doing heavy productivity work, you'll probably want a more powerful CPU, and possibly a workstation GPU if you don't plan on doing any gaming.

Also what's your display set up if you're gaming?

And what country/budget?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Im sure that your CPU will be alright cuz I've seen videos of people that still use the 920 because it is a great CPU for the money. It can also hold its own in gaming too.

Personally, I think you only need to upgrade your RAM, Graphics card and your Storage so that your OS is onto an SSD

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

country UK (£ GBP) i do alot of gaming well as much as i can do with what i have and i do work on it 3d and photoshop so it has to be able to render and atm im not having much trouble with the 3d yes its a bit slow and i would love it to be faster but its not a major thing the main reason i want to upgrade is so i can play games more (dark souls 3 came out AND I CANT PLAY IT) so i was thinking about upgrading i didnt know what i needed to upgrade my cpu and motherboard were expensive at the time so i really want to know are they obsolete or are they still good for what i need which is 3d and photoshop work and gaming and ty for the quick reply and the helpful list 19_blackie_73